WG preparing to sell T10 games for RL money via bonds?

bonds more sources of bonds

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Quasinerdo #21 Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 25 January 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

To be honest the type of player who seriously considers buying a TX tank with bonds as the way forward is hardly going to win with it.

Sounds like "PaTL TYAD" (Pay To Lose More Than You Already Do) and cop a lot of abuse from players unlucky enough to be on their side.

That should not be a mitigating point as it only reinforces how the game at top tiers will further be eroded with regard to consistency and quality. Post Christmas I'm seeing a number of accounts that seem to be derived from the loot boxes. New players entering at tier 8. Is that what the game needs? If the next argument is that they then underperform in relatively OP vehicles then I'd consider that a poor argument too as I'm also routinely seeing top damage by players with very poor global stats in certain Tier 8 premiums - so not always a factor of win/lose. 

A fact of the game that appealed early on was the growth progression that existed and the knowledge of gameplay that would be reasonably inherent in anyone getting to tiers 8-10. That no longer exists. Players are pushed up the chain incredibly fast. I don't know why as from about tier 6 or 7 the game offers the same metrics of play. A tier 7 game can be as dynamic and exciting as tier 10. It only lacks the ridiculous power creep and *should* have lower average expertise c.f tier 10.

I would be delighted if WG did what some games I have played have done.... limit the concessions that accelerate leveling or buy in at mid levels to those who have already achieved top level in at least one line (class in the case of these games).

I suspect certain groups being marketed too only see the top level and min-maxing approach that other games have conditioned them to push for in the shortest time to access "end game" content. The road there is not cherished or seen as enjoyable.... just something to be bypassed. It's one reason why I do not trust WG to NOT sell bonds and open the door to Tier 10.

Edited by Quasinerdo, 25 January 2019 - 11:44 AM.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

FramFramson #22 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Major

• 49375 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Heh. Reminds me that I've been referring to idiots who have no idea how to drive their Defender/IS3A's as "Lootbox [edited]".

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #23 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostQuasinerdo, on 25 January 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

That should not be a mitigating point as it only reinforces how the game at top tiers will further be eroded with regard to consistency and quality. Post Christmas I'm seeing a number of accounts that seem to be derived from the loot boxes. New players entering at tier 8. Is that what the game needs? If the next argument is that they then underperform in relatively OP vehicles then I'd consider that a poor argument too as I'm also routinely seeing top damage by players with very poor global stats in certain Tier 8 premiums - so not always a factor of win/lose. 

A fact of the game that appealed early on was the growth progression that existed and the knowledge of gameplay that would be reasonably inherent in anyone getting to tiers 8-10. That no longer exists. Players are pushed up the chain incredibly fast. I don't know why as from about tier 6 or 7 the game offers the same metrics of play. A tier 7 game can be as dynamic and exciting as tier 10. It only lacks the ridiculous power creep and *should* have lower average expertise c.f tier 10.

I would be delighted if WG did what some games I have played have done.... limit the concessions that accelerate leveling or buy in at mid levels to those who have already achieved top level in at least one line (class in the case of these games).

I suspect certain groups being marketed too only see the top level and min-maxing approach that other games have conditioned them to push for in the shortest time to access "end game" content. The road there is not cherished or seen as enjoyable.... just something to be bypassed. It's one reason why I do not trust WG to NOT sell bonds and open the door to Tier 10.

Exactly.

Which is why its not Pay to Win.

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #24 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36852 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

To be fair to WG, the top tier battles can't erode any further.

The server merges where players came to our region with every imaginable tank in the game open for sale to them, and the great CW, campaigns, events, and missions "manipulation" of rules by clans, kinda set us back to the dark ages.

They came, they instantly dominated, they instantly took all the gold, they instantly got to be the best, with the best tanks.

And we never recovered.

Quasinerdo #25 Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 25 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Exactly.

Which is why its not Pay to Win.

If purchasing an item yields a disproportionate representation of a player in comparison with their low skill that is absolutely pay to win.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

ibianconeri #26 Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 30061 battles
  • [KATLA] KATLA
I've been taking some hiatus in this pitifull game for a year and I've to admit if bonds could be purchase with real currency, they should fix the economy to getting bond first, not just allowing deep pocket dude to throw money to the game and get end-user content. What's the point of years of grinding Tier X tanks then if this kind of thing implemented. I guest they should give some requirement before players could be allowed to purchase tier X tank with bond like, they have to get a certain tier before they could be able to do so. 

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

Puggsley #27 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:06 AM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostQuasinerdo, on 28 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

If purchasing an item yields a disproportionate representation of a player in comparison with their low skill that is absolutely pay to win.

No, I disagree. At TX you are playing against a lot of players who have 4/5 skill crews, know the game inside out, and are usually playing their favourite tank, which is tricked out.

They are talking about the special tanks. These are hardly another Bobject.

I'd suggest that buying a tank which places you in this sort of environment is not going to get you any extra wins. The drop off in WR as you go up in tiers is a pretty clear phenomenon, even for players who have worked their way up, learning as they go. It will especially be the case of players who think that getting tank "Y" will give them extra wins at tier X. 

CETC14_SnappingTurtle #28 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Corporal

• 22808 battles
  • [TP-EA] TP-EA
Foch 155, FV215B, Fv215b 183. No Idea what others could be and the pricing if they want people to actually try to get them would be around the 4000 to 5000 bond mark.

Holeinthehead #29 Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58673 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostPuggsley, on 28 January 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

No, I disagree. At TX you are playing against a lot of players who have 4/5 skill crews, know the game inside out, and are usually playing their favourite tank, which is tricked out.

Really ?  I'd suggest the majority of current T 10 players now would be lucky to have one set of crew skills , have no idea how to play  ( nor do they care to learn ) and are usually just spamming gold .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

neokai #30 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostHoleinthehead, on 30 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Really ?  I'd suggest the majority of current T 10 players now would be lucky to have one set of crew skills , have no idea how to play  ( nor do they care to learn ) and are usually just spamming gold .

I normally hit at least 2 perks by tier 9, but then again I tend to be a slow grinder...
Spoiler

Holeinthehead #31 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58673 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postneokai, on 30 January 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

I normally hit at least 2 perks by tier 9, but then again I tend to be a slow grinder...

You may but the majority don't . Most rush tech lines taking no time to develop crew skills . Hell you could drive yourself crazy trying to explain to them why to develop crew skills . They just don't care .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

TheBudgiesmuggler #32 Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33745 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAKASHA178, on 24 January 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

dont be so happy those tanks will cost 30000 bonds each 

I think you missed atleast 1 more 0

Quasinerdo #33 Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 29 January 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

They are talking about the special tanks. These are hardly another Bobject.

I'd suggest that buying a tank which places you in this sort of environment is not going to get you any extra wins. The drop off in WR as you go up in tiers is a pretty clear phenomenon, even for players who have worked their way up, learning as they go. It will especially be the case of players who think that getting tank "Y" will give them extra wins at tier X. 

Disagree all you like, the facts speak for themselves. Pay to win is pay to win. A failure to capitalise on the opportunity by a paying player does not change that. 

Puggsley #34 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostQuasinerdo, on 01 February 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

Disagree all you like, the facts speak for themselves. Pay to win is pay to win. A failure to capitalise on the opportunity by a paying player does not change that. 

Player cannot capitalise on opportunity to win in a bought tank. 

Equals Pay to Win.

Man let me know what you are on, it sounds awesome!

Twit_ #35 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

69 Recognized

• 19668 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostPuggsley, on 03 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Man let me know what you are on, it sounds awesome!

the secret sauce to PBKAC?

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

Puggsley #36 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Major

• 75537 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostTwit_, on 03 February 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

the secret sauce to PBKAC?

I mean I understand people doing better in OP tanks, but TX is pretty tough to begin with, and the tanks they are selling are hardly OP...

Iamstr0ng #37 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

Private

• 14603 battles
  • [PEKOK] PEKOK

they do planning to bring back ``removed teck tree tanks`` by purchase it via bonds, but dunno when. 

selling bonds with real money? :coin::coin::coin:

WG are not going to do that, but if they really going to do it anyway, there gonna be more player leaving the game. :facepalm:

``Tak Peduli Seberapa Hebatnya Dirimu, Pasti Ada Orang Yang Mampu Untuk Menggantikanmu``

:hiding: Yang Dikira Bapak-Bapak

Spoiler

MrSnuffleupagus #38 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

Private

• 386 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 23 January 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

I have no idea where you get your information from.

WG has said on multiple occasions that you won't be able to buy bonds from the premium shop.

WG also said that they'd never sell the M6A2E1 Mutant again.....

Napalmer #39 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51495 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostMrSnuffleupagus, on 16 February 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

WG also said that they'd never sell the M6A2E1 Mutant again.....

And so you immediately discredit everything WG says?

Look, Bonds are only rare because you can't buy them. If you could buy them, the whole point of them wouldn't work.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Holeinthehead #40 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58673 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNapalmer, on 16 February 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

And so you immediately discredit everything WG says?

[Content removed]

insults to WG. Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users