Sooooo When is the next round of perma bans for illegal mod use?

#stillbeingused #forthenubs

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

FramFramson #81 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:31 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostProfanisaurus, on 20 February 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

It's not like you to stay alive that long, was it a map with no water to drown yourself?

Rather on the nose there, Prof! :trollface:

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

LeSigh #82 Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I've been in at least 4 battles that spanker has drowned himself in while playing arty. [edited] him.
This account proudly sponsored by WG

Puggsley #83 Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostOzzieRoo, on 16 February 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

And this doesn't even include the botters running multiple clients so they are AFK for most of the battle, had 7 in a morning Asia server game 4x AFK all battle and 3x who didn't move till 3 minutes into 4 minute game. Most were HTs.

Maybe there was an arty included in the count of AFKers??

SLAV_ROBIN #84 Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29191 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPuggsley, on 22 February 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Maybe there was an arty included in the count of AFKers??

just because he might have sat in one spot the whole game.. well... nvm you never know with arty these days  :sceptic::hiding:

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Underhook #85 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

First lieutenant

• 30944 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

Does anybody know if there are any illegal spotting mods getting around.  

I know the 15mtr bush rule does not always work but 15mtrs and double bushed should work shouldn't it?

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

Ezz #86 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostUnderhook, on 22 February 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

I know the 15mtr bush rule does not always work but 15mtrs and double bushed should work shouldn't it?

Often depends on if there are other potential spotters you don't know about. Do you have a replay example? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #87 Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostEzz, on 22 February 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Often depends on if there are other potential spotters you don't know about. Do you have a replay example? 

^^ This.

Don't assume the tanks you can't see are behind a double bush.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

southerner #88 Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• 16523 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 22 February 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

The games getting more challenging, adapt or die.
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

stewiejp #89 Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43819 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
There are no illegal mods which directly spot tanks as far as I am aware - never has been. Tree down, etc are another matter.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Holeinthehead #90 Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostUnderhook, on 22 February 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Camouflage has been broken since 1.0 . Conan and Tan allegedly even tested it and confirmed there were problems . Fast forward to 1.4 and still nothing has been said or done . When you can have moving tanks within 50 meters firing at you remain invisible something is wrong .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Ezz #91 Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Hole i think you mistake wg's revenue from endless premium sales for something that will lead to game improvement. The two aren't connected. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Holeinthehead #92 Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 22 February 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Hole i think you mistake wg's revenue from endless premium sales for something that will lead to game improvement. The two aren't connected. 

Doh !

There once was a time I was happy to be patient and understanding with WG . You can kick a dog so many times , one day it will bite you . In your face /  over the top / outright insults seem to be the only way to get even a mild response out of WG these days .

Whats worse is they keep pissing in our pockets and expect us to believe it .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

FramFramson #93 Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:06 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Poststewiejp, on 22 February 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

There are no illegal mods which directly spot tanks as far as I am aware - never has been. Tree down, etc are another matter.

A long while back a bunch of cleverdicks included a "spy" program in a popular modpack, if you downloaded it from their site. Anyone running their specially "tweaked" version actually sent their vision data to a third party server, which the cheaters could use to see enemy tanks.

Luckily that was a fairly short-lived and contained scourge.

Remi_Devil #94 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Corporal

• 14879 battles
  • [-KMK-] -KMK-

As I know some clans have their most members using bots and banned mods like tundra. However they never get banned..

WG really should improve their anti-cheating system. The current one is far less effective.

Or mod whitelist should be implemented.

Elegant and Charismatic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #95 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostFramFramson, on 23 February 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

A long while back a bunch of cleverdicks included a "spy" program in a popular modpack, if you downloaded it from their site. Anyone running their specially "tweaked" version actually sent their vision data to a third party server, which the cheaters could use to see enemy tanks.

View PostFramFramson, on 23 February 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

Luckily that was a fairly short-lived and contained scourge.

Or is it...?

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

FramFramson #96 Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Well, maybe it's been brought back, but not as many people are downloading big mod packs from dodgy sites these days and the numbers were few enough before. You need a critical mass of players using the infected pack for distribution to be worthwhile.

HexHammer #97 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33363 battles
Close the client completely so no more mods at all. But firstly add the zoom out mod, because that mod gives an unfair advantage and I see streamers use that advantage all the time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users