• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10221 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello Commanders,

Please know that we are aware of the log in issues that the game is experiencing at the moment. We are working as fast as we can to resolve this issue. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~Conan

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Wonder which country the DDoS is from... hmm I wonder

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

AussieDropBear #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Private

• 8840 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A
Is this "Classic" thing just a April fools joke?

Major_TBag #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

Corporal

• 21429 battles
  • [-VON-] -VON-

View PostAussieDropBear, on 29 March 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Is this "Classic" thing just a April fools joke?

Had one of our clan members actually get into the "Classic" server for a while, and it isn't an April Fools joke as there was three tanks in garage, an old style Tech Tree showing tanks he had when he first started playing.

BUT, there were players chatting in Genchat in russian, and he said ping in battles was terrible.
I bet there is only one server, and it is in russia where the bulk of the players are. Going to be useless for anyone outside of europe to even try to play this "Classic" version, bad enough when playing on HK servers.

But all things considered, you might as well be right DropBear since it will be as bad as an April Fools joke to even try this out.

PS: Just managed to get onto the Classic server and played two battles. That's all I will be playing too, with bloody 420ms ping to a EUROPEAN based server it is a total joke for anyone outside of Europe to try and enjoy it. Loved the old style, but not worth the time and effort to be able to enjoy it.

Edited by Major_TBag, 30 March 2019 - 07:12 AM.

Rerehou #5 Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

Private

• 34606 battles
  • [12792] 12792
Yes , had a play with Classic WOT, its quite good. The ping is horrific +350 and you have all these RU server people on, with about 40k players. I like it. The graphics is bad and I was playing with the resolution to get the best settings. I found it hard to actually hit anything. TIP 1. First look in your barracks as you have 3 skill crews. 2. Use the resources to advance quickly to a higher tier. 3. Research - USSR - KV1S, T50-2, USA - Hellcat

mttspiii #6 Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostRerehou, on 30 March 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Yes , had a play with Classic WOT, its quite good. The ping is horrific +350 and you have all these RU server people on, with about 40k players. I like it. The graphics is bad and I was playing with the resolution to get the best settings. I found it hard to actually hit anything. TIP 1. First look in your barracks as you have 3 skill crews. 2. Use the resources to advance quickly to a higher tier. 3. Research - USSR - KV1S, T50-2, USA - Hellcat

It's 7.0, not 8.0. The patch where the T-34-85 had a 100mm gun, the SU-85 had a 107mm gun, the KV is today's KV-2 a tier down, and KV-3 is the king of tier 6 (KV-1S was its unnoticed weaker sibling).

Also of note is SU-26 with 122mm gun, SU-85b with 400+ view range, T34 at tier 9 with way-better gun handling, IS-4 mulching down everything below its tier, IS and Tiger II having usable front armor, and T30 tier X HT.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users