Should there be a Frontline mode for tier 6 tanks?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TD1 #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9148 battles

Not just because I spend the majority of my time at that tier, but there are more considerations:

-next to Tier 8, tier 6 is probably the most diverse of all the tiers in terms of vehicle types. Just in the US tech tree alone, there are two medium tanks, two tank destroyers, and two light tanks at tier 6, discounting premiums like the M4A3E8 Thunderbolt VII or the Fury. Add in the other nations if you wish to, and it's a very diverse palette of vehicles that are usable for this gamemode.

-Tier 6 vehicles, at least in my experience, are a lot easier to drive than tier 8 vehicles, lower tier and all.

-Sure, more likely to encounter idiotic teammates, but you can argue that idiots will be idiots no matter what tier it is. At least at lower tiers it is more excusable (if not neccesarily more tolerable) because they may have only been playing for the last 3-6 months or so.

-Everyone has at least one tier 6 vehicle (or at least, most people I am aware of has at least one), even if it's just one long-forgotten premium.

-Some of the game's most memorable vehicles lie at that tier. The KV-2 being one of them, the TOG II another, and more.

-Service costs are much more bearable than in tier 8.

For these reasons I personally believe that we should have a Frontline mode for tier 6 tanks. However, I want your opinion on this matter as well.

luftkopf #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

Corporal

• 10278 battles
  • [BROKE] BROKE
I reckon it should rotate through tiers 5 and up. I can think of tanks from all those tiers I’d like to try in Frontline. 

U12D13 #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36359 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
Id like to see if I can get to the other end of the map in my TOG before the timer even runs out.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Dieselnuts #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• 12403 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I think tier 6 FL would be pretty fun. Would be good if the FL seasons could swap between  tiers 6,7,8 every now and then to add some variety. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71420 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Nah, tier 6 is not diverse at all.

Tier 8 we have Defender, Progetto, IS-3, Caernavorn, French autoloaders, S-tanks...

WarMamy #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

Private

• 10897 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Apparently a platoon of At8's can sit in cap and be slam dunked in the face with derp guns.

Yeah seems legit.

But do you know what would be more fun ?

----->>>>Front Lines <> Arta Edition<<<<-----

1.Max out view range for all arta

2.They can spot for themselves

3.Go full [edited] playing M44's

4. Try to ram/one shot/spot/flip all that shit that one can imagine....

The take: No other tank classes just arta!!!!

No cap kill all

Boy would I love to see it happen.

U12D13 #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• 36359 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostWarMamy, on 13 February 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

The take: No other tank classes just arta!!!!

Nah man u ain't thinking hard enough. 

There should be grand battles just for arty. 30 v 30 arty for arty players. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

WarMamy #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:49 PM

Private

• 10897 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

View PostU12D13, on 13 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Nah man u ain't thinking hard enough. 

There should be grand battles just for arty. 30 v 30 arty for arty players. 

Grand Battles- Arta only - All tiers accepted

Tier 6-tier 10

Fv304s shooting at t92 HMCs and running away xD

And HMCs 1 shotting a bunch of tier 6 artys close by

Best mode ever

Should be an event for April fools

TD1 #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9148 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 February 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Nah, tier 6 is not diverse at all.

Tier 8 we have Defender, Progetto, IS-3, Caernavorn, French autoloaders, S-tanks...

That is why I said next to tier 8 lmao

neokai #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40015 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Seriously though, I would love to see a tier 5-6 FL mode because that's where the majority of WW2 tanks are. And this will let me scratch the "large-scale WW2 tank battles" itch.

The 1 thing I'm concerned about is how to integrate it with the present Battle interface - splitting the playerbase among different modes is a bad idea unless they are part of a single queue - or wait times will shoot through the roof.

Spoiler

Kelilipan #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 3693 battles

TTK seems a bit low though on tier 6 with the "special" tanks.

Would probably need to reduce the reinforcement/spawn timers.

Sir_Direkin #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11795 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
You'll probably just have most people driving around in T-34/85Ms anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:00 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Tier 9s please. Relatively balanced, no p2w premiums and plenty of variety. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

mttspiii #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30519 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 13 February 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

You'll probably just have most people driving around in T-34/85Ms anyway.

Yep, T-34/85M's; perfectly balanced excess of speed, armor, and gun. Along with Bromwell plats with disintegrator DPM, Type 64 with almost-infinite view range...what could possibly go wrong?

View PostEzz, on 13 February 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

Tier 9s please. Relatively balanced, no p2w premiums and plenty of variety. 

overkill pen for tier 9 MT's though

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71420 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Bromwell sucks for mid/long distances and corridor so I doubt they will be of a threat

But 85M are pretty standard nowadays

Which reminds me - We don't see many gold spam yet. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Then again I haven't played since the first day so I wouldn't know if it is a goldfest by day 2 already.

Otakubouzu #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:50 PM

Major

• 15936 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 February 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

Bromwell sucks for mid/long distances and corridor so I doubt they will be of a threat

But 85M are pretty standard nowadays

Which reminds me - We don't see many gold spam yet. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Then again I haven't played since the first day so I wouldn't know if it is a goldfest by day 2 already.

Not sure about 'fest' part but feels like indeed more player using gold when i am playing today.

Back to World of Tanks for now.

TD1 #17 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9148 battles

View Postneokai, on 13 February 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Seriously though, I would love to see a tier 5-6 FL mode because that's where the majority of WW2 tanks are. And this will let me scratch the "large-scale WW2 tank battles" itch.

The 1 thing I'm concerned about is how to integrate it with the present Battle interface - splitting the playerbase among different modes is a bad idea unless they are part of a single queue - or wait times will shoot through the roof.

I thought splitting the playerbase into two queues is already something for the tier 8 FL we have now?

And yeah, the majority of the WW2-era vehicles are in that region of tiers.

MadHouse10101 #18 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21204 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostTD1, on 13 February 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Not just because I spend the majority of my time at that tier, but there are more considerations:

-next to Tier 8, tier 6 is probably the most diverse of all the tiers in terms of vehicle types. Just in the US tech tree alone, there are two medium tanks, two tank destroyers, and two light tanks at tier 6, discounting premiums like the M4A3E8 Thunderbolt VII or the Fury. Add in the other nations if you wish to, and it's a very diverse palette of vehicles that are usable for this gamemode.

-Tier 6 vehicles, at least in my experience, are a lot easier to drive than tier 8 vehicles, lower tier and all.

-Sure, more likely to encounter idiotic teammates, but you can argue that idiots will be idiots no matter what tier it is. At least at lower tiers it is more excusable (if not neccesarily more tolerable) because they may have only been playing for the last 3-6 months or so.

-Everyone has at least one tier 6 vehicle (or at least, most people I am aware of has at least one), even if it's just one long-forgotten premium.

-Some of the game's most memorable vehicles lie at that tier. The KV-2 being one of them, the TOG II another, and more.

For these reasons I personally believe that we should have a Frontline mode for tier 6 tanks. However, I want your opinion on this matter as well.

I think if they made a tier 6 version you would find it would quickly die off in popularity, especially on this server. There only running this mode for 1 week every month because this game has a history with different game modes that aren't random battles and its that they die very quickly, which is why they're only doing a week a month so people can get hunger for it and than burn them selfs out of it than come back in a month fresh and ready.

And the fact is there are just way more tier 8s in this game than tier 6s so tier 6s would always be the tier that dies off if you had both making people go back to tier 8 anyway making the tier 6 pointless, plus even with the stale tier 8 meta, I think tier 6 would be even worse, it will just be Cromwell/B, OI's/KV2's, M44 arty and a few of them Chinese prem light tanks I can't remember the name of. you would also have to rework a lot of the consumables for the mode because image getting arty/air striked in tier 6s, its bad enough as it is in a light tank without they are now. Also, I don't see how service cost are an issue, the bulk amount of credits you make in this mode is insane, iv gotten 6mil i think in the last 3 days of playing it for 3 hours or so a day, because you have to factor in as well the rewards you get for leveling up in the mode plus if your like me, selling the large repair/med kits. 

Heres a matchmaking spread btw

Spoiler

AKASHA178 #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:54 AM

Smurfette

• 35804 battles
  • [STEAM] STEAM

View PostTD1, on 13 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

in future WG going to let other tiers to play frontline too but i dont think be under 8, the project suggestion is tier 8,9 and 10 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

TD1 #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9148 battles

View PostMadHouse10101, on 13 February 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

I think if they made a tier 6 version you would find it would quickly die off in popularity, especially on this server. There only running this mode for 1 week every month because this game has a history with different game modes that aren't random battles and its that they die very quickly, which is why they're only doing a week a month so people can get hunger for it and than burn them selfs out of it than come back in a month fresh and ready.

And the fact is there are just way more tier 8s in this game than tier 6s so tier 6s would always be the tier that dies off if you had both making people go back to tier 8 anyway making the tier 6 pointless, plus even with the stale tier 8 meta, I think tier 6 would be even worse, it will just be Cromwell/B, OI's/KV2's, M44 arty and a few of them Chinese prem light tanks I can't remember the name of. you would also have to rework a lot of the consumables for the mode because image getting arty/air striked in tier 6s, its bad enough as it is in a light tank without they are now. Also, I don't see how service cost are an issue, the bulk amount of credits you make in this mode is insane, iv gotten 6mil i think in the last 3 days of playing it for 3 hours or so a day, because you have to factor in as well the rewards you get for leveling up in the mode plus if your like me, selling the large repair/med kits. 

Heres a matchmaking spread btw

Spoiler

I kindly disagree with your opinion.

My intent was not for the tier 6 frontline to be run alongside the tier 8 frontline at the same time. It was more to do with alternating between the two for every "episode". Say, for example, Episode 1 is tier 8, then Episode 2 is tier 6, Episode 3 jumps back to tier 8, and so on. Of course, would be nice if WG announced which tier the next particular episode will be in, say, a week beforehand.

Call me dense for this, but I do not see how what you said about those tanks being the only ones they will play that much of a problem. There are people like me who use whatever they please, because they either dont care about the meta, or they simply want to look different, or whatever reason.

Sure those tanks you said will be often played will be a common sight. But when-if-they die, they have to either wait for it to be repaired or use something else in the meantime while waiting for that tank to be repaired. They wont be the only ones used, I am sure of that.

And that MM spread just confirms what I said- it is the second most diverse tier after tier 8 (spread-wise) and the second concentration area of where players are, closely followed by tier 7, and 5 after that. Infact, tiers 5 to 8 are the only tiers with over 10% concentration according to that graph. 

As for the artillery and airstrike consumables, I think they can just tweak the damage values for it to better fit with tier 6s.

It has been far too long since the mid tiers, tier 6 especially, been given anything but Randoms to play in. All of the fancy stuff like Grand Battles, Ranked Battles and such are always more to tier 10. Its about time WG gives some love for those tier 6 tanks and give them a mode to play in other than Randoms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users