WG preparing to sell T10 games for RL money via bonds?

bonds more sources of bonds

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Napalmer #41 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51495 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostHoleinthehead, on 16 February 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

[Content removed]

Well, I don't see them doing what the Chinese Server has done and sold tier 10s in the gift shop.

And they're certainly more credible than many other publishers...

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

CardinalMite #42 Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

Captain

• 31721 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHoleinthehead, on 16 February 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

[Content removed]

More like WG may be truthful where it suits them financially.

People make the mistake of assuming general stupidity by WG when it comes to monetisation, however actually on the whole they are very smart about it. Problem is, smart does not necessarily = in the best interests of the player.

I believe they are truthful about not directly selling bonds, because having their rarity confirmed means they make more money in the long term through selling fotm premium tanks that are perceived to increase the chances of earning bonds in competitive play and events...

Notice you can't buy the Progetto 46 and the tier 8 wheeled premium right now. But with all the hype over wheeled tanks in general and the Italian tier 8 in Frontline, expect sales of both (and/or a marathon) by episode 2 or 3 of Frontline.

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

CardinalMite #43 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:54 AM

Captain

• 31721 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 17 February 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

More like WG may be truthful where it suits them financially.

People make the mistake of assuming general stupidity by WG when it comes to monetisation, however actually on the whole they are very smart about it. Problem is, smart does not necessarily = in the best interests of the player.

I believe they are truthful about not directly selling bonds, because having their rarity confirmed means they make more money in the long term through selling fotm premium tanks that are perceived to increase the chances of earning bonds in competitive play and events...

Notice you can't buy the Progetto 46 and the tier 8 wheeled premium right now. But with all the hype over wheeled tanks in general and the Italian tier 8 in Frontline, expect sales of both (and/or a marathon) by episode 2 or 3 of Frontline.

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

Oh look sale and marathon of the tier 8 wheelie.... what a shocker...

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/challenge-wheeled-vehicles-announcement/

Therefore I expect Progetto on sale after episode 2. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Holeinthehead #44 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58673 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

There are challenges and there are full on grind feasts .

Both the Wheels event and FL are just brain numbing grind feasts . Burn out is real and WG have swung so far as to deliberately create burn out in it's player base . I wonder how many folk will have time to do Clan Wars and or any other content WG  think will be fun .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

imma_rage_quit #45 Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

First lieutenant

• 29497 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 23 January 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

WG has said on multiple occasions that you won't be able to buy bonds from the premium shop.

4th biggest lie ever ! next too "yes i'll call you in the morning", "no i will not .... in your mouth" and "the cheque is in the post"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users