1.4 Update Frontline Wheeled Vehicles Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #41 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostGERONIMO, on 07 February 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

1. Anyone else experiencing that the emblems, inscriptions, clan emblem and MoE on your tank keep on blinking sometimes during battles after 1.4?

Yes, but so far that was only on the test server. Apparently they didn't fix that issue on release.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Sir_Direkin #42 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostPictish, on 07 February 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

And this was tested???

Yup. Actually it was even worse on the test server where you could easily have half the team in those [edited] things. Let's not forget that they received some heavy criticism before they were even on the test server, and now that they're out...

It's almost like WG go out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot sometimes. "We don't have enough drama right now. We've been given positive feedback for our changes to the MM on the Asia server, so how can we return back to our status quo of screwing things up? I know! Let's introduce wheeled vehicles into a tank game!".

View PostPictish, on 07 February 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Just played Ensk Tier 10 and an EBR ran right down to our cap and we lost 2 Arty in less than 20 seconds

Arty... Ensk...

Two things that just don't go well together.

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

southerner #43 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• 16853 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
Seems WG gave another patch  today, a lot of my game issues have disappeared no graphics issues anymore and my ping to HK is back to 230, so whatever WG did fixed things nicely.:great:
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

MagicalFlyingFox #44 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32580 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

All the whining arty. 

I welcome our wheeled tank overlords. May they continue to do what they do and kill ALL the clickers with HE. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine!

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

crash74 #45 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• 51372 battles

Arty discourage camping...:izmena:

Wheelie encourage camping or "hiding"...:bush:

So it is perfectly balance...:playing:

Sir_Direkin #46 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 07 February 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

May they continue to do what they do and kill ALL the clickers with HE.

HE? Which server are you playing on? People here spam gold at targets with no armour. ;)

Pictish #47 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

Corporal

• 58148 battles
Asian server they are firing HE to track you then finish you off

WarMamy #48 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• 12991 battles

Did anybody notice the ammo load bug?

Sometimes both the standard and the gold ammo are green, as in both are loaded and ready to fire.

Pictish #49 Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• 58148 battles

View PostWarMamy, on 07 February 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Did anybody notice the ammo load bug?

Sometimes both the standard and the gold ammo are green, as in both are loaded and ready to fire.

I'm getting that and unsure what I am firing

WarMamy #50 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

Corporal

• 12991 battles

View PostPictish, on 07 February 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'm getting that and unsure what I am firing

Looks like we will have to wait for the next micro patch, to get the bug fixed.

tibeodethuong #51 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:35 AM

Private

• 10441 battles

WG have been killing the game recently, and update 1.4 may be the last straw.

LT-432 overwhelms most LTs, a LT can fight like a med and scout like a LT @@, but in scouting, some LTs can scout as good as him if the players are good. LT-432 is an example of Pay-2-Win, but I think it's acceptable because it's within most players' endurance.

IS-3A is another Pay-2-Win example, maybe more than LT-432, a HT with drum gun, hard armor (his hull is hard too, even I think harder than IS-3 although IS-3A and IS-3 seem the same), and even no weak spot on turret (or very very small, u can shoot to the cupola of IS-3, but almost can't do like that to IS-3A). I think a total good HT like IS-3A need a nerf, because he makes most same tier HTs useless. I train hard to gain some good HTs, but can't use it well anymore because it's somewhat useless when facing IS-3A, not because of my skill. IS-3A maybe over many players' endurance.

LT-432 and IS-3A are example of Pay-2-Win, they make the game imbalanced, but not much. Premium tanks can overwhelm tier 8 tanks or under, but when u have an tier 9 tank or above, you can fight again them easier. But update 1.4 make the game too imbalanced, and this update can become the last straw and make the game dead.

The wheeled vehicles too fast, so they can scout all enemy team very easily, and the win of the match can be seen only after 1-min playing: SPGs are killed, LTs are killed, and maybe more..., even they can scout enemy team and withdraw safely. Other LTs are useless because they are seen by wheeled vehicles before reaching the strategy positions. TDs, HTs, even Meds are useless too, because it's too difficult to aim a too fast tank like wheeled vehicles before seen. And now, wheeled vehicles can reach tier 10.

WG have made WOT become one of the best game until few months ago. More added vehicles recently made the game more various. Variety is wonderful, but pls care about balance, and now imbalance will make the game lose variety. If there is no fix, maybe update 1.4 put an end to WOT, many veteran players who prove their loyalty with WOT will leave (maybe include me).

All above thing are "maybe", but they can be real.

Sorry if my English is not good, tks for reading.

eighty8 #52 Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Private

• 33884 battles

Another update … another failure to address the most fundamental drawbacks of the game. The sheer weight of OP vehicles in the game is still turning players off and the SPG overkill is maddening. At least the MM changes of the past few months have made tier 8 playable again. But every game you start you see three arty, 3 Skorp G's, 3 SU-130PM's, and the rest is wall to wall Defenders and Lowes. This is supposed to be a game of tactics and mobility but everyone's too scared to move. And if you do try to get the team moving you get annihilated in 5 seconds by a barrage of Skorp and arty hits. The team that camps the hardest wins and everyone loses valuable minutes of their lives bored out of their brains. And if tier 9 is involved, then the team with the Type 4 wins.

Been playing for six years and, yes, I admit I'm a paying customer. I have a massive garage but two-thirds of them are just unplayable in the current environment. Remember the Mutz? Remember when it was fun? Remember when it could contribute? No way in hell would I drive it now. And the list goes and on. By 'increasing the role played by armor' WG has decreased the role of every other vehicle.

And, yes, I plead guilty. I own a defender and every other OP vehicle out there. And here's what I have to say to WG. NERF THEM ALL. You deliberately up-armored the game ahead of 3-5-7 as a money-making ploy. It didn't work … you didn't make money and you lost a shipload of players. You've realised the mistake by killing 3-5-7 (thank the heavens) but we're still stuck with the 3-5-7 beasts you put in the game. SO FACE REALITY AND REBALANCE THEM ALL. Brace yourself for the tantrums and the 'I paid real money for that tank so don't you dare change it' complaints. You need to make the tech trees relevant again or the game's future is grim. I for one would be happy to see you nerf the hell out of my defender and in doing so making a bunch of my other tanks fun again.

Please give us back the awesome game we had back in 2015. The time before 3-5-7. Before the ridiculous Japanese heavy tanks. Before the botched LT changes. Before 3 arty in every game. Before the OP monsters made almost every other vehicle irrelevant. Before the overt Russian bias (dollars and euros are worth more than roubles).

And for goodness sake give the German tech tree some love. You have a 20th century tank game in which the German tree is largely (calm down, I didn't say completely) irrelevant. Germans irrelevant in the 20th century … think about that for a second.

And stop trying to mollify us with cosmetic changes and other BS … just fix the fundamentals. 

Ezz #53 Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68232 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posteighty8, on 08 February 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Another update … another failure to address the most fundamental drawbacks of the game. The sheer weight of OP vehicles in the game is still turning players off and the SPG overkill is maddening. At least the MM changes of the past few months have made tier 8 playable again. But every game you start you see three arty, 3 Skorp G's, 3 SU-130PM's, and the rest is wall to wall Defenders and Lowes. This is supposed to be a game of tactics and mobility but everyone's too scared to move. And if you do try to get the team moving you get annihilated in 5 seconds by a barrage of Skorp and arty hits. The team that camps the hardest wins and everyone loses valuable minutes of their lives bored out of their brains. And if tier 9 is involved, then the team with the Type 4 wins.

Been playing for six years and, yes, I admit I'm a paying customer. I have a massive garage but two-thirds of them are just unplayable in the current environment. Remember the Mutz? Remember when it was fun? Remember when it could contribute? No way in hell would I drive it now. And the list goes and on. By 'increasing the role played by armor' WG has decreased the role of every other vehicle.

And, yes, I plead guilty. I own a defender and every other OP vehicle out there. And here's what I have to say to WG. NERF THEM ALL. You deliberately up-armored the game ahead of 3-5-7 as a money-making ploy. It didn't work … you didn't make money and you lost a shipload of players. You've realised the mistake by killing 3-5-7 (thank the heavens) but we're still stuck with the 3-5-7 beasts you put in the game. SO FACE REALITY AND REBALANCE THEM ALL. Brace yourself for the tantrums and the 'I paid real money for that tank so don't you dare change it' complaints. You need to make the tech trees relevant again or the game's future is grim. I for one would be happy to see you nerf the hell out of my defender and in doing so making a bunch of my other tanks fun again.

Please give us back the awesome game we had back in 2015. The time before 3-5-7. Before the ridiculous Japanese heavy tanks. Before the botched LT changes. Before 3 arty in every game. Before the OP monsters made almost every other vehicle irrelevant. Before the overt Russian bias (dollars and euros are worth more than roubles).

And for goodness sake give the German tech tree some love. You have a 20th century tank game in which the German tree is largely (calm down, I didn't say completely) irrelevant. Germans irrelevant in the 20th century … think about that for a second.

And stop trying to mollify us with cosmetic changes and other BS … just fix the fundamentals. 

Welcome to the forums. It's rare that someone's first forum post is so pin point on the money. One can only hope that WG will start to listen.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #54 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Captain

• 29196 battles

Yeah I find it odd that so many German tech tree tanks remain un-buffed..

I mean I get that they dont want to provide competition for their premiums... but at this point there is room to buff a Tiger 2 a lot for example and still be worse than the premium tier 8 heavies..

They keep talking about a big rebalance coming but instead we get the Obj 279 buffed.

Edited by CardinalMite, 08 February 2019 - 10:12 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #55 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:14 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68232 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 February 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

They keep talking about a big rebalance coming but instead we get the Obj 279 buffed.

Next as part of their premium ammo rebalance i can see them removing a few more weakspots and adding a bit more armor to things.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #56 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32580 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

WG like introducing OP CW rewards. T95/Chieftain is quite strong for a 'heavy'

Sir_Direkin #57 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 February 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

A big rebalance. Obj 279 is big. It was also rebalanced. Promise fulfilled. ;)

HexHammer #58 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33483 battles

View Posttibeodethuong, on 08 February 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

WG have been killing the game recently, and update 1.4 may be the last straw.

LT-432 overwhelms most LTs, a LT can fight like a med and scout like a LT @@, but in scouting, some LTs can scout as good as him if the players are good. LT-432 is an example of Pay-2-Win, but I think it's acceptable because it's within most players' endurance.

IS-3A is another Pay-2-Win example, maybe more than LT-432, a HT with drum gun, hard armor (his hull is hard too, even I think harder than IS-3 although IS-3A and IS-3 seem the same), and even no weak spot on turret (or very very small, u can shoot to the cupola of IS-3, but almost can't do like that to IS-3A). I think a total good HT like IS-3A need a nerf, because he makes most same tier HTs useless. I train hard to gain some good HTs, but can't use it well anymore because it's somewhat useless when facing IS-3A, not because of my skill. IS-3A maybe over many players' endurance.

The wheeled vehicles too fast, so they can scout all enemy team very easily, and the win of the match can be seen only after 1-min playing: SPGs are killed, LTs are killed, and maybe more..., even they can scout enemy team and withdraw safely. Other LTs are useless because they are seen by wheeled vehicles before reaching the strategy positions. TDs, HTs, even Meds are useless too, because it's too difficult to aim a too fast tank like wheeled vehicles before seen. And now, wheeled vehicles can reach tier 10.

I have to disagree.

There is plenty are arguments to say that an Emil1 is better than the IS3A in many situations, that the B-C12t is better than the LT-432 in many situations and that standard tech tree LTs out perform Wheeled vehicles in many situations.

Most of the other tier 8 Premiums have a comparable tech tree equivalent, except maybe the SkorpG, but there are some that would say that a T28prot. is a better tank to the SkoprG in many situations.

The game is balanced, the best it has ever been since I started playing IMO. It has +1 MM as well

MagicalFlyingFox #59 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32580 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
You are trolling, right?

K4BeeTee #60 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• 9478 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 08 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

It has +1 MM as well

Except when you're playing tier 8 on Aus server - after they "tweaked" the mm system :/

Edited by K4BeeTee, 08 February 2019 - 01:41 PM.

Also tagged with 1.4, Update, Frontline, Wheeled Vehicles, Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users