Enforcing behaviour of players in chat and game

Enforcing curbing troll abuse absusing abusive slang namecalling vulgar kill

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Arshar #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• 12283 battles

Dear players,

Apart from reporting against players in-game, what else can be done to enforce people to stop getting away with misbehavior ?

Few days ago, I thought of reporting a player (with 24K battles) using 'M' word and abusing remaining players in battle to his clan admins but that is not possible I found out apart from sending a pm to the admins which would at most be like slap on the wrist, so I didn't bother reporting.

No one should get away with it, I get angry too, but upon recalling that lot to kids play this game too, I [TRY TO] control myself, every body should..

What can be done to mark a player like we have warning system in forum and send public notice to Clans, if a player is not in clan put a marker with number of strikes he received.

Or what (additional) action can be taken to stop this behavior ?

and don't count / mention on turning spam, chat filter ON in game option.

Ezz #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Muppet? Meanybum? Misogynist? Mitochondria? Melancholy? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pokeranger24 #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostArshar, on 14 January 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

You want to regulate player behavior in a F2P MMO ?

Good Luck

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Profanisaurus #4 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:10 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Surely the first question is - was he right?  Were the team being oxygen thieves?  Were they tier 1 level players stinking up high tier games? Were they 47/48% armchair generals with little to no grasp of how to actually win?

Maybe the M word was 'Mitigating' Ezz?

Puggsley #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
"Mighty heavy to carry"

spacewolf #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72610 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
"Mathsdebating".

Proudly sponsored by WG

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31769 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Masochist. We are all Ms when we play this game.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Zynth #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25370 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
IS-M?

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

neokai #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41134 battles

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

For chat offences send screenshots of the PM, or replay if it's in battle, to a moderator.

Moderators are those folks with red names in chat, or the red moderator tag under their forum profile, e.g. neokai. We will review and sanction/warn as necessary.

Spoiler

Bigglesfliesagain_ #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28402 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
"Mum" is that you?

#XVMStatsMatter

#DepthMatters

#Are[InsertClanNameHere]Recruiting

Holeinthehead #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostArshar, on 14 January 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Dear players,

Apart from reporting against players in-game, what else can be done to enforce people to stop getting away with misbehavior ?

Few days ago, I thought of reporting a player (with 24K battles) using 'M' word and abusing remaining players in battle to his clan admins but that is not possible I found out apart from sending a pm to the admins which would at most be like slap on the wrist, so I didn't bother reporting.

No one should get away with it, I get angry too, but upon recalling that lot to kids play this game too, I [TRY TO] control myself, every body should..

What can be done to mark a player like we have warning system in forum and send public notice to Clans, if a player is not in clan put a marker with number of strikes he received.

and don't count / mention on turning spam, chat filter ON in game option.

In a special place . In a special box . There is an amazing thing . It's called .................   a TISSUE !!!!!

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Arshar #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Corporal

• 12283 battles

It's not about hurting someone's emotions.. just join some team training sessions  (you know better) and hear the players, I was surprised to find a lot of kids playing, that's my concern, It's not about punishing them, More about making them realize that there is a wide range of players of different ages and skill and treat them with due ( whats the word... respect ? ) fairness.

I agree with pokeranger24, its hard.. and neokai's solution, But..... just like we value badges, excellence marks in game can we have something that marks a player for N number of games or days in game ? rather than banning them right away :justwait: or make them do community service by playing N number of games with players of low WN8 (now I'm getting evil ideas :playing: )

As for profanisaurus..... in random battle ? are you questioning WOT's able MM... hmmmm ? Blasphemy !! 

(I know a debate or argument on this topic might be laughable but..)

Edited by Arshar, 15 January 2019 - 08:53 PM.

Grazeaction #13 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 20783 battles
Reporting is OK if it is acted on. The problem is you can report a player multiple times with no effect. I have just been locked out, again, because some prat decided to jam me into a wall and use me as cover. This happens too much lately and there is nothing the victim can do. If you defend your self in game in an attempt to survive  you end up locked out. If you cop it and get destroyed you lose out on silver and exp. The reporting system has been made far too generic and needs to be reassessed. 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

First lieutenant

• 39530 battles
did he call you "monkey"?? World of tanks is the number one game played by zoologists i think. So many zoologists in chat that i am actually starting to believe WoT is played by animals.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Righteous_End #15 Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

Sergeant

• 18274 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

There is a word sensor option for chat in game... Have you never bothered to look in the options?

Anyways I don't see anything wrong with Muppet's... I suppose we all loved them when we were kids....

Scrubba #16 Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

Sergeant

• 35220 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Arshair, you might consider turning off chat in game if youre so easily offended!

Also tagged with Enforcing, curbing, troll, abuse, absusing, abusive, slang, namecalling, vulgar, kill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users