Frontline Mode

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

MrRez #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 30573 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

Well Tankers, I wanted to raise this issue and see if anyone else agrees with me and maybe even Wargaming might take it on board. I feel it is way to easy for the attacking teams to point hop after they die. Let me explain the best i can. 

At the start of a battle the teams are even but say the attacking team find the first few pushes hard and aren't getting far. Once they die, a heap of them can point hop leaving that flank with a greatly weaking attacking front. This is fine as it makes sense for them to be able to do that but what i see is the defending team has a full squad of alive players(usually) just sitting around with only a few to defend against and no real way to get to the other flanks to assist with that defense. Short of driving side on to the few enemy left of throwing yourself off the highest cliff(not advised due to the long wait time to get back into battle), you are left sitting around with not much to do(especially in a heavy). And yes the fronts are connected but it can take fecking ages to say get from front point A to C and by that time that point will of been swarmed and taken over.

My suggestion is to maybe have a limit to the number of hops in a time period or limit the numbers a flank can have even further or even increase the spawn time if you want to switch flanks. I feel this should go for both attacking and defense teams. Thoughts...

_RuneTheNomad #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

First lieutenant

• 15085 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI
It should be capped at max of 2-3 can move flank multiple ways to address this issue, but your not wrong.. sat on defence in C cap last night in my 50tp and i think i was fighting 4 tanks on the whole front - some were obviously dead and respawning but most just bailed out to A-B flanks instead and we are stuck with 8 people in C not being able to match numbers on another flank unless we rush in and die throwing our tank away to get to the other flank.. bit hard with 5 minute wait times for respawns or reinforcements.. but oh well.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:24 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74454 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Puggsley #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Nope, totally disagree.

Defenders have a very easy time on 2 of the caps. A defending tank has a huge advantage in general. They don't have to sit out in the open while capping. Once they are in a decent position they can just work vision while the attackers have to cross open ground and cap to keep going.

One of the few advantages attackers have is the ability to change flanks. Why make it a meat-grinder so defenders get it easy?

We have had this map long enough so that defenders should have a very good idea of how to make it work. If you are on a zone which is bloody easy to defend you should keep an eye on the map and maybe position yourself to be able to respond to other threats.

MrRez #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:45 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 30573 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

View PostPuggsley, on 12 February 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Nope, totally disagree.

Defenders have a very easy time on 2 of the caps. A defending tank has a huge advantage in general. They don't have to sit out in the open while capping. Once they are in a decent position they can just work vision while the attackers have to cross open ground and cap to keep going.

One of the few advantages attackers have is the ability to change flanks. Why make it a meat-grinder so defenders get it easy?

We have had this map long enough so that defenders should have a very good idea of how to make it work. If you are on a zone which is bloody easy to defend you should keep an eye on the map and maybe position yourself to be able to respond to other threats.

The problem is even if you watch the map and see a threat else were you can't do anything much about it but sit and defend a point with next to no one attacking because you need to die to re-spawn or drive right across the map in some cases. I agree attackers need the chance to move flanks to break through but i think they need to fine tune how easy it is. And another point attacking is meant to be hard and it should be, right now its a piece of piss to hop and swarm a point with little or no defense to prevent you. 

Puggsley #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:32 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I guess i see it that the mode should be similar difficulty for both sides. Both attackers and defenders should have easy and hard components to the gameplay.

Defenders get a big advantage in that they don't have to move out of positions of strength. That is the easy part for them and allows them to farm damage when they get into a good spot. But defending should not be super easy, there should be hard parts to it. The whole point to a big map is that you can only control a small part of it and it does take time to relocate. Its a judgement call whether its better to die or take the time to drive to a new location. There is no punishment for dying in this mode so its pretty easy and fast to get to the other spawn if you need to. But it is somewhat difficult to do after playing a preserves your tank approach!

Attackers get the advantage is that they can change the position of attack. That's the easy part for them. They get to concentrate force on a weak point to get moving relatively easily. Otherwise whats the fun in being fed into the meat-grinder of cap C over and over so that defenders can rack up big damage? I have mostly spawned on C when attacking. Now I pretty much ignore it and immediately move to B or quickly die and respawn in A.

CardinalMite #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

Captain

• 29011 battles
Or the defender on a useless front can hit J to respawn somewhere else.
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74454 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostCardinalMite, on 13 February 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Or the defender on a useless front can hit J to respawn somewhere else.

You can't respawn "somewhere else" flank if that flank already has 12 tanks

And you waste a life in order to do that.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

AlexTheKid72 #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• 21908 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

There's a key to die now and respawn? Forgot it and haven't seen it in tips yet ...

EDIT : I read this  shit ... "J" yay

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 13 February 2019 - 10:56 AM.

Puggsley #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 February 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

Wasting the life does not matter unless you are really short on tanks.

Frontline is credit and prestige farming, pure and simple.

Make the game last as long as possible, do as much damage/assist and cap/reset. Expect no team play, winning doesn't matter, just keep farming. 

CardinalMite #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• 29011 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 February 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

Same is true if you die in the regular fashion, honestly though that is a good thing, you dont want an all go one lane mentality to become the meta...

As for losing a life, almost never an issue..... unless you are in the habit of dying 3 times inside the first 5 minutes of the game and then have to wait for the remains of the 5 minute  timer count down to rejoin.

To be fair there are some players that bad.... but then arguably I doubt it would be much of a loss to the team having them sit waiting to respawn..

Losing a life penalises you almost nothing..

Edited by CardinalMite, 13 February 2019 - 12:12 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

MadHouse10101 #12 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:34 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 21568 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPuggsley, on 13 February 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Expect no team play, winning doesn't matter, just keep farming. 

I feel like your right and wrong, winning doesn't matter but a bit of team play on the attacking side goes a long way as its the only way to make the game go long enough to get to general rank, but to good team play on defence as the same result... the game wont go long enough. Plus a LT platooning makes fast capping really easy if you use smokes right and it gives insane amounts of ranking, iv mainly given up on farming damage on the attacking team and just going for caps and doing damage when I can, far more fun and not as rage inducing when you start missing shot after shot since capping is more reliable.

MrRez #13 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:57 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 30573 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

View PostMadHouse10101, on 13 February 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

I feel like your right and wrong, winning doesn't matter but a bit of team play on the attacking side goes a long way as its the only way to make the game go long enough to get to general rank, but to good team play on defence as the same result... the game wont go long enough. Plus a LT platooning makes fast capping really easy if you use smokes right and it gives insane amounts of ranking, iv mainly given up on farming damage on the attacking team and just going for caps and doing damage when I can, far more fun and not as rage inducing when you start missing shot after shot since capping is more reliable.

I have been on the receiving end of those LT plats you are in Madhouse and i can say they work really well :)

MadHouse10101 #14 Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 21568 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostMrRez, on 14 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

I have been on the receiving end of those LT plats you are in Madhouse and i can say they work really well :)

Yeh, I started off thinking I would be playing the skorpg the whole time in frontline, but then i played the lynx 6x6 just the grind it while playing frontline, turns outs it's really good for just bum rushing caps because barely anyone at all has one. Can get 10sec on the cap before the enemy even has a chance to do something 

Angmar_ #15 Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

Corporal

• 20503 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
The ole Lynx is an annoying vehicle to deal with in Frontlines, that's for sure!, I'll have one for the 2nd month at least haha

calm_martian #16 Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• 4467 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

yup, a familiar situation for me in FL is to respawn and find <6 people remaining on the map, with a massive reaming forthcoming hence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users