Jump to content


Sooooo When is the next round of perma bans for illegal mod use?

#stillbeingused #forthenubs

  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

AKASHA178 #21 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:40 AM

    Smurfette

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 35804 battles
  • 5,614
  • [STEAM] STEAM
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 23 January 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

I've been playing this game since 2013 and have yet to see  "the list"(lol) on forum, I think your confusing Wargaming with [some other game not worth mentioning] they expose the cheaters with a name and shame, Wargaming on the other hand wrote rules to protect said cheating players in-game identity, awesome move that protect "law breakers"..... they haves rights to you know apart robbing other players of exp,silver etc.... 

you better check with ophthalmologist 

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1727378-%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B8-%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8F-%D1%84%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%BE-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%83%D1%88%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D1%80/ 


In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

 

 


Muds_Revenge #22 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Captain

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NZAD] NZAD
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

A paying customer can be banned (possibly) but I don't think WG ban them from starting a new account and the opportunity to file money into the WG bank account.

 

Its very murky, but I think they only ban the account, not the IP address.

 

They certainly aren't very transparent.


 



 


neokai #23 Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

    hunts pixels from red line

  • Senior Moderator
  • 40015 battles
  • 8,313
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 25 January 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

A paying customer can be banned (possibly) but I don't think WG ban them from starting a new account and the opportunity to file money into the WG bank account.

 

Its very murky, but I think they only ban the account, not the IP address.

 

They certainly aren't very transparent.

 

Yes, the account is banned, not the IP. The punishment is that all the crew skills, tanks, research, camo, ammo, equipment, credits, gold etc are all lost. This is 1 of the few cases where buyer protection laws cannot protect the user - typically e-goods you buy are protected from forfeiture.
Spoiler

DrkAvngr #24 Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20722 battles
  • 28
  • [LIFE] LIFE
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016
Gold locking and free exp locking, is all i need, plus moving binos and camo net around.

_Rune #25 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:33 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 14036 battles
  • 536
  • [MIHI] MIHI
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

I think alot of you missed the point, 3rd party mods that were accepted by WG and introduced into the game are certainly allowed, i.e garage displays and 2 tier caracels and the arty mod allowing for more direct shots etc etc

 

Things that need to be removed are

 

XVM

Auto Aim Assistance (currently legal)

Obstacle down

Tank skins showing where Crew and Ammo racks are

4x 8x 16x 32x zoom

Turret tracker (allowing to see enemy tanks turret direction behind obstacles etc)

 

Just to name a few, some of these mods are completely illegal but I guarantee people still use them, XVM is legal however causes huge amounts of focus on players and alot of toxicity in the community.. - think this is being addressed going forward by removing player names from enemy team tanks and also removing the ability to see stats.

 

Giving anyone an advantage over another player just breaks the fair play policy in general, if everyone has to use the same client with the same internal game modifications then everyone is on equal footing and haxusations and other illegitimate accusations will cease.... 

 

Want to reduce toxicity and make the game more even... ban all 3rd party mods not already in the current client version.


Edited by _Rune, 29 January 2019 - 07:34 AM.

 

 


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #26 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:56 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 71420 battles
  • 7,364
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Because WG decided that whether the advantage they give to mod user is unfair advantage or not is to be decided by them, not by the nature or the mod or by principle.

 



Muds_Revenge #27 Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Captain

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NZAD] NZAD
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View Post_Rune, on 29 January 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

I think alot of you missed the point, 3rd party mods that were accepted by WG and introduced into the game are certainly allowed, i.e garage displays and 2 tier caracels and the arty mod allowing for more direct shots etc etc

 

Things that need to be removed are

 

XVM

Auto Aim Assistance (currently legal)

Obstacle down

Tank skins showing where Crew and Ammo racks are

4x 8x 16x 32x zoom

Turret tracker (allowing to see enemy tanks turret direction behind obstacles etc)

 

Just to name a few, some of these mods are completely illegal but I guarantee people still use them, XVM is legal however causes huge amounts of focus on players and alot of toxicity in the community.. - think this is being addressed going forward by removing player names from enemy team tanks and also removing the ability to see stats.

 

Giving anyone an advantage over another player just breaks the fair play policy in general, if everyone has to use the same client with the same internal game modifications then everyone is on equal footing and haxusations and other illegitimate accusations will cease.... 

 

Want to reduce toxicity and make the game more even... ban all 3rd party mods not already in the current client version.

The couple of examples that got me extremely bored with the game, was whenever I wanted to be the aggressor and actually PUSH on enemy with my tanks, the very moment I would barely even slightly expose my tank to fire, tracked. Tracked, then smashed to oblivion while remaining perma tracked often within 2 seconds or less. And the tank that tracked me, was invisible, sniping, snapshotting while both of our tanks were moving at full speed, in different directions.

 

Or the first hit I take after 10 mins of highly exciting camping I get set on fire, put fire out, 5 seconds later next hit kills loader AND hits ammo storage following 5 seconds after the fire. Third hit from same tank yet again kills driver, loader who I just revived, but not that it matters, because oh look, I'm on fire again. Now dead. I don't think that's purely rng and deadeye perk.

 

Hey maybe I'm wrong, but I have deadeye on most of my tanks, and when I hit enemies they don't seem to come to the same strife I do. It's extremely rare that I can disable a tank from reloading. Extremely rare!. They all shoot back, all the time!. Red, purple it doesn't matter.

 

So the point is, whatever mod that allows these aiming hits to totally disable and wreck a tank, truly truly suck, IF indeed they do exist. My personal experience tells me the evidence is there, that they do.

Also, the "laser aiming mod" as seen on you tube,again cannot confirm it's real as WG are about as transparent as a nuns frock, however my experience indicates from the evidence that it IS real, enemy staying just out of shot by a hair, enough to remain lit, but not enough to fire on, they cannot possibly see I'm aiming at them, but keep backing away refusing to come out to play. And I'm not talking about sixth sense activating.

 

Oh and another just plain WG bug that really "bugs" me, is the sixth sense activation when enemy is on other side or part of solid rock wall, cannot possibly see me, but I guess can HEAR me?, over sound of own tank?!.

Classic example, td up top of beach cliff on overlord, I'm rolling right up against cliff, they cannot possibly see me, sixth sense activates. This means they now know where I am.

Is this a WG bug, or another dodgy mod?. Get it in a lot of city maps too, through solid walls, buildings etc.

 

Apologies to all nuns for the analogy no offense intended or implied.

This story has no relations to any persons living or dead.

No animals were harmed in the making of this story.

Filmed in cinecolor*

MCMCXLVVIII

 

*cinecolor is a divison of colorcine


 



 


Puggsley #28 Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 64615 battles
  • 1,429
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View Post_Rune, on 28 January 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

Giving anyone an advantage over another player just breaks the fair play policy in general, if everyone has to use the same client with the same internal game modifications then everyone is on equal footing and haxusations and other illegitimate accusations will cease.... 

 

 

The vast majority of haxusations are caused by people thinking that a difference ins skill and understanding game mechanics (certainly an advantage) = hax.

 

Getting rid of mods will make a small difference, but I'll eat my hat if it makes much difference at all to the level of haxusations.

 

I was reported and a replay sent to WG (apparently) from a T49 playing on Cliff map who was unhappy that I was shooting him when he was spotted. Apparently I was using the "laser" mod, whatever that is, to shoot him when he thought he was unspotted.



Puggsley #29 Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 64615 battles
  • 1,429
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 29 January 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

Oh and another just plain WG bug that really "bugs" me, is the sixth sense activation when enemy is on other side or part of solid rock wall, cannot possibly see me, but I guess can HEAR me?, over sound of own tank?!.

Classic example, td up top of beach cliff on overlord, I'm rolling right up against cliff, they cannot possibly see me, sixth sense activates. This means they now know where I am.

Is this a WG bug, or another dodgy mod?. Get it in a lot of city maps too, through solid walls, buildings etc.

 

 

 

If you are within 50m of the enemy (and I'm pretty sure it is just xy measurement, difference in height is not taken into account) then you will be proxy spotted. Its not a bug at all, just understanding simple game mechanics.



Profanisaurus #30 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2014 battles
  • 4,227
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

34k battles and proxy spotting is news?

 

Wow.



spacewolf #31 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 70957 battles
  • 2,749
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

Wait what's proxy spotting?

 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


Ezz #32 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • 35,526
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Who's proxy spotting? And did anyone spot proxy back? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #33 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 71420 battles
  • 7,364
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012


Profanisaurus #34 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2014 battles
  • 4,227
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

View Postspacewolf, on 29 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Wait what's proxy spotting?

 

 

If you find you have proxy spotting you should probably see your GP.

Puggsley #35 Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 64615 battles
  • 1,429
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View PostProfanisaurus, on 29 January 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

 

If you find you have proxy spotting you should probably see your GP.

 

You wont need a prescription, just go down to the chemist and show them the affected area.

wasaabi #36 Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 22093 battles
  • 6,592
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 29 January 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Oh and another just plain WG bug that really "bugs" me, is the sixth sense activation when enemy is on other side or part of solid rock wall, cannot possibly see me, but I guess can HEAR me?, over sound of own tank?!.

Classic example, td up top of beach cliff on overlord, I'm rolling right up against cliff, they cannot possibly see me, sixth sense activates. This means they now know where I am.

Is this a WG bug, or another dodgy mod?. Get it in a lot of city maps too, through solid walls, buildings etc.

 

 

Because this is an arcade game not a simulator, features are put into the game that can't be equivalent to real life in order to improve the game play.


The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


kookookichoo #37 Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

    the ginchiest

  • Member
  • 20358 battles
  • 388
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016
apPROXYmation not simulation

TheBudgiesmuggler #38 Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 25891 battles
  • 239
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

 

I don't speak nor understand Russian

Ezz #39 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • 35,526
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostPuggsley, on 29 January 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

 

You wont need a prescription, just go down to the chemist and show them the affected area.

 

I hear you only have to go within 50m. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


wasaabi #40 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 22093 battles
  • 6,592
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 29 January 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

 

I don't speak nor understand Russian

 

Google Chrome will translate it automatically.

The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users