I need MANY Tips

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

asedneil2005 #1 Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

Private

• 7355 battles

I am currently grinding the Obj. 430U Line and I need some tips (not just from the line but in the game itself);

1. what tanks do you recommend me keep ?

2. what tanks do you consider fun to play?

3. what tank lines to grind next?

4. can you give me some tips? (I am performing badly)

I thank you.

Alita_My_Angel #2 Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 11147 battles

1. Obj 430U

2. All meds in the Obj 430U line are generally quite fun to play

3. Up to you. But judging on your profile, I would say probably play more mid-tier first and try to deal more than one shot worth of damage each game before you move on to the higher tiers.

4. Watch videos or streams by content creators to learn the flow of the game, you can't play too passive or too aggro. By watching these good players (generally) play, you will more or less get when is the time to go in and when is not. Watch and learn, as simple as that, that's how I improved from being a 400 wn8 player anyway.

Hate the game, not the player

AKASHA178 #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View Postasedneil2005, on 29 January 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I am currently grinding the Obj. 430U Line and I need some tips (not just from the line but in the game itself);

I thank you.

keep tier 8 and 9 plus 10 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

wasaabi #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:51 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22308 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

Moved to the appropriate forum.

~Wasaabi

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Bert_Olio #5 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

Corporal

• 6947 battles

Looks like you keep jumping up tech trees too fast. Not sure what your crews look like but I suspect they are all low skilled. Concentrate on getting your main crews at least two or three skills (a good core skill each and Brother is Arms at the minimum). Looking at what you've unlocked I'd suggest going back to the T-34 or KV-1 and use that to train your crew up and get a better grip on game mechanics.  Watch some 4Tankersanddog on YouTube, 4Tankers especially good with their "Tanking with Science" videos and strategy guides.

Edited by Bert_Olio, 30 January 2019 - 04:44 AM.

sZniPeR #6 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 12959 battles
My tip would be, like anybody else; dont grind a line to line, I usualy focus on 2 lines, playing both back and forth.
Also its really up to you mate, what tank line you wanna focus because in the end you are the one piloting/ driving tank; and its fall on to your preferences.
 If you want to get good at the game, remember your mistakes from the previous matches, or watch streams/ videos from other players, and Im pretty there's bound to be a video about the 430U on youtube. You cant control game the game, but you can control the match when you are good enough to carry the whole team. I myself is still improving. 

GLHF <0 

TX - T57 HT, 113, WZ 111 5A, JgE100, GwE100
Im a Potato, Yes I know that. 

CardinalMite #7 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Captain

• 29011 battles

Don't worry about grinding to the top of a line, every tier up you go you are increasing your difficulty level. From the POV of liearning the game you would be better off grinding lines up to tier 6, eliting the tier 6, then start a new line.

Top first tip, learn the maps and learn where you should go at the start of a match in each tank you play (note I said each tank not each class of tank. A fast heavium locates differently based on map than a slow superheavy and plays differently to a support heavy). You may think you know the maps, you don't. Being in the right place at the right time is the key to winning battles. Watch the recommended youtubers and Twitch streamers and see where they go.

2nd learn that when you are not top tier you have to support the top tiers, that does not mean you take a kv1 and snipe from the back of the map when bottom tier. It means following along with the higher tiers, using them as meat shields while you prevent them getting flanked and poking sneaky shots into the enemy focussed on the fight with your top tiers.

Lots else to learn but these 2 are a good start.

Edited by CardinalMite, 31 January 2019 - 05:47 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

RoughRanger #8 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Corporal

• 16082 battles
Do Not go for high tiers at all until you're confident enough in tier 6-8 max, higher tiers can be frustrating for beginners and cause them to quit. This game can be annoying but it's very much rewarding those who learn from it. 

kookookichoo #9 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

the ginchiest

• 20841 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE

playing other tank types can help you get familiar with other playstyles and how to counter the other classes (ie playing spg will help to understand how to deal with them when playing heavies)

stick with russian bias and try all the classes up to tier 6 (heavy, td , light, spg) to figure out what classes u enjoy playing more and get more experience with maps, positions, roles etc. after that you should have a better feel for which ones you want to grind 

youtubers like taugrim, lemmingrush, 4tankers (and even claus kellerman, especially for the laughs) can really help to understand the game better

glhf

SlaJaZz #10 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• 10125 battles
  • [DONUT] DONUT
keep playing eventho the game is so harsh for newbie >.< still apply to myself tho.. still sucks >.< but slowly improving i guess..haha
signature.png

Bert_Olio #11 Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• 6947 battles

View Postkookookichoo, on 30 January 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

youtubers like taugrim, lemmingrush, 4tankers (and even claus kellerman, especially for the laughs) can really help to understand the game better

Claus teaches the best lessons. Especially the importance of finding the correct side of tanks to attack from and what other players think if you start pinging the map constantly.

kickim #12 Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

First lieutenant

• 51831 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

The number 1 mistake medium tanks make is to yolo rush.

Yes, you can catch and kill those noob yolo lights, but the moment you meet 2 enemy tanks or a stronger/higher tier med or a fast heavy, you are gonna die or lose most of you HP trying to escape. Chances are your allies are too slow or far behind to help.

Number 2 mistake is persisting on trading frontally with HTs.

Yes, meds should try to take and hold key positions, but need to remember that you are there to deny enemy and buy time and not to try and take on enemy HT by your lonesome. Once friendly HTs arrive, let them trade instead and support if necessary, if friendly numbers are sufficient, go flank or relocate where you can use your tank better.

best use of meds is 1) flanking and 2) wolf pack, 3) support/snipe and lastly 4) anti-scout.

Russian meds generally easy to play and have somewhat better armour and can get a few lucky bounces.

Just need to watch out for derp guns, autoloaders and ninja TDs.

Edited by kickim, 30 January 2019 - 02:59 PM.

WarMamy #13 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• 12758 battles

View Postasedneil2005, on 29 January 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I thank you.

1. T34 85 is a must have tier 6. You will slowly tend to learn how to play medium tanks by observing your team mates/enemy team in their t34 85's. This is a really good tank to learn some of the game physics, It's an all in one package at tier 6. Good gun, good penetration, mobility and can occasionally bounce some lower tier AP shells. Learn when to flank, learn to spend hit points wisely(not at the beginning of the game though). 

Join a clan, play tier 6 skirmishes. You will meet a lot of similar tanks,going together and dog fighting is fun in those games. All in all getting the tier 10 is not the goal, but to have fun.

2. T43- is not the best tier 7 tank, so meh- sell it. Its the same t34 85 with a bigger hp pool.

3. T44- , ideally one of the best tier 8 non premium medium tanks- good gun and gun handling/mobility/ reasonable armour but going up the line means getting ready to be penned anywhere and everywhere if you are not conscious enough. Because you will be facing tanks 2 tiers higher than you quite frequently. But with the current Match making tier 8 is some what less painful than it used to be.

My advice-Never sell this tank and keep its crew, because it will teach you how higher tier games are, and you will constantly keep learning to play. And this tank can make some profit if you can have a good game.

4.Object 430- Also a good tier 9 medium tank that fits the current meta. Big gun and troll armour. A much heavier t44 with a bigger gun which comes along with bad accuracy. But good thing that it is Russian to have Stalin guide its shells.

Sell or not is your wish if you enjoy it or not. Personally, I wouldn't recommend selling tanks tier 8 and above.

5. Object 430U- this tank is how the current heavy tank meta works Armour and a punchy gun. 440 alpha is highlight of this tank After its thick as heck turret armour. You can play it as a semi heavy, if you manage to get hull down you are a heavy tank if you are top tier. Although if you are in an all tier 10 game never trust your Turret/Armour (Cus you will see gold being flung at even light tanks- thats how tier 10 games are).

FUN tanks to play ?

Hands down KV2, Cus Stalin approves. All you have to do is to lead HE and click on somebody and shout RUSSIA!!! You either one shot kill some tank or remove all his HP and let him live for 10HP, cus RNG has denied you the kill. However 2 or 3 shots a game will cool you down without needing to aim. Also a good tank to make some credits, because you are shooting mostly HE and will do damage most of the time. 

New tank Lines to grind ?

Since you are already playing the 430U line I will recommend you the Centurion AX line, since it plays similar to that of the the 430U excepts for its Bigger structure and lesser armour and Good gun depression.

Also the line has tanks like the t34 85 - The cromwell and the Comet are really good tier 6 and 7 tanks with really good mobility and aggressive play style. You can switch between the t34 85 and the cromwell and have a good time. You can stick to these tanks to make some credits even.

Advice to git gud ?

Watch Quickybaby's youtube videos, Dez games (Good games and Updates from Wargaming), Lemming rush (Plays mostly mediums and heavies), Orazel puts videos of Ace tanker game plays(You can learn how to play different tanks to get an idea for type of game play on different maps), Skill4ltu is the best Wot player in the EU server (Watch his twitch stream to learn tips on playing tier 5-10, He explains certain stats of tanks when playing, he also has a youtube channel where he plays an entire tech tree and his opinion on each tank).

My tip for a beginner, Don't ever run around the map without knowing where to go. When the game begins, take 10 or 15 seconds to see when you team goes. Then slowly go behind them  and position your self where you can find shots on the enemies. Learn to double bush so that you can shoot and not get spotted.

If you get spotted, stick to the wall/rock or even pull back to a ditch/ridge and count to 10 and then relocate farther back. hide and fire. Till you can fin shot. Die and repeat till you can shoot confidently.

Quick tips

1. Make the Map larger by pressing ctrl and + and - to make it smaller. I suggest you to keep it big enough that you constantly keep looking at it.  The mini map is your best friend.

-When you see you allies die on the other flank it doesn't mean you have to go there to help the dead tanks. It means to go farther back to a position when you can either keep them spotted or fire at them without getting spotted.

2.Enable the view range circle from the settings. This shows you the range from which you can spot an enemy tank and the Maximum view range where you can shoot without getting spotted. You can find videos of the game physics on the Wargaming EU youtube channel. 

3. Remove all your premium ammo from your tanks. This enables you to pay attention to the armour model of tanks.

When you point your mouse reticle onto a tank, it shows green/orange/red. Green shows you where you can penetrate a tank with your standard ammunition and Orange shows 50/50. and Red shows you cannot Penetrate.

How ever all of these are limited. You will discover more on the forums and youtube channels.

But most of all none of it matters if you are not having fun. 

Ezz #14 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Be good to your mother. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Twit_ #15 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Sergeant

• 17665 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

View PostEzz, on 30 January 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Be good to your mother. 

how about your DADDY as well?

mrdoobie #16 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Private

• 6865 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostMerwin_Atticus, on 30 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

1. T34 85 is a must have tier 6.

That's if you haven't got the gold for the T-34-85M

WarMamy #17 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Corporal

• 12758 battles

View Postmrdoobie, on 30 January 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

That's if you haven't got the gold for the T-34-85M

Aye mate, Rich mans t34 85

FramFramson #18 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Major

• 43388 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Haven't they given them out free twice? It's the only reason I have one...

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

spacewolf #19 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72773 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
85M is nice but IMO the Rudy is better for some reason. Or at lest, I seem to do better in the Rudy than the 85Monster. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Profanisaurus #20 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Same. Wonder if it's because I run binos and nets on the Rudy rather than the more brawlie set-up on the M.
4. Why not swap the Chrysler K? We've been able to swap Skorps, 13 57s, 41 90s. I don't understand why the Chrysler is an exception. They have even been able to swap Chryslers on other servers just not on ASIA. I'm willing to spend credits/Gold to tank barbie my Chrysler if someone swaps it. It costs WG nothing but you might get some revenue out of doing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users