Sooooo When is the next round of perma bans for illegal mod use?

#stillbeingused #forthenubs

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

neokai #41 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 29 January 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

You wont need a prescription, just go down to the chemist and show them the affected area.

"Where on this diagram did the bad proxy spot you?"

Spoiler

_RuneTheNomad #42 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:49 AM

First lieutenant

• 15073 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI

no issue with game mechanics

only issue with having the ability to use 3rd party mods illegal or legal regardless.

Having WOT be open to allow anything to be run in it is just dumbfounding to me....so unless WG run there tests against players to see if they are running illegal mods on a daily basis. whats to say they arn't using the Tundra Mod right now in 20 of there games then turn it off for 20 and then put it back on etc etc..if you just remove the ability to implement or use any type of modification 3rd party or otherwise into the game it would stop and reduce any kind of cheating now and in the future..

there will always be cheats - so why not eliminate the majority and lock down the game to be unmodified if not done by WG directly with patches.

stewiejp #43 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44071 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The compelling arguments against banning mods altogether include (but are not limited to) - 1. cheaters will simply find other ways to inject their software into the game; 2. a lot of the features we currently enjoy were introduced to the game because they were inspired by the mod makers & 3. A lot of mods provide benefits which the game currently does not (examples given earlier in this thread).

Even as a vanilla player I can see the vast amounts of benefits (not game changing but convenience and aesthetics) that legit mods can make. 

Regarding cheats - personally I hope the "scanning system" or whatever WG uses to find the cheaters gets turned up to maybe every 3rd or 5th random battle, as well as every single competitive game (CWs, Tournaments etc). I am no computer expert but that would be ideal - pending on resources etc. Assuming it is reliable.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #44 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74411 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

1. This is why things like nprotect exist. These are updated often, sometimes multiple times in a day. Do they stop hacking entirely? No. Do they make it harder to hack, limit the duration a hack works, and make hackers crash? Yes.

The "omg I can be hack as long as people has internet" goes down to whether it is worth the time and money

2 & 3. No denying that some mods made it into the game. Precisely because they give benefits. Benefits like - Precise damage direction indicator that you can use to fire back at bushes. And damage indicator that tells you who shot u even if the enemy wasnt spotted (Now it doesn't tell u if the shooter hasn't been revealed in Fog of War but you can still tell by the damage, not the point anyway because most battles are no FoW). A reminder that the latter feature was actually once illegal by WG, so I was surprised when WG decided to ownself illegal ownself in the game update.

And benefits like zoom out mods that allow you to see past corners.

Safeshot was illegal on NA at one point. White wreck used to be legal. People debated whether reload timer was legal (now it is illegal, I hope). HP on minimap is still legal I think? Headlight mod was something once suggested, until people realize it also reveals the direction the tank is facing, and in principle it is no different than having a headlight mod on the turret which in principle is no different from a mod which extends the barrel which in principle is no different from a tank model mod

See the problem here?

Has tracer mod (all forms) finally been banned btw?

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 30 January 2019 - 08:07 AM.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

RoughRanger #45 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

Corporal

• 16082 battles
Cheaters will still cheat and while software detection is great, other players helping by reporting can make it a lot easier

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #46 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74411 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostNigerianGirthLord, on 30 January 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

Cheaters will still cheat and while software detection is great, other players helping by reporting can make it a lot easier

Waiting for server-sided replays since 201x

Some of us don't mind doing the work without being paid with T-44-122 which the ex-moderator still gets to keep despite getting kicked of the post due to... reasons...

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Holeinthehead #47 Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54877 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNigerianGirthLord, on 30 January 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

Just find the forums did we ? Post frenzy ...........

You can report what you think is a hack until it Snows in Dubai . Without clear and actual proof it is pointless .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Ezz #48 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm also curious how great the detection actually is. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #49 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Major

• 43379 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 29 January 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

1. This is why things like nprotect exist. These are updated often, sometimes multiple times in a day. Do they stop hacking entirely? No. Do they make it harder to hack, limit the duration a hack works, and make hackers crash? Yes.

The "omg I can be hack as long as people has internet" goes down to whether it is worth the time and money

That also applies to WG though. They need to make at least a token effort so they can say they're doing something, but a comprehensive arms-race may not be something they think is worth the money, as galling as that may sound to us.

Used to work for a corp that refused to plug any of the gigantic holes in their security architecture, because they refused to do anything which might cost them a single sale. Part of my job there was to fix up shit after we'd allowed the customers to be robbed, often multiple times. I was (and still am)... not a fan of that company.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mttspiii #50 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 30 January 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Has tracer mod (all forms) finally been banned btw?

Not sure, but I havent used it since it got illegal. Back then there was a mod to bring the tracer back to patch 0.9.15 sizes to make the tracer really big (like a Star Wars battle);  I also used a different tracer mod to know if I'm being shot with sprem; now since everyone's shooting sprem anyway it's really unnecessary.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

jpkiwi #51 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25060 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M

The whole mod thing is a tricky one... I don`t really play anymore but i use to use aslans..then just Vanilla.. as I could not be arse downloading a new version every fooking week.. The only way is to scan the PC and see what the memory is doing and in today's world that is just a nono ., never going to happen. And like others have said there will always be cheats for games. Rune.. It will always be part of gaming  and don`t forget WoT IS about making money, that`s it nothing more..MONEY.

Enjoy the game or not. But I don`t really think much will change.  And Hope baby is well ;-))

jpkiwi

History is the most dangerous product ever concocted by the chemistry of the intellect. It causes dreams, inebriates nations, saddles them with false memories … keeps their old sores running, torments them when they are not at rest, and induces in them megalomania and the mania of persecution.

camdy #52 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25881 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY

View Post_Rune, on 22 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

It has been some time since the last round of *banned* accounts due to the use of illegal mods, now with more regular Chinese server players on the ASIA/ANZ server they had no sanction or illegal mod use on their own server (this isn't directed at them ether just an addition)

Any update?

Also when is the (not being able to see enemy team player names) coming into affect? removal of the ability to use XVM and stat tracking on enemy tanks. 

I have a much better idea, why not remove the ability to run any 3rd party software that isn't in the core game of world of tanks to just simply remove any chance or ability of a player getting an advantage over another.

Been running vanilla for years and will continue to do so.. the game in its current format offers everything a player needs currently....

Thoughts? community? WG?

p.s this isn't a dig at anyone cheating or running illegal mods I just thought it had been some time since the last update on WG taking so called action on cheats.

you do know that you have always been able to turn off player's names in setting>marker>enemy team

Ezz #53 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postcamdy, on 01 February 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

you do know that you have always been able to turn off player's names in setting>marker>enemy team

It doesn't prevent them from seeing yours tho so would not help the issue of xvm targeting.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Twit_ #54 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

Sergeant

• 17625 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

View Postcamdy, on 01 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

That is not what Rune is talking about. This is on the topic of XVM focus and clan targeting. In organised play you still need name tags to call focus fire but in pubbies it is not necessary.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #55 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74411 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Isnt the abuse even worse in organized play?

In real world, Hitler wouldn't be driving around in a tank with a flag that says "Have you seen Carl?"

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 01 February 2019 - 12:38 PM.

camdy #56 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25881 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY

View PostEzz, on 01 February 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

It doesn't prevent them from seeing yours tho so would not help the issue of xvm targeting.

View PostTwit_, on 01 February 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

That is not what Rune is talking about. This is on the topic of XVM focus and clan targeting. In organised play you still need name tags to call focus fire but in pubbies it is not necessary.

just so i can make sure i understand this,do you mean they see your name and yell target such an such? but doesn't the name show up with a default client in clan wars?

FramFramson #57 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

Major

• 43379 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 31 January 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Isnt the abuse even worse in organized play?

In real world, Hitler wouldn't be driving around in a tank with a flag that says "Have you seen Carl?"

Reminds me of a game Bladez and I played on Glacier a week or two ago. At the end of the match, which we won, he belatedly replied to a comment I'd made back at the beginning of the game with "I don't know how you could have ever doubted UltimateTankMasterGod and Poopmeister69". 

(names very slightly changed to avoid N&S rule).

Edited by FramFramson, 02 February 2019 - 03:47 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

JellyBob_ #58 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46667 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View PostEzz, on 30 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

I'm also curious how great the detection actually is. 

The Word " Great "  … rofl   :coin:

JellyBob_ #59 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46667 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View PostFramFramson, on 02 February 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

Reminds me of a game Bladez and I played on Glacier a week or two ago. At the end of the match, which we won, he belatedly replied to a comment I'd made back at the beginning of the game with "I don't know how you could have ever doubted UltimateTankMasterGod and Poopmeister69". 

(names very slightly changed to avoid N&S rule).

mmmmm slightly ….. SaltyBob69_    :P

southerner #60 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
From what WG is saying on the server page the ban hammer has fallen again, 308 first time offences and 90 odd perma bans. So the cheaters have been kicked right in the feels again, and that should clean them up for a while. Until the next lot come along.
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users