Auto Log-in ISSUES and missing GOLD

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

_VoltagGatlov_ #1 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Private

• 18466 battles

I have WOT loaded on 2 computers and 1 laptop.   When I reloaded the laptop and the computer recently I was allowed to auto log in.

My other computer which is at a different location cannot log in auto.   Have to type in  name and password.

I recently saw a post which stated that this opens me up to hacking?   Would this allow someone on server to access my account

and steal my GOLD which has happened recently.   Missing at least 50,000 Gold from my account.

Ezz #2 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Are you sure you are on the correct account? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Thingol #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 29 January 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

Are you sure you are on they correct account? 

Or server?

I thought auto-login was only available as a mod for WoT (which means your login could be obtained by the Modder) except on the test server.

Can't think of anyway to steal gold (other than clan bank gold) but they could spend it for you.

You actually bought 50,000 gold????

Maybe post screenshots of your garage from the different computers.

stewiejp #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42539 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Auto log in is available via the WarGaming Game Centre as well as several modifications which allow / help it to happen. Without the WGC (ie - just the stand alone WoT client) or mods then yes, you will have to type in your email address and password.

It is only an issue (having auto log in) if other people have access to that PC/laptop and can access your account.

Regarding the 50,000 gold - even with your login details/auto login - other players cannot steal that gold. They can, however spend it on your account.

Question for you: Have you recently visited any websites which offer discounted gold packages? Not the WoT Premium Shop - other websites offering ridiculously cheap gold packages? If so - I think your problem may lie there.

Best of luck.

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

_VoltagGatlov_ #5 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Private

• 18466 battles

The Gold was accumulated from buying 3 Xmas loot boxes (75 each).   What the hell it was my Xmas pressent

to myself.   Had 127,000 gold and bought some tanks and retrained some crewmembers at half price but

had at least 50K odd Gold and yesterday I logged in and only had 5K odd in my account.   Been playing since

BETA so not a noob when it comes to what I'm purchasing or how much I spent etc...

YaTo_Squirrel #6 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Corporal

• 13803 battles
  • [ANIML] ANIML
Seems odd to have gold go missing, perhaps you might've gotten the gold/boxes on another account logged into wot asia

stewiejp #7 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42539 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I would raise a ticket to customer support asking for a list of gold in/out of your account from whenever you purchased the Christmas Boxes if you are sure the stuff was stolen. Bear in mind if someone has logged in using your correct login details it may be a case of "bad luck". This is exactly the reason WG recommend not sharing accounts or letting others know your login details - be it through auto login mods on shared computers or otherwise.

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

FramFramson #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Major

• 42182 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostThingol, on 29 January 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Or server?

I thought auto-login was only available as a mod for WoT (which means your login could be obtained by the Modder) except on the test server.

Can't think of anyway to steal gold (other than clan bank gold) but they could spend it for you.

You actually bought 50,000 gold????

Maybe post screenshots of your garage from the different computers.

I bought 100 crates, which netted me that much. It's not as crazy as it seems, after the Christmas sale.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

camdy #9 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25402 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY

there could be an issue with the mods you are using that would be my first thought, i would try updating the mods first and if it is still happening running the client without any mods. if it is still happening after that i'd put in a ticket and change the password

_VoltagGatlov_ #10 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Private

• 18466 battles

Ok Tankers I found my problem.   Me.   I earlier transferred 10,000 Gold for Silver.   Next time I was not paying attention and inadvertently

placed another 0 in there so I converted 100,000 gold.   Wargaming found this error and was kind enough to reply show me my errors.

Sorry for all the drama.

Ezz #11 Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Side note, but using gold to convert into credits is arguably the worst way to spend it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

Major

• 42182 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostEzz, on 03 February 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

Side note, but using gold to convert into credits is arguably the worst way to spend it.

+1

_VoltagGatlov_ #13 Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

Private

• 18466 battles

OK Other than buy Tanks what else would I use it for ?   Wanted the IS3A but got the Defender :)  There is a special on conversion if that

changes the issue ?

Ezz #14 Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_VoltagGatlov_, on 05 February 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

OK Other than buy Tanks what else would I use it for ?   Wanted the IS3A but got the Defender  There is a special on conversion if that

changes the issue ?

Having been a few years out of CW I am not a big gold spender but imo the rough order of how critical...

Crew re skills (eg when you drop your 3rd skill and reskill to have BiA)

Crew re trains (tho using credits is viable as you only lose the 10% on your primary)

Demounting equipment

Premium tanks

Premium time

Converting saved XP into free XP (ie after you have elited a tank and don't tick accelerated crew training)

Crew profession changes (eg radioman to loader)

Garage slots (altho these days they are pretty easy to come by)

Barracks spots

Crew doco changes (i presume some people actually do this...)

Credits

Basically if you have prem anything then just playing will get you heaps of credits. Personally i'd say the top 6 i listed are all pretty viable uses. The rest... yeah nah.

Oh and you can probably buy boosters and stuff but WG seem to give those out pretty regularly too.

Edited by Ezz, 05 February 2019 - 08:49 AM.

Puggsley #15 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• 64615 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Agree ezz, big ones in general are

• moving crews into new tanks in the line, saves a huge amount of crew XP with more skilled crews
  • demounting equipment

FramFramson #16 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Major

• 42182 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Crew profession changes are pretty huge IMO. A lot of orphan crew end up with enough XP on them to support a new crew. Turning those surplus 3-skill Loaders & Radiomen into Commanders & Drivers saves a massive amount of heartache.

FramFramson #17 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Major

• 42182 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Also, one thing I think people don't realize is that the 500 gold is a better deal than it looks like, because it's actually paying for three transactions rather than one. When you change profession you get:

1) Crew profession change

2) Retrain for a new vehicle

3) Skill reset

Profanisaurus #18 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
They put it on sale last month. Caught up on all the remaining ones I need I believe.

Ezz #19 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
To be honest i reached crew saturation a few years ago when you couldn't even do it, so stuff like profession changes probably would be more viable for those newer in the game. And for those with a significantly greater gold income....

Edited by Ezz, 05 February 2019 - 01:30 PM.

johnmick #20 Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Corporal

• 40871 battles

View PostEzz, on 03 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

The   main fun   that he   get   from here   is   buying gold and spent it, not playing tanks in the game  .. . got it  ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users