WG preparing to sell T10 games for RL money via bonds?

bonds more sources of bonds

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Quasinerdo #1 Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Hi,

I'm curious - WG announced bonds will be "made available from more sources" or some such very recently.

Is this an indicator that bonds will be purchasable for cash (even indirectly filtering game currencies)? I don't trust them enough to say "no it's not".

If yes, we will have players buying their way into Tier 10 not just 8, as the Bond shop will have a list of rare tanks that WG is going to sell again for bonds (FV215B etc).

Anyone able to confirm?

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

MaxandChloe4ever #2 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 15272 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

From what I heard, I think they are making old tier 10 tanks to do a come-back. Like the FV215B, Foch 155, and they are making them purchasable by bonds.

I don't think they are gonna make bonds available to be purchased by cash though, after all, it is quite a rare currency in the game, if they do that, everyone would be running around with enhanced equipment to make their tanks even better.

I do think however, they might make bonds available by playing more. Right now you only get bonds for playing tier 10 tanks and getting heroes' medals in lower tiers. I think they MIGHT make it like a few bonds given here and there after a game ends, that would be nice. Cause if you don't play tier 10 tanks, and rely on getting heroes' medals in the lower tier, that's quite an unreliable source of income for bonds.

Spoiler

Napalmer #3 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51495 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

I have no idea where you get your information from.

WG has said on multiple occasions that you won't be able to buy bonds from the premium shop.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

FramFramson #4 Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Major

• 49375 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Again though, it WOULD be nice for them to increase the amount of bonds available. As it is, most of the bond economy is dead - bond are simply too precious to be spent on most things you can buy with them, so most players just hoard them if they have any at all.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #5 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So selling bonds could be the next thing wg said they wouldn't dothen end up doing anyway... The moonbase knows no bonds...  ;) 

Edited by Ezz, 23 January 2019 - 07:32 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #6 Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Captain

• 31721 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 23 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

So selling bonds could be the next thing wg said they wouldn't dothen end up doing anyway... The moonbase knows no bonds...  ;) 

Well given it is a moonbase for a cat stroking evil mastermind, a Bond or two was bound to turn up..

"no mr Bond ... I expect  you to die..."

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

neokai #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 23 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Well given it is a moonbase for a cat stroking evil mastermind, a Bond or two was bound to turn up..

"no mr Bond ... I expect  you to die..."

Early leak of WG sekret meeting.

Spoiler

AKASHA178 #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:17 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44020 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
dont be so happy those tanks will cost 30000 bonds each 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Quasinerdo #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNapalmer, on 23 January 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

WG has said on multiple occasions that you won't be able to buy bonds from the premium shop.

settle down.... it was a question. I expect forum members to go from 0 to critical without reading.... not the mods :P .

Certainly a question that is extremely valid at this time where the change is nearing yet not announced. Certainly a question worth asking and re-confirming given WG has a history of saying one thing about in-game items then doing the exact opposite. 

Edited by Quasinerdo, 24 January 2019 - 12:24 PM.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Puggsley #10 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

0 to critical?

Surely you mean going to 11.

Ezz #11 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostQuasinerdo, on 24 January 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

I expect forum members to go from 0 to critical without reading.... not the mods  .

He's just a CC. Learn to read! ;) 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #12 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36852 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

CCs don't appear to know much.

WG said it was "unlikely" they would sell bonds for cash as the free to players salty tears would be too much for anyone to bear the cries of "it's pay to win"!.

However bonds have already been sold in a package on another server buy 7 days premium account, get 50 bonds with it, kinda deal.

Pretty lame really, as 50 bonds is a drop in the ocean of what you WILL need.

spacewolf #13 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 76422 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 24 January 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

WG said it was "unlikely" they would sell bonds for cash as the free to players salty tears would be too much for anyone to bear the cries of "it's pay to win"!.

However bonds have already been sold in a package on another server buy 7 days premium account, get 50 bonds with it, kinda deal.

You could buy 700 days prem for 5k bonds tho.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Sevatar_ #14 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Space Batman

• 41700 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 24 January 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Lets give f2p more reasons to leave the game. I'll have more time to be on reddit while waiting for a battle.

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #15 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36852 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Well bonds are given out for "free" currently to "pay to win players anyway".

Lets look at how bonds are best collected in the current game of a random battle, and discuss:

Firstly you want to play a tier 10 game, and I'm not sure on this fact, but I think your team has to win.

Secondly, if you are shooting gold ammunition, then you are more likely going to cause damage per hit to the enemy team, no?.

Thirdly, in order to be able to spam ze gold ammunition in a tier 10 battle, you might want to have a premium account active, no?.

Fourth(ly), if you mount extra large med kits, repair, and maybe take coffee or chocolate etc, and have 1-3 improved equipments like the CC you tube "reviewers" do, then you are even more likely to increase your teams chance to win, no?.

Fifth(ly), TIME. In a win a player might get 6-10 bonds or so, therefore to accrue a healthy bank account of bonds, any player is going to have to spend a lot of TIME in tier 10, spamming ze gold and covering all points 1-5.

Literally EVERYTHING mentioned above is "pay to win".

Conclusion: bonds and currencies in game are all "pay to win" anyway.

Result: seeing that those who "pay to win" are the people who actually PAY for the game to exist, and these players usually work J-O-B-S, perhaps these players SHOULD be able to purchase any items in the game with real money.

Ezz #16 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Indirect p2w is far far more palatable than some of the direct stuff like the broken prems they've thrown at us - primarily as it doesn't exclude anyone from the ability to compete. But knowing wg there's almost certainly a pay for bonds business case bubbling away somewhere just as I'm sure things like the is3a loot boxing were. 

Edited by Ezz, 24 January 2019 - 03:10 PM.

Otakubouzu #17 Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major

• 17246 battles

You can also collects some bond in lower tier -if- you got epic medals I think.

I remember getting around 1-2 amount of bonds in tier 8 or 6 after getting some fancy medals. 

Back to World of Tanks for now.

FramFramson #18 Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Major

• 49375 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostOtakubouzu, on 24 January 2019 - 02:05 AM, said:

You can also collects some bond in lower tier -if- you got epic medals I think.

I remember getting around 1-2 amount of bonds in tier 8 or 6 after getting some fancy medals. 

Yep.

But farming TX is still the most reliable way in pubbie games.

That said, the rewards are pretty pitiful even if you're farming hard. 5-15 bonds per match if you win doesn't mean much if everything meaningful you can buy is in the mid four-digits.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Holeinthehead #19 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58673 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNapalmer, on 23 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

WG had said they would never sell the mutant ... oh wait they did .

WG said there would never be a Aus based server ... oh wait

And the list goes on . WG say they wont do ... then do it . If it involves a buck . You can bet your backside they will do it .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Puggsley #20 Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 24 January 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

To be honest the type of player who seriously considers buying a TX tank with bonds as the way forward is hardly going to win with it.

Sounds like "PaTL TYAD" (Pay To Lose More Than You Already Do) and cop a lot of abuse from players unlucky enough to be on their side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users