1.4 Update Frontline Wheeled Vehicles Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

Iamstr0ng #21 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

Private

• 13649 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

i though the update coming on friday .... :teethhappy:

by the way, client is updated and now I feel the fps increase around 20-30fps extra 

Edited by Iamstr0ng, 07 February 2019 - 03:13 PM.

``Tak Peduli Seberapa Hebatnya Dirimu, Pasti Ada Orang Yang Mampu Untuk Menggantikanmu``

:hiding: Yang Dikira Bapak-Bapak

Spoiler

JettDog_2018 #22 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

Private

• 416 battles

I have a message in the notification centre saying 'You have non-recruited crew members: 5.  They will be removed on!

Two questions:

1. On when?

2. I currently don't have any vehicles needing a crew, how can I keep them until I do?

Thank you

Napalmer #23 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47393 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Wheeled tanks are garbage.

Not enough base VR to spot. Enemy can just sit in a bush and you never spot them.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

calm_martian #24 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• 4464 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
TLDR: Wheeled vehicles are next to impossible to defeat at close quarters, especially in casemated vehicles. They ruin the game. 

BraveSirRobin_ #25 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

Now I understand

Chaffee racing years back was actually training for release1.4

Napalmer #26 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47393 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postcalm_martian, on 06 February 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

TLDR: Wheeled vehicles are next to impossible to defeat at close quarters, especially in casemated vehicles. They ruin the game. 

You're joking. Reverse or drive forward if they're circling you and they have to change course, therefore slowing down. You then lead the shot and easy kill.

Also, Ghost Town is a horrible map.

1-2 line is a camp-off.

3-4 line is no-man's land.

5-6 line is a camp-off.

7-8 line is no-man's land.

9-0 line is a camp-off.

Great job WG, you've ruined one of the best maps in the game.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

southerner #27 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

Hi Jay, I am running a multi core computer, but am having graphics issues, i am leaving multiple white squares that fade behind my vehicles, could be something up with track effects ?

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

GERONIMO #28 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

President of World of Tanks

• Beta-Tester
  • 44152 battles
  • [VIP] VIP
1. Anyone else experiencing that the emblems, inscriptions, clan emblem and MoE on your tank keep on blinking sometimes during battles after 1.4?

2. Why does the 45TP full HP is 1186 when using its stock turret?  Don't you think it is weird?

FramFramson #29 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:03 AM

Major

• 43379 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostGERONIMO, on 06 February 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

1. Anyone else experiencing that the emblems, inscriptions, clan emblem and MoE on your tank keep on blinking sometimes during battles after 1.4?

I wouldn't know because whenever I go into the customization screen I get a timeout that I can only escape from by closing the client from the outside. :sceptic:

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Bert_Olio #30 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• 6947 battles
It'd be nice if we could use our tanks' coaxial machine guns on the wheeled vehicles. Could be done with an extra ammo selection. Playing on HK with 180 lag getting a single AP shell to hit the little blighters is well nigh impossible.

RainbowAssassin #31 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:48 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 38001 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL
EBR shouldn't have an easier auto aim system. If you can't auto aim going 90km/h, then you shouldn't be playing the tank at all, try tier 1 maybe. Its a silly handicap, that also makes it awkward to disengage auto aim, as it may cling onto a different tank you weren't aiming at.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, E100

Spacecheese #32 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

Private

• 2955 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

Well it is fairly early but this is my experience so far - One of two things happen.

1 - The entire team camps - for example on Steppes 3 EBRs per side.

• First 4 mins was a huge camp off with both sides heavies and meds moving about 4 meters forward - no one was going to the cap or the water/mining side
  • The EBR's fought in the middle a little, but ultimately both sides were just perma spotted until they were dealt with due to the speed and hammered by arty
  • Both teams continued to camp up until the end despite the fact that the lights were taken out (this may change in the future when people realise/decide to read the team list/map)

2 - Massive YOLO rush depending on the team make up - Serene Coast- 3 EBR's per side, however the make up was skewed so that the meds on the enemy team were BCs and Ruskie

• Team YOLO rush one side with EBR's and meds and wipe out everything in their path
  • Heavies are caught in the open trying to get to get to their spots or they stop mid way hiding behind rocks trying to take shots
  • Game over - especially if arty is around

It probably will change in a few weeks when the new line loses its shine, but as of right now it is just leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths if the are not playing that line at all. I don't think that the view range really means much when the lights can be right up your backside within 8 seconds of the game starting, it just becomes a turkey shoot - even other LTs wont do their usual bush runs/ridge line runs. I think of it like this - you have taken Rainbow 6 Siege, for all intents and purposes a strategic game that is slower paced, then thrown in some Titanfall 2 wall running, ground sliding action which really messes up the formula - for good or for bad in the future, I don't know; but right now it is not fun unless you are one of the tanks booting it around like a teen on pingas at a Sterosonic.

I hope that makes sense..

Edited by Spacecheese, 07 February 2019 - 10:55 AM.

OB_JUAN #33 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:03 AM

Sergeant

• 39092 battles

1 EBR spotted the whole opposing team in the first 15 - 20 seconds. They lost half their team in less than 2 minutes, GAME Over. EBR was able to assist every flank and died at the very end when it rammed the last remaining ARTY. 

LOST the plot WOT!

_RuneTheNomad #34 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:20 AM

First lieutenant

• 15070 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI

EBR tanks stupid - total game killer

Shooting one 3 times and hitting its tracks nope still keeps going at 70kph seems legit.

I understand the VR is terrible but when you really can't stop it moving at all it becomes troublesome, so in order to stop an EBR spotting your team you need to have multiple people basically destroy it before it gets close as tracking it doesn't do squat which is a killer for most lights/mediums is stopping them having the ability to keep moving.

Ghost Town - Nice way to kill a great map as others have mentioned its a complete linear line you can't really push flanks as you have hills with TDs on them causing a complete stalemate.

Going through centre of town gets you killed from the camping hills and side streets - really viable map well done WG.

Can you now focus on making the current maps less 1-2 lined, i.e give the players more ways into the enemy base or flanks by opening up the field with cover.. tired of playing TANK alley over and over on every map because of poor design.

wasaabi #35 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22308 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View Post_Rune, on 07 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

EBR tanks stupid - total game killer

Shooting one 3 times and hitting its tracks nope still keeps going at 70kph seems legit.

I understand the VR is terrible but when you really can't stop it moving at all it becomes troublesome, so in order to stop an EBR spotting your team you need to have multiple people basically destroy it before it gets close as tracking it doesn't do squat which is a killer for most lights/mediums is stopping them having the ability to keep moving.

The damage model on EBR wheels are it slows down incrementally as each wheel is damaged, rather than stopping completely as a tracked vehicle would.  Low hit points relative to tier means shoot the vehicle rather than tracks gives a better outcome.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

CardinalMite #36 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:42 AM

Captain

• 29009 battles

So after a short initial session here are my preliminary thoughts, these will most likely change as the meta settles down and we get past the inevitable initial over abundance of wheeled LTs and unfamiliarity of the new map.

1. Really pleased with the enhanced multi core/threading support. I must have gained easily 30+ fps on average. We love to [edited] at WG but I have to give credit where it is due here. GJ WG.

2. Wheeled vehicles are going to take a while for us to all really understand their true impact on the meta. You can see from this thread alone some saying they are trash while others say they are game breakingly OP and others say they change the nature of the game so much that it becomes a twitch shooter almost.

My own experience is that they are getting away with yolo spotting runs because they are hard to hit, however if they do get hit they are often dead very fast... I suspect people will get used to leading their shots more and the yolo scouting will become a lot more dangerous.

Driving these things and shooting them is going to be a challenge if you don't have good latency. More reason to play the AU server I guess. 

Therefore over the coming weeks I think the yolo scouting will decrease somewhat, it is unclear though if that is sufficient to stop killing on some maps straight after spawn. Malinovka I think just became very dangerous at start, WG may need to move the spawn points on some maps.

My greatest concern is as a regular tracked scout that moving to a forward spotting location at start just became very dangerous, with wheeled cars just yoloing forward you either get spotted on the way in or they literally trip right over you. Sure they may die but you will probably too going from an in bush standing start. For sure right now driving a normal LT I am being a lot more cautious than I would be normally in terms of how far foward I pick if passive spotting.

3. Ghost town, only got it once so far, as a regular battle. Reminds me of Erlenburg only without the river. Got it playing the tier 10 BC105 LT north spawn, played it as a combination passive and active scout, had a good game 4.5k damage with 2.6k spotting. Won the match. Ran down the 1 line and could get decent lights that way. While fair bit of soft cover in most places it is setup that it is hard to get the angles to shoot while being able to pull back 15m and double bushes were not in huge supply.

Need more time on the map to determine whether it is good or not, playing other tiers and other tank types.

Edited by CardinalMite, 07 February 2019 - 09:24 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Mudguts4710 #37 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 42763 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

The speed of the wheelie's breaks some of the early positioning models we've become used to over the years. Especially with the patented WG MM.

e.g. South Spawn on Tundra. The other team didn't get a wheelie at all - gg MM.

I was up on the hill in the T8 Lynx (80km/h with top engine) and got 3 shots into a Lorraine arty before he gets clear of his spawn posi. I also interrupted the TD's heading for their camping spot in the NE corner, and farmed a T30 for about 700hp (using the stock gun). 

The 'proper' LT's seem reluctant to engage at the moment until they work out what's going on.

I did see some guys using M41's as a counter to the wheelies with some success - their maneuverability is pretty good and they trade well in an early dogfight. Also the 'proper' tanks can turn the hull and the turret to speed up traverse and gun tracking a circling wheelie - the wheelies can't and are reliant on turret traverse speed.

Pictish #38 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Corporal

• 58148 battles

The new epileptic pygmies are destroying the game

As was said above they just tear around the map with no plan other than to spot everything in the first 60 seconds

The will circle jerk anything to death and are next to impossible to shoot on the move

This helps the game how?

EDIT - just played Mannerheim line in the South. Other team 2 of these wheelie bins in a plat first seconds down the middle spotting all out heavies going right - half the team then back up to base without a single hit on them

Then they did the same on the left

What is this achieving other than it is best to camp for the first 5 minutes until they have run around a bit ?

And this was tested???

Edited by Pictish, 07 February 2019 - 10:02 AM.

Gordo_G #39 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:36 AM

Corporal

• 40568 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_

Early days for the wheeled vehicles, give it a couple of weeks as tactics are figured out.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues and those that I know did, figure it was down to their add-ons, as most 'fixed' it by running those in safe mode.

The enhancements to the processor core utilisation seems to be working exactly as expected as the folks I was playing with decent CPUs that had 'lower' spec graphic cards didn't notice a change as GPU already max'd but lower individual core loading was evident*. Those with 10** series cards but lower clocked CPUs did notice significant FPS increases with one reporting around 40 more.

*My older k6700 (stock clocks) used to hit 100% on at least one core but haven't seen it over 82% on any since the patch, but 970GTX GPU is running at the usual 107%.

Edited by Gordo_G, 07 February 2019 - 10:37 AM.

Pictish #40 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

Corporal

• 58148 battles

Just played Ensk Tier 10 and an EBR ran right down to our cap and we lost 2 Arty in less than 20 seconds

Can someone from WG explain how this helps the game and no digs about arty this is serious well it would be if it wasn't pathetic and a waste of time cos I was one of those arty

Also tagged with 1.4, Update, Frontline, Wheeled Vehicles, Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users