1.4 Update Frontline Wheeled Vehicles Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

K4BeeTee #81 Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Corporal

• 9325 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostWarMamy, on 09 February 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

But our type 58 kept shooting him and pinging him, telling him to go scout.

But he wanted us to report Type 58 for being the asshole :teethhappy:

Which he was.

HexHammer #82 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33423 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 09 February 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

Because a 105mm autoloader is the tech tree equivalent to a 122mm Autoreloader. Right.

Maybe make a new thread for all this delusion?

It is a viable alternative to the IS3A, as I pointed it out to the guy on page3 complaining about the supposed P2W 

Except for rare overmatch situations, gun caliber does not count for much. Autoloaders may load their first shell quicker, but it takes the IS3A - 44 seconds to fully reload a clip compared to the Emil1 - 33 seconds, so there is a fair tradeoff there as well.

WG should be criticised when warranted, But IMO none of these premiums are particularly overpowered, and the game has the best balance I have experienced since starting the game. 

I agree this should all be split away from this thread, starting at the guy on page3 that started off the P2W myth complaint. I dont care, I made my point.

Quasinerdo #83 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 February 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Yeah I find it odd that so many German tech tree tanks remain un-buffed..

I mean I get that they dont want to provide competition for their premiums... but at this point there is room to buff a Tiger 2 a lot for example and still be worse than the premium tier 8 heavies..

They keep talking about a big rebalance coming but instead we get the Obj 279 buffed.

You need to listen more - they talk about a big "balance" coming. The reference is to their bank statement not the game content.

When watching a WG video listen for the word "convenience" …. this is code for introduction of some stupid OP change.

Back onto 1.4 - I cannot understand (and have been saying since super test discussion leaked) that WG have ignored so much feedback and gone so hard against the community in regard to wheeled vehicles. If the game had maps 5x bigger it may cope but as it was the speed of vehicles and creep made many high tier games ridiculous from the get go. It was obvious before 1.4. Now mid tiers and up are boned.

Waiting on a "correction" to the Meta is not going to help. Fundamentally these vehicles bring unmanageable outcomes that will further skew the ridiculous power creep and (almost) abuse of the foundational mechanics of the game.

WG are too arrogant to do this, but I'd say this is a moment where they need to fall on their sword and pull them from the game or drop their speed by 40-50% to crush their ability to screw the game up more. Step 2 is WG actually dealing with the games mechanic and balance issues *For real*, rather than just speaking about doing it, making more money grabs and doing nothing.

[Redacted] that was not funny ~Conan

Edited by Conan, 14 February 2019 - 06:40 PM.
Removed extremely rude comment

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Quasinerdo #84 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 08 February 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

I have said a few times that i reckon BOlyx has developed a niche level of subtle whereby everyone just assumes he's being serious but in reality he's taking the piss as much as anyone.

I think you are expressing far too much generosity whilst simultaneously ignoring all of the evidence. You have been converted by Bolyx haven't you? A BOlyx Supporter (or BS'er for short) :P 

It's a case of Schroedinger's BOlyx -  seeming to be sarcastic whilst being 100% serious.

Edited by Quasinerdo, 10 February 2019 - 08:32 AM.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Centurion_IRL #85 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29684 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

I bought the rental camo for my tank and added it then went to apply the new number inscriptions and it removed the camo.

It appears you can only have one or the other not both

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

Underhook #86 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

First lieutenant

• 30944 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

View PostMudguts4710, on 06 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

WG To-Do list - fix unicum complaints about being WN8 focussed by arty - TICK

Yes your probably right.  I have to play on the HK server most of the time which is unplayable with standard tanks so I'm playing a lot of arty.  Getting killed/spotted without firing or after only one shot on a semi regular basis now as wheeled players have started working out the best runs to light everybody up.  Arty has pretty much no defence.

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

FramFramson #87 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:44 AM

Major

• 43379 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 09 February 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

I bought the rental camo for my tank and added it then went to apply the new number inscriptions and it removed the camo.

It appears you can only have one or the other not both

Rental camos are a style, so I would imagine they would remove customization, no?

Oh and I'm still getting infinite loading on entering the customization screen about 2/3rds of the time. The only way out is to close the client.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #88 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:39 AM

Captain

• 67673 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 10 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

It is a viable alternative to the IS3A, as I pointed it out to the guy on page3 complaining about the supposed P2W 

Except for rare overmatch situations, gun caliber does not count for much. Autoloaders may load their first shell quicker, but it takes the IS3A - 44 seconds to fully reload a clip compared to the Emil1 - 33 seconds, so there is a fair tradeoff there as well.

WG should be criticised when warranted, But IMO none of these premiums are particularly overpowered, and the game has the best balance I have experienced since starting the game. 

I agree this should all be split away from this thread, starting at the guy on page3 that started off the P2W myth complaint. I dont care, I made my point.

How is this even relevant.

Only the most insane/bot IS3A driver would wait for a full clip reload when they can dump the clip and have fired almost another 3 rounds before the Emil has reloaded its clip. An IS3A will only let the clip reload fully when there is nothing to shoot at, otherwise they are busy shooting at targets like a normal IS3.

Have you driven the IS3A Brutal?

HexHammer #89 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33423 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 11 February 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

How is this even relevant.

Only the most insane/bot IS3A driver would wait for a full clip reload when they can dump the clip and have fired almost another 3 rounds before the Emil has reloaded its clip. An IS3A will only let the clip reload fully when there is nothing to shoot at, otherwise they are busy shooting at targets like a normal IS3.

Have you driven the IS3A Brutal?

What reasons do you have to explain why Quickybaby averages 2800 in the Emil1, and his next best tier8 tank is an average of 2500?

No I have not played the IS3A and would not even pay $2 for it. The reasons being that it is more sluggish than a Lowe, has by far the worst gun handling out of all tier 8 tanks, and I could not think of a worse way to spend my time than playing that troll tank TBH

I must ask you though, how was your experience in the IS3A compared to the Emil1? :sceptic: Wat it fun? Did you jump into your IS3A, push 'w' for the auto win? Or did you find out the hard way that the IS3A [edited] sucked!

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 11 February 2019 - 10:13 AM.

Profanisaurus #90 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 11 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Quickybaby

Um...

Puggsley #91 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• 67673 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 11 February 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

What reasons do you have to explain why Quickybaby averages 2800 in the Emil1, and his next best tier8 tank is an average of 2500?

No I have not played the IS3A and would not even pay $2 for it. The reasons being that it is more sluggish than a Lowe, has by far the worst gun handling out of all tier 8 tanks, and I could not think of a worse way to spend my time than playing that troll tank TBH

I must ask you though, how was your experience in the IS3A compared to the Emil1? :sceptic: Wat it fun? Did you jump into your IS3A, push 'w' for the auto win? Or did you find out the hard way that the IS3A [edited] sucked!

Who knows why he is better in the Emil 1. He's the best bloke to ask about that. Maybe his whole playstyle is built around working ridges and the Emil is better at that? He loves UK tanks doesn't he?

The way the reload system is worked out on the IS3A means you are totally rewarded for dumping the clip then firing as a single shot - that gives you by far the best DPM, much better than the Emil 1.

I played the Emil a long time ago and cannot really recall what it was like at all. I've had a few games in the IS3A. It was certainly fun having the awesome clip potential then high rate of fire as soon as you clipped out. Fabulous as a defensive tank against a couple of enemies. Shite at sniping, but its not meant for that. Be similar to playing the Emil 1 on flat ground.

Who says anything about an auto win, only an idiot/noob expects that. Especially over a low number of games. 

Its the relativity which is important. And a tank which has a 3 shot clip, then is able to shoot every 11 to 12 seconds is going to be more capable in terms of firepower than a tank which dumps 4 shots then in helpless for 33 seconds. You can see that can't you? Most tanks have a style of play they reward. If that is your style of play then you will do well in it. The better the player the more able they will be to adapt their playstyle to the tanks strengths. 

CardinalMite #92 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 11 February 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Or as already pointed out to you more than once his stats reflect the IS3A from prior to it getting this ridiculous buff..

Or how about some real stats look at the recent last month win rate (EU server for good sample size)versus all time for IS3A then look at recent win rate for Emil 1.

https://www.noobmete...c8q358907.node0

55% recent WR IS3A 

52% recent WR Emil 1..

The IS3A is the fourth highest Tier 8 for recent win rate versus the Emil 1 which is the 30th.

The Emil 1 is the 3rd 'best' of all the tech tree tanks that I could see in the above link if you sort by recent win rate.

That last is about as damning an indictment you can get about how "off" balance is between premium and non premium tanks. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 11 February 2019 - 12:59 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

MagicalFlyingFox #93 Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32231 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

There already was win rate graphs beforehand.

Anyways, lol emil 1 is better than is-3a, guys. The second resident perma-green said so.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 11 February 2019 - 02:41 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

mttspiii #94 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
This isn't the Frontlines feedback thread, but I'd just have to comment anyway: the more games played in Frontlines the longer the loading times become. Anyone else noticed this, or is this just another net cafe factor I'd have to account for as well?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Sir_Direkin #95 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:05 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
I thought WG were supposed to have reworked the Frontline map. C spawn is still a steaming pile of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

luftkopf #96 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• 11347 battles
  • [BROKE] BROKE

I don't know. Defending C seems to be more difficult than it used to be.

Or I've been getting even more rubbish teams than usual...

Sir_Direkin #97 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
Also got spawned into C spawn invader 3 times in a row. I'm pretty damn sure WG fixed that in 2018, so how's it happening again?

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Sir_Direkin #98 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:01 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the maximum platoon size for Frontline 5 last year?

MagicalFlyingFox #99 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32231 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
It was supposed to be but it was broken

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

SLAV_ROBIN #100 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:54 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29685 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

so, a shortened period to grind to level 30, its not even a full 7 day event (for each month it runs) most players wont reach double or even over 1.5 presteige. 

iv observed one feedback from EU, and tbh its hit pretty hard. i fully agree with the comments made by this member. 

this is some serious issues this guy raises. wg please consider this. not just from EU. but from all other servers:

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Also tagged with 1.4, Update, Frontline, Wheeled Vehicles, Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users