Wheeled vehicle driver skills?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Vader108 #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

Sergeant

• 51860 battles

Hi all,

What initial skills would be best for a wheeled vehicle driver?

I'm using one of my xmas girls so she has BIA by default and another skill spare.

Not sure if I should go for smooth ride, off road or clutch braking?

Any ideas?

Spacecheese #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

Private

• 2952 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
I am no expert by any means, but I went for off road just to maximise the speed.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I'm not even sure how does clutch breaking work with wheeled

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Vader108 #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• 51860 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 06 February 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

does clutch breaking work with wheeled

That thought has crossed my mind too.

Puggsley #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Just bought the T8 wheelie bin and had been training up a driver and gunner in the even 90. they've got camo and about 90% of second skill but Ill swap em out for BIA and smooth ride/snap.

From what I understand and have seen in my one game (huge sample….) there is a huge amount of on the move action. I think I'll go camo for the third skill

Mudguts4710 #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 42392 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I'm on the T8 wheelie and I'm running everything I can to improve the VR and gun handling on the move.

So BIA, 6th on Commander, Smooth Ride on Driver, Snap Shot on Gunner and Sit Aware on Radio Op.

3rd skills at the minute (about 35-45%) are Recon, Repairs, Repairs, Repairs - the repair time on a splash damaged wheel is agonizingly long.

I'm also not using a rammer - experimenting with VStab, Vents and Optics at the minute.

Consumables are Large Med, Small Rep and Large Rep. 

With the wheelies it seems pretty evident that speed is life - more is better

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

Vader108 #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

• 51860 battles

Ok in the end I choose

Commander - BIA,6th,Recon,camo

Gunner - BIA,Snap, Camo

Driver - BIA,Smooth, Camo

Loader - BIA,SA,camo

But thinking Camo was a mistake, these things get damaged so easy and takes forever to repair, might swap out camo for repair.

Only equipment so far is vents

View range sucks so will have to go for Optics.

Might even go tool box for 3rd equipment... donno...

CardinalMite #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostVader108, on 07 February 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Ok in the end I choose

Commander - BIA,6th,Recon,camo

Gunner - BIA,Snap, Camo

Driver - BIA,Smooth, Camo

Loader - BIA,SA,camo

But thinking Camo was a mistake, these things get damaged so easy and takes forever to repair, might swap out camo for repair.

Only equipment so far is vents

View range sucks so will have to go for Optics.

Might even go tool box for 3rd equipment... donno...

Not sure you are wrong to go camo over repairs. You still want to remain unspotted as long as possible as you go forward for scout runs as it gives less reaction time for enemy guns to start turning in your direction.

Then run back go unspot, then do another run on a different trajectory to keep them off balance. I can see the value of repairs but fact is if you get moderately tracked then waiting for even a good repair crew will get you dead in many places without an immediate fix.

Edited by CardinalMite, 07 February 2019 - 04:48 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users