Whats with the Front LIne teams?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26930 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Well after 2 days of game play has left me with a facepalm because clearly 90% of players have no clue what their suppose to do, I thought it was defend and not spectate when the defenders lose the cap in less than minute in the first minute of game play because either half the team left and went to the other cap or they hold back because they don't want their tank damaged. Last night I swapped from the HK to the ANZ only to be greeted with loss in defence on A in less than 1 minute I fired 2 shells into the cap to try stop the enemy team but it was a pointless effort when 13 players sat and watched, maybe Wargaming needs to have a less sophisticated video on "HOW TO PLAY FRONTLINE" some of the lads in my clan were losing their shit over how to play and that's even after we explained what to do.

MrRez #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:50 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 29799 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS
I agree Wargaming needs to make a more simplistic tutorial for the Frontline mode. But in the meantime i try to help were i can be pinging the point(i know, sounds obvious) or in most cases i ping the point and lead the charge show players sometimes you just need to throw you tank away for the great good of the reset or at least try. :)  

TheBudgiesmuggler #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26930 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostMrRez, on 13 February 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

I agree Wargaming needs to make a more simplistic tutorial for the Frontline mode. But in the meantime i try to help were i can be pinging the point(i know, sounds obvious) or in most cases i ping the point and lead the charge show players sometimes you just need to throw you tank away for the great good of the reset or at least try. :)  

I ping as well and try to encourage the team in chat in the simplest form of wording (lol)

Puggsley #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:17 AM

Captain

• 66005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Meh, frontline, where the need to push meets the SEA desire to camp.

Played quite a few last night and got to Level 19. Had some great teams and some lemons, just like pubbies. Totally loving the IS3A as an assault leader, got 4 Generals last night leading out in the IS3A then the T44-100/Prog as follow-up. 

I have clearly upset the MM due to my nearly constant spawning on C when assaulting..... I got one spawn on B and had no idea where to go on assault.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71911 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

It's not the players not knowing how to play FL. It's the opposite - They have found this to be their own best ways to play FL.

Every new game mode starts with the whole population doing random things randomly. Then they learn to do what is best for their goals. And often that goal is "survive" instead of "reset cap".

We're technically at week 5 of FL if you include last year. And this meta has already been formed at around week 3. People already know how to attack quick, while defenders rather not throw their tanks into quick and certain death, worsening the effect and causing a downward spiral. (Infinite respawns will help against this issue.)

It's the same with RB for example. First the game mode goes smoothly. After a few days everybody camps because that's the fastest way to get Chevrons.

Zone hopping issue? Same thing, because people have found that to make attacking even easier. Or rather it is lemming nature to begin with but now more people have realized how and decided to do that.

Defending players choosing to run away to an empty flank? Same. They're learning how to attain their goals.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 13 February 2019 - 07:44 AM.

Puggsley #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

Captain

• 66005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I had one game of arty last night, survived the whole battle, think i had the 4th highest xp and made it to major very easily. I didn't focus on resetting enough or would have most likely made general. Rewards for arty are extremely generous in FL.....

Still not sure why a HT gets to take one bonus improvement, and arty gets 3.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71911 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Arty gets rewarded very well for some reason. When the mode first started, arty were often highest in rank. And personally driving it shows the same behavior.

And when people see this, they follow.

Nowadays it's impossible to respawn as arty, and queuing in arty takes way longer. But this also balances itself as arty are no longer leaders in tank.

See, another example of the meta making itself.

Sir_Direkin #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11942 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostPuggsley, on 13 February 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

I had one game of arty last night, survived the whole battle, think i had the 4th highest xp and made it to major very easily. I didn't focus on resetting enough or would have most likely made general. Rewards for arty are extremely generous in FL.....

Still not sure why a HT gets to take one bonus improvement, and arty gets 3.

It's a little too generous to arty. The first game I played in Frontline was in arty (finishing a grind), and made General that game. The next game was Major, and then General again. On the flip side, rewards for spot damage for lights is a little on the low side.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

HexHammer #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32980 battles

Its all about damage / damage assist / capping / de-capping. Winning is irrelevant.

In fact the ideal scenario is for your game to go the full distance without the guns being destroyed, because the longer a game goes, the greater your chance of achieving a higher rank. I have never once fired a shot at any of the 5 guns. I sit a wait and let others do that and be the bait for me, and when the enemy to arrive for the to shoot the attackers, I shoot them.

Play super selfish. Desert non-favorable flanks for more productive ones, Only play autoloaders/ autoreloaders and it you get to general/major more often than not. And I avoid the centre line - the A and C lines are the best for safe farming

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 13 February 2019 - 10:42 AM.

AlexTheKid72 #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• 19632 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

I have had three attacks from 23 games lolz.
I am one of the muppets also :D

#goodbait

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 13 February 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71911 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 13 February 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Its all about damage / damage assist / capping / de-capping. Winning is irrelevant.

In fact the ideal scenario is for your game to go the full distance without the guns being destroyed, because the longer a game goes, the greater your chance of achieving a higher rank. I have never once fired a shot at any of the 5 guns. I sit a wait and let others do that and be the bait for me, and when the enemy to arrive for the to shoot the attackers, I shoot them.

Play super selfish. Desert non-favorable flanks for more productive ones, Only play autoloaders/ autoreloaders and it you get to general/major more often than not. And I avoid the centre line - the A and C lines are the best for safe farming

Thanks for succinctly summing up the problem with this mode and human nature.

I almost forgot about the last point, but it is the same as players not going mid in pubs.

And players are complaining about too many corridor maps? Lol.

Puggsley #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 66005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I felt uncomfortable about the winning is irrelevant issue on the first day, but yesterday was into the right farming mode mindset. It is a major issue with frontline for me, for me winning is part of the fun. 

I cannot go between random/frontline. I have to have a nonstop farming session or it is very unfun. There is no way I would play WoT if it was like frontline all the time.

WarMamy #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• 11374 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

->Had a game last night

->Spawned in A 

->Playing my Borsig

->Platoon of progettos and defenders cap A

->Me trying to park my TD

->Base capped time - 2 mins

->Me do nothing

->Platoon proceeds to D

->Me getting down from parking lot

->Team caps D and pushes forward

->Me just entering D in my borsig

-> Team destroys objective 1(Meanwhile team caps B and C)

->Me still do nothing

->Me driving to Objective 2 

->Objective destroyed 

->Me driving to Objective 3

->Still haven't taken a single shot

->Objective 3 under attack

->Me still locked and loaded(Not taken a single shot)

->Objective 3 is defended

->Frustrated I decided to suicide(Holding J)

->Time 4 seconds later a wild Scorpion G appears

->Right click left click [BOOM-534 damage]

->All Objectives have been destroyed

->Unicum team breaks record for winning game under 10 minutes.

-> XP received =0

WHY?

-> Took 1 shot the entire game

And that my friends is how We Won the game in my Borsig!!!!

images.png

Edited by WarMamy, 13 February 2019 - 12:47 PM.

Angmar_ #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
Capping and defending cap give heaps of points towards general. Why the hell does shooting the guns give 0 rewards ? At that point you're best off shooting enemies instead till you get general and then go back and shoot the guns.

CardinalMite #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

Captain

• 28032 battles
Does the damage dealt to objective guns not count as damage dealt for the purpose of exp and credits?
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Kelilipan #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 4170 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 13 February 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

Does the damage dealt to objective guns not count as damage dealt for the purpose of exp and credits?

Yes.

kovacs #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 19661 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostKelilipan, on 13 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yes.

o.O  How can a one word answer be so confusing?

(must be the question)

Edited by kovacs, 13 February 2019 - 03:07 PM.

Puggsley #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• 66005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAngmar_, on 13 February 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Capping and defending cap give heaps of points towards general. Why the hell does shooting the guns give 0 rewards ? At that point you're best off shooting enemies instead till you get general and then go back and shoot the guns.

The damage on the guns certainly counts towards ranks

Angmar_ #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
It hasn't for me Puggs, the bar doesn't move at all when I'm shooting the guns

Puggsley #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Captain

• 66005 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
really, im just about certain I got a rank shjooting them 

1 user(s) are reading this topic