Sooooo When is the next round of perma bans for illegal mod use?

#stillbeingused #forthenubs

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #61 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71420 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
How many lost their Chieftain?

Ezz #62 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Given all the campaign issues I'm surprised the numbers were so low. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Muds_Revenge #63 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

308 or approximately 1 player per battle of 30 players.

And if you don't have ANY cheats for 1,2,3 battles at all, the law of averages says your next battle that DOES have cheats will have more than the 1.

Any battles with more than 30 players, the average number of expected cheaters also goes up.

Even 1 cheater per random battle is too much if you ask me.

I am sure WG could do better.

Puggsley #64 Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:27 AM

Captain

• 64615 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
How are you working that out Mud? 

nuclearnz #65 Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

Corporal

• 51812 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

End of the day Wargaming aren't doing enough about cheaters!

once every 3-6 months for a banned is a joke and only getting 218 cheaters is a token of the amount of cheaters on the server!

DO BETTER!

Edited by nuclearnz, 15 February 2019 - 06:08 AM.

Saffelicious #66 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:20 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 36395 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Cya JT

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

Muds_Revenge #67 Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostPuggsley, on 15 February 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

How are you working that out Mud? 

Based on a server population of 10k, seems to be fair these days.

10,000 players / 308 cheaters caught = 32. [whole bunch of decimals].

Each random battle has 30 players, that's close enough to 1/32 players are cheating for me.

It's really quite a high proportion if you think about it.

Can't quite remember, but didn't they warn even MORE players on SEA in the previous sweep?.

1) It's bad because in previous sweep time frame of catch and release, there were even MORE active cheaters.

2) It's good, because the NUMBER of cheaters being caught and released has dropped.

I honestly feel like I can notice a difference when certain events are on, that involve getting (mostly) a free tank, ESPECIALLY when there is opportunity to collect a rare one.

I believe there will be many cheaters using a hit and run tactic to attempt to avoid detection. That is, activating cheats while necessary to achieve their objective, then deactivate the cheats ASAP.

Not making the cheating so obvious is another tactic being used now by the "smarter" cheat.

I'm not doing frontlines due to the TIME it consumes considering I work 12 hour days AND study, however it would be interesting for data.

I sure wish WG would JUST SELL TANKS for players who CAN'T grind all the time!!!!. 

AFAIK we the people, STILL have NOT been informed on HOW WG catches these cheats, probably because that is part of their detection system itself, I certainly hope it's not purely based on reporting from other players, and is in fact a solid definitive process. I myself know the pain and suffering of being reported by a salty player for an offensive IGN after 5 years of using it in WG games, to have the judicial system side with that player and enforce the IGN change.

Complaints: 1

Laughter and joy and thanks for the funny IGN man, from THREE (3) different servers and players from many many different countries: 1748.

**Spoiler alert** the complaint won.

Comedy and humour died that day. 

Puggsley #68 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:46 AM

Captain

• 64615 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The engineer in me is having conniptions over your casual disregard of decimal points...... :P

Its pretty difficult to get a reasonable handle on this.

You would have make assumptions about numbers of games played by the cheaters and across the entire server in a given period to do this reasonably. When do cheaters play? Do they use them all the time? Who knows. How often do you have to use them to be detected? How many cheaters are being sophisticated enough to avoid detection?

As an upper bound you might get close to 3% of players in the game being cheaters, if they are used all the time, and you assume they are all caught. Which would be close to 1 cheater in every game on average. You would notice it every other game as it would be hard to detect when they are on your side.

An interesting question to ponder how you even measure this and what impact it has on any individual's game.

_Rune #69 Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

First lieutenant

• 14036 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI

The fact that nothing had been done in some time or is ongoing daily checking on cheaters of illegal mods astounds me.

Why only now have bans gone out and why so lenient on first offences? i know you don't want to scare away the populace. but if they were smart enough to install mods after playing the vanilla client etc and the rules and regulations are everywhere.. just give them all a 7 day ban as a pre-warning then perma ban on 2nd offence. 

Ignorance and failure to read terms/conditions and EULA isn't anyone else's fault but their own and its in every language...

or better yet, how about make it so you can't use MODS at all unless they are in the game! if people have ideas for modifications WG can review and implement into the standard client.. would stop all the BS and toxicity that occurs with it

neokai #70 Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40015 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 14 February 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

308 or approximately 1 player per battle of 30 players.

And if you don't have ANY cheats for 1,2,3 battles at all, the law of averages says your next battle that DOES have cheats will have more than the 1.

Any battles with more than 30 players, the average number of expected cheaters also goes up.

Even 1 cheater per random battle is too much if you ask me.

I am sure WG could do better.

The actual active is closer to 15k than 10k imo, so your numbers are more like 1/49. Beyond that, interesting stats.

View Post_Rune, on 15 February 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

The fact that nothing had been done in some time or is ongoing daily checking on cheaters of illegal mods astounds me.

Why only now have bans gone out and why so lenient on first offences? i know you don't want to scare away the populace. but if they were smart enough to install mods after playing the vanilla client etc and the rules and regulations are everywhere.. just give them all a 7 day ban as a pre-warning then perma ban on 2nd offence. 

Ignorance and failure to read terms/conditions and EULA isn't anyone else's fault but their own and its in every language...

or better yet, how about make it so you can't use MODS at all unless they are in the game! if people have ideas for modifications WG can review and implement into the standard client.. would stop all the BS and toxicity that occurs with it

First offence IS a 7 day ban as a pre-warning, and 2nd offence is a perma-ban. You have just described the present system that WG is using...

With the shift to wotmods center, WG IS reviewing what mods that can be implemented into the client. Basically, if you install mods outside of wotmods, you are running the risk of running an illegal mod.

Lastly, mods are not (always) the problem. Direct injection software (aka aimbots) are the ones that people complain most about - and it does not run off mod_res folder or any of its dependencies.

Spoiler

SaltyBob_ #71 Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 44965 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
I am ringing that reporter Clark Kent  .. this is HOT news  :P

nuclearnz #72 Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• 51812 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postneokai, on 15 February 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Direct injection software (aka aimbots) are the ones that people complain most about - and it does not run off mod_res folder or any of its dependencies.

like i said WARGAMING DO BETTER

southerner #73 Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• 15925 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

For the people that like cheating the solution is simple. Go play another game that caters for players like you. You will get caught warned or banned. 

Or you will clean up your act and just run a vanilla client with no mods whatsoever.

Or you are a compulsive cheater and will keep on cheating and have reroll accounts or what ever and keep on cheating no matter what WG does, you will always be back.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

OzzieRoo #74 Posted Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41129 battles
  • [KELLY] KELLY
And this doesn't even include the botters running multiple clients so they are AFK for most of the battle, had 7 in a morning Asia server game 4x AFK all battle and 3x who didn't move till 3 minutes into 4 minute game. Most were HTs.

Edited by OzzieRoo, Yesterday, 07:35 AM.

Bibble

Muds_Revenge #75 Posted Today, 04:59 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

I lol'ed Puggs about the decimal points.

When looking at facts I try to remain neutral and bear everything as if it was in the median.

I would argue 10k server population to be the average, Neo thinks its more like 15k. If average IS higher then yes, median for active cheaters per battle drops to a lower ratio.

Other questions to ponder, when WG catch someone or at least j'accuse!, do they immediately issue a ban, or penalty, or do they build a file of names, and hit them all at the same time say every 3 months as an example, as "sweep" implies?.

Is there a window of time where no one is being detected?.

I have never been j'accused! myself, so I have to believe at this point whatever the detection system is, it is working to 100% accuracy.

Which is good for WG.

But then I haven't played for a month because, DAYAM, whats with the astronomical pings and worst lag EVER?!.

And why aren't there ten threads about it?. Singapore was BETTER, even when sharks were snacking on the cable!!.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users