How many Frontline points are needed to finish one prestige?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Going to calculate feasibility of playing

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

spacewolf #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72998 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

In terms of apathy, about forty three million.

Proudly sponsored by WG

mttspiii #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31606 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Green-level gameplay so far netted me 10-15 ranks in 6 hours. 12-18 hours would get you a prestige.

36-54 gameplay hours would finish off this week's quota of 3 prestiges. 9 hours per day for 6 days at a slow pace, or 4 days when thinking. A unicum platoon can probably do it in 2 days, 9 hours each.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

JOC469 #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

You only really need to complete 1 prestige per episode for a total of 10, with each prestige requiring you level up to tier 30. The maximum Prestige Level you can achieve is +2 Prestige Levels from the current Frontline Episode number.

For example, in the second game week you can reach Prestige Level IV, and in the third one you can reach Level V. Thus, you can make up for missed Levels regardless of when you start playing.

3 hours of potato play in stock tech tree tanks and I am at Tier 11. The higher tiers will require a bit longer per tier.

You might as well play regardless as it is a great way to earn credits.

•  

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Ezz #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJOC469, on 11 February 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

The maximum Prestige Level you can achieve is +2 Prestige Levels from the current Frontline Episode number.

•  

So you could potentially miss some early then grind hard later to make it up. Whereas if you spam early you're capped. Lee should take note.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postmttspiii, on 11 February 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Green-level gameplay so far netted me 10-15 ranks in 6 hours. 12-18 hours would get you a prestige.

36-54 gameplay hours would finish off this week's quota of 3 prestiges. 9 hours per day for 6 days at a slow pace, or 4 days when thinking. A unicum platoon can probably do it in 2 days, 9 hours each.

6 hours already?

Did Lee pilot your acc or something

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

XP needed to reach next tier:

To reach tier 12: 800

To reach tier 13: 900

Kelilipan #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 4632 battles

It takes 30500 points to reach rank 30.

That's around:

- 88 games if you average Lieutenant

- 51 games if you average Captain

- 34 games if you average Major

- or 26 games if you average General

each game takes around 20 minutes, so roughly divide the listed numbers by 3 to get the hours needed to complete a tier (1-30).

Personally I can only play about 2-3 hours per day, so I need to get at least Captain each match in order to be able to complete the whole thing.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:43 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

27min including wait time based on the timestamps of my replays

At major average this will take 15 hours

Or 150 hours for 10 prestiges

Or roughly 1.5k normal games

And the last few weeks are going to be dreadful as humans leave and the machinary-enhanced cyborgs take over.

TheLastDingo #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28989 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
Unlike in Random battles, if you get disconnected during a Front Line battle and you can't get back in time before it finishes ( +1 Telstra ) you don't get any points

Hitting like a hammer, she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter, tasty like a raindrop, she's got the Luchs.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

And 1.5k battles at 666 average XP equals...

1 million XP

Considering Progetto was 300k and SU-130PM was 250k~ish

Even at 400 average XP per game, 1.5k battles gives 600k

All this for a "frontline-only" tank (whatever that means, I will luff if it cannot be used in pubs) that we're pretty sure WG will sell for money anyway and an "unknown tier 9 tank" which we know has to be one of those two TD which is probably going to lay rusting like my T-55A.

That's it, I'm out.

Otakubouzu #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Major

• 16313 battles

tl;dr:

don't play frontline expecting the reward, play it just because you want to play it.

Back to World of Tanks for now.

Vader108 #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• 53435 battles

Not sure if all the calculations above are correct?

Got up to tier 8 or 9 last night, so I think getting tier 30 over a week is quite doable. 

Gen we have 10 episodes (weeks) over the year so its only one prestige a week on average which does not sound too hard, especially when the games are quite enjoyable.

thinking about it, should be ably to do a prestige each week when Just playing for fun.

having said that, I note that at tier 30 you get 500,000 credits.

Does anyone know if you will get 500,000 every game if you don’t prestige and stay at tier 30, or is it a once off?

Edited by Vader108, 12 February 2019 - 10:48 AM.

Vader108 #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Sergeant

• 53435 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 12 February 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Or 150 hours for 10 prestiges

Yeah true, but it is spread out over 10 months.

So on those figures it’s averaging a bit over 2 hours per day for one week every month..

quite dooable - if you are enjoying playing this game mode. 

Ezz #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Can someone confirm how long it takes to get to your first prestige once you reset at tier 30? Did i hear it was equivalent to grinding the 30 tiers again?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vader108 #16 Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

Sergeant

• 53435 battles

View PostEzz, on 12 February 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Can someone confirm how long it takes to get to your first prestige once you reset at tier 30? Did i hear it was equivalent to grinding the 30 tiers again?

Yeah it resets back to the initial grind of 30 tiers for each prestige level, so each pestiege level only requires the same points as the first time.

I think the first reset will straight away make you prestige 1 from my reading of the info.

more info - https://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/frontline-regulations/

Edited by Vader108, 12 February 2019 - 12:26 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74912 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

[quote]You have increased the amount of points necessary to reach a prestige level a lot since last year, we're talking 60%. The event is only available one week per month, some players report playing up to 19 hours to reach their first prestige level[/quote]

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/700062-frontlines-feedback/page__pid__16646020#entry16646020

True?

JOC469 #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
So 19 hours over 7 days to prestige. Which you can do once as a minimum for the 10 episodes to qualify for the maximum rewards.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Kelilipan #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 4632 battles

Basically consider it a part-time job, e.g. the only thing you'll be doing on your free time for one week every month, and whether you have the time for it or not.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 February 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

You have increased the amount of points necessary to reach a prestige level a lot since last year, we're talking 60%. 

True?

Yes, although they also increased the points you gain by 10-20% depending on what rank you get.

mttspiii #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31606 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 February 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

6 hours already?

Did Lee pilot your acc or something

Decided to do a test run of my virtual stamina by playing for 15 hours straight. Actually made me sick of WoT again just after I took a WoT vacation in the middle of the FrankenChieftain campaign.

3rd day now, still haven't got a single prestige point. I'd have to cancel all meetings for the 2nd week of the next ten months to get the secret tier IX.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users