• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Holeinthehead #101 Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 15 March 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

I'm a bit curious as to what the balance and meta would be like if you could retake a cap as a defender, especially if they made objectives only available if you have the lead in sector. Ie Obj 1 and 2 open if you get first sector, 2,3,4 if you have the middle, and 4 and 5 if you have the final. Might discourage some of the flooding by attackers and give some sort of option for defenders late game.

The demo had 3 types of tanks . Light , med , and Hvy . There were multiple cap points that could be retaken . Light tanks also had the ability to call in air strikes . The resemblance between FL and the original demo is uncanny .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Ezz #102 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:48 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 15 March 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Plus if my 432 ever gets to the next skill so i can train controlled impact

Have started training CI... think it may stand for Controlled Intercourse...

Side note, but not only do wheelies get their wheel shields, but they appear to get some sort of transportation device.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

13bladez #103 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• 30324 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE

The big issue i'm having with the entire game made atm is surely there should be some small advantage to actually winning games. When ranking is the only thing that matters it changes game styles accordingly. I certainly understand that defending is significantly harder then attacking to achieve victory, but entire map balancing issues aside, defending is possible if there is a concerted effort to do so, but since its only a case of ranking for importance why even bother, if winning had an advantage it might lead to a concerted effort to win. A simple 500 frontline exp for winning teams players would be a fine perk for achieving victory. 

Just a thought

CardinalMite #104 Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostEzz, on 16 March 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

Side note, but not only do wheelies get their wheel shields, but they appear to get some sort of transportation device.

Lol that is comedy gold, I thought the fire was a nice touch..

The 432 is an amazing rammer... I have found that brawling with Progettos you can ram them in the side and really ruin their day in FL.

Edited by CardinalMite, 17 March 2019 - 11:30 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

LoadLock #105 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• 20159 battles

View Post13bladez, on 17 March 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

The big issue i'm having with the entire game made atm is surely there should be some small advantage to actually winning games. When ranking is the only thing that matters it changes game styles accordingly. I certainly understand that defending is significantly harder then attacking to achieve victory, but entire map balancing issues aside, defending is possible if there is a concerted effort to do so, but since its only a case of ranking for importance why even bother, if winning had an advantage it might lead to a concerted effort to win. A simple 500 frontline exp for winning teams players would be a fine perk for achieving victory. 

Just a thought

yes I agree with you. way too many campers who snipe their way through the ranks

FramFramson #106 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostEzz, on 16 March 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

PMSL here Ezz... too perfect.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

BadTeddy #107 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• 40376 battles
  • [SNAFU] SNAFU
I was planning to grind through to level 30 again yesterday, but gave up - being swarmed by a horde of those wheeled vehicles as a defender is not much fun, and I feel that these new tanks strongly favour the defending side. Also those bloody wheeled tanks seems to take no damage from a number of hits, or take crits and just keep moving regardless.  So, GGWP WG, you've managed to make Frontlines 'Not Fun', which IMO was pretty damn good previously. Is my brother said when we were playing "Games are supposed to be fun - and this is NOT", before switched back to a couple of random battles and then quit out of disinterest.

Yes, yes, I know - complaints about this are a dime a dozen and I know damn well WG don't care. Still, I haven't spent anything on this game for a while now, and neither have a bunch of people I plat with. It makes more financial sense to buy an entirely new and different game than to purchase another pixel tank. There is no pressing reason I can see to spend any money on this game any more. The 'Fun' is gone...

Puggsley #108 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Nuff said......

STEALTHandGUILE #109 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

Sergeant

• 85679 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostBadTeddy, on 14 March 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

This doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't matter if there are 3 or 300 SPG in the wait queue, there is max one per zone per team anyway, right? There should be the same limit on wheeled vehicles for similar reasons; otherwise the balance of the game is messed up. These wheeled vehicles completely unbalance WOT in general, and FL in particular. Even idiots in a wheeled tank can travel in a moment to the turrets and shoot them up without much or any possible chance of intervention. Makes it a joke with clouds of these little things zipping insanely all over the place. Once again I have to wonder - what the hell is WG thinking?

Totally agree, presently the fun of playing other than wheeled tanks gone down tremendously. True for both random battles as well as FL.

STEALTHandGUILE #110 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:40 PM

Sergeant

• 85679 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostBadTeddy, on 18 March 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

I was planning to grind through to level 30 again yesterday, but gave up - being swarmed by a horde of those wheeled vehicles as a defender is not much fun, and I feel that these new tanks strongly favour the defending side. Also those bloody wheeled tanks seems to take no damage from a number of hits, or take crits and just keep moving regardless.  So, GGWP WG, you've managed to make Frontlines 'Not Fun', which IMO was pretty damn good previously. Is my brother said when we were playing "Games are supposed to be fun - and this is NOT", before switched back to a couple of random battles and then quit out of disinterest.

Yes, yes, I know - complaints about this are a dime a dozen and I know damn well WG don't care. Still, I haven't spent anything on this game for a while now, and neither have a bunch of people I plat with. It makes more financial sense to buy an entirely new and different game than to purchase another pixel tank. There is no pressing reason I can see to spend any money on this game any more. The 'Fun' is gone...

Same feelings and views here.The FL grind was bearable so along as you got some decent games in between, but this iteration of the game with wheeled vehicles has spoiled the "FUN " factor and made it unendurable .please take prompt and decisive action to limit the number of wheeled vehicles to one per zone. This is a point for random battles also, one per platoon and three max in a side.

STEALTHandGUILE #111 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:51 PM

Sergeant

• 85679 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 15 March 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

And theres another joke, what so you lose while getting 8k dam and get a whoopee do 1800xp and 46k silver 

he is talking of making the ranks which is the most important thing, what is the fun of finishing the game in 10 min with most of us as sergants?

TheBudgiesmuggler #112 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27910 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Okay on the first FL in Feb I got thru the 1st Prestige and half way into the 2nd so roughly 45 levels in a week got to the rank of general and quite a few majors and captains, then the March FL started really good at first like Feb but it played differently gaining rank was slower the teams failed faster namely defenders saw quite a few games where I was lucky to make Lieutenant, got to major twice and a few captains and that was regardless of what tank I used..... I spoke to quite a few players who were as perplexed as I was, it seems Wargaming tweaked FL without telling us? Even with the intro of the FL10 I think wargaming thought it make FL a more fluid game ( lol) but what really ruined it for me was the one-sided gameplay it was so obvious when defending teams were so easily over-run I got royally pissed off on many occasions with what seemed lack lustre game play but it was really the game mechanics. And then there was the players cry babies got on Forum to whinge about "SPG having to much power on FL", well what about the marauding groups of FL10's, the amount of back peddling I'd do while defending was hilarious to the point where I decided to give up playing FL when it took 4 days to move thru 8 levels as opposed to 45 the previous month... .

Jezzalenko1978 #113 Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• 37987 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 19 March 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

And then there was the players cry babies got on Forum to whinge about "SPG having to much power on FL", well what about the marauding groups of FL10's, the amount of back peddling I'd do while defending was hilarious to the point where I decided to give up playing FL when it took 4 days to move thru 8 levels as opposed to 45 the previous month... .

Just took a snippet of your full quote Budge,

I feel the difference is the wheelies(?)  The SPG's (as far as I know) had the 3 perks in the first month; and for me FL was still entertaining enough..... This time around after reading through this thread, plus chatting away half-pissed with clannies, I feel it's the wheelies that have made it a boring [edited] grind, just by sheer numbers, as I've said - I don't notice them in pubbies really at all..... Hey I got a wheelie, not at all in any way damning those that play them, but the multitudes of the damn things made it a farce - and I feel perhaps amplified the less creds, lower XP etc. etc. because the horridly boring battles just made me want to disconnect half way through, win - or - loss.

Angus775n #114 Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

Sergeant

• 58920 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

Prefer this version

Cesare777 #115 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Corporal

• 41380 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR

Any Front Lines news or updates,  as to whether or not an exclusive time slot for ANZ server ( eg: 5 - 11pm each night )

is being considered for this months FL's or any upcoming month  ???

February, there were FL's on the ANZ server all week, then almost none on the weekend ( the last 2 nights)

March, there were almost no FL's, all week on ANZ.

It seems that desperation moves us all onto the HK server, with it's associated 200+ ping.

Could we not Share the ping pain, and have a few hours each night for ANZ server ??

stewiejp #116 Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:47 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43819 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Any Front Lines news or updates,  as to whether or not an exclusive time slot for ANZ server ( eg: 5 - 11pm each night )

is being considered for this months FL's or any upcoming month  ??? ​Doubtful - inconveniencing the majority (10k online nightly) to satisfy the minority (1k) may not be ideal.

February, there were FL's on the ANZ server all week, then almost none on the weekend ( the last 2 nights)

March, there were almost no FL's, all week on ANZ. Correct - I tried to rally the troops during the week, as well as weekend to count in on the ANZ server for the second week of Frontlines - but unfortunately the amount in queue was generally under 10, and occasionally hit 15. The majority of Aussie / NZ players I spoke with stated they would rather put up with the poorer HK connection rather than wait for a battle. Guessing during the first week the hype was still there and players were excited - second episode (March) the reality of how grindy the missions are set in, as well as the realization that waiting around whilst popping boosters was also not the most efficient way to spend them. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Vindictus_Maximus #117 Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:49 PM

Corporal

• 4710 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 03 April 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

​Doubtful - inconveniencing the majority (10k online nightly) to satisfy the minority (1k) may not be ideal.

It has nothing to do with inconvenience,  all the more to do with common sense. Like they did when they first brought out Frontlines.

<a href='http://oi66.tinypic.com/2igdf0y.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi66.tinypic.com/2igdf0y.jpg</a>

The  re-introduction of staggered start times has already been suggested in this forum, because it worked so well last time, and it is common sense to stick with something that works. Not everyone has good ping to the HK server.  A couple hours of ceasefire for the HK server (they still have the option of logging into the AU server) will hardly hurt the asia based players.

A lot of ANZ players are not happy about not being able to get a game on the ANZ server, but no-one logs in here to say anything because Admin never answers and is seemingly pointless.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 03 April 2019 - 08:52 PM.

stewiejp #118 Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43819 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Hard to stagger the times when the mode is switched on 20 or 21 hours per day. The suggestion to switch HK off for 6 of those hours (inconveniencing the 10,000 players) to potentially satisfy 1,000 ANZ players is simply a bad idea overall (HK players would say unfair - especially the players who can only play during those few hours).

** If the timings were the same as last year I would agree with you, but they are not. If the grind for the missions was not so hard to get I would suggest a shorter "day" with staggered start times as you mention above with ANZ starting/ending our "FL Day" 2 hours earlier.

A lot of ANZ players are not happy about not being able to get a game on the ANZ server  - not unhappy enough to log onto the ANZ though it seems... unless "a lot" = 10 players.

I want to play on the ANZ as much as anyone but clearly players were not willing to "queue up" as I rarely saw more than ten in queue.

"We don't want to wait so we don't queue up on the ANZ" was the most common answer I got when asking players why - nobody wanted to be the ones to jump in even knowing that if enough people jumped in there would be better wait times. The best answer I got from players who may be willing to play on ANZ was "Let me know when there's closer to 50 in queue and I'll switch servers."

TL;DR - I agree staggering the start times was a good idea the first time we did FL, but turning off the main server for 6 hours to try and satisfy the smaller server  (as mentioned by the person I was replying to) I read as a recipe to heavily upset a big part of the playerbase. 

Maybe staggering the ceasefire could be a good start... 

Edited by stewiejp, 04 April 2019 - 05:48 AM.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Vindictus_Maximus #119 Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• 4710 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 04 April 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

Hard to stagger the times when the mode is switched on 20 or 21 hours per day. The suggestion to switch HK off for 6 of those hours (inconveniencing the 10,000 players) to potentially satisfy 1,000 ANZ players is simply a bad idea overall

So what you are saying here is basically, you would rather the entire ANZ player base be inconvenienced with bad ping, for every FL game, for the rest of the year, so as not to inconvenience the Asian players with bad ping for a couple of hours in their afternoons (timezone difference)

Well I am sure the Asian players would all applaud you for you standing up for them on the ANZ forum. The problem is that you are an ANZ community contributor, they dont know you from a bar of soap, will never watch your streams, and will  never #getonboard.

You only need 300 ANZ players to get 5 concurrent  FL games going on the ANZ server, the staggered start times worked perfectly last time, and will work just as well again, The easy solution is there. Are you an advocate for ANZ player base or not? 

Remember - not all of us are based in Sydney or Melbourne with NBN. Some of us like me have to deal with 180-220 ping filled with flashing red ping spikes, the HK is horrible for a lot of us.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 04 April 2019 - 09:36 AM.

Puggsley #120 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 04 April 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

So what you are saying here is basically, you would rather the entire ANZ player base be inconvenienced with bad ping, for every FL game, for the rest of the year, so as not to inconvenience the Asian players with bad ping for a couple of hours in their afternoons (timezone difference)

Well I am sure the Asian players would all applaud you for you standing up for them on the ANZ forum. The problem is that you are an ANZ community contributor, they dont know you from a bar of soap, will never watch your streams, and will  never #getonboard.

You only need 300 ANZ players to get 5 concurrent  FL games going on the ANZ server, the staggered start times worked perfectly last time, and will work just as well again, The easy solution is there. Are you an advocate for ANZ player base or not? 

Remember - not all of us are based in Sydney or Melbourne with NBN. Some of us like me have to deal with 180-220 ping filled with flashing red ping spikes, the HK is horrible for a lot of us.

But not all ANZ players get bad ping. I get 20 to the ANZ server and 130 to HK, and that is fine to play on. The entire ANZ server base will not be inconvenienced. A fair chunk will see slightly worse ping but a much better queue time. some will be happy with that, some won't. Would I prefer to have good queue and best ping? Of course, but I'll take moderate ping and short queue every time as my fallback position.

And unfortunately Stewie is right, from a business perspective it makes no sense to upset 10k people to help less than 1k.

And if there is a long time available to HK server players to play FL, how would shutting FL on the HK server for a few hours make it attractive to go the the ANZ server. You yourself just don't play FL on the HK server, why do you expect people to put up with something which you won't? Upsetting the HK server may not even make much difference to the ANZ server numbers for FL. The people who you would most likely be getting would be the people otherwise playing on HK but with higher ping.  

300 people from about 1k is a big percentage of the total ANZ players. FL is just not that attractive for a lot of people. I find it very boring after a few games now, the first week was OK but that one map gets old really quickly.

His not agreeing with your view does not make him not an advocate for ANZ server. His points are valid. If I see 10 people in queue then I will put up with the slightly higher ping to get a game rather than sit around for ages and then most likely not get a game.

And living in a regional city where NBN has been a thing for a couple of years, it was funny to be in Sydney recently and seeing the "NBN is coming!" advertising.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users