Heavy Tank Categories and MM balance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ranork #1 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 52054 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Whatever happened to WG plans to introduce a Super HT category and use this to balance the MM?

Just in a game where the enemy had 3 super heavy tanks and we had 2 auto loaders only as HT's.

Conan #2 Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10221 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello,

We here in APAC already have different matchmaker rules. Right it is doing quite well in terms of tiers, especially when compared to other. It's not perfect but it's a start. 

To address your question, the Match Making system is being changed up to be more robust. Of course, there's always technical limitations like how many players are on the queue. 

However, in the future, we intend to prioritize MM "comfort" over other parameters such as how fast players get a match. 
This is all work in progress and we are working hard on it. Some of it's results we can already feel like much, much less 3-5-7. 

We're fixing MM via creating better systems and optimizing parameters. 

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

Ezz #3 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
What does 'robust' mean in the context of the mm? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Conan #4 Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10221 battles
  • [WG] WG
Less likely to give weird MM when there are not enough players to fill games, more likely to follow parameters we set. 

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

Ranork #5 Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 52054 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostConan, on 22 February 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Less likely to give weird MM when there are not enough players to fill games, more likely to follow parameters we set. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond Conan, as always much appreciated.

My complaint is not specific to MM but I did read a few years ago of potential re-categorization of HT's into two distinct categories being Super HT's and Support HT's or similar to allow these to be balanced in terms of team balance so one team does not get all the Super HT's (read Maus, E100, Type 5) while the other gets no armour (AMX-50B, T57 Heavy etc).

This has merit in my view and should be explored to further enhance the Team Balance.

U12D13 #6 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• 38676 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostRanork, on 02 March 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond Conan, as always much appreciated.

My complaint is not specific to MM but I did read a few years ago of potential re-categorization of HT's into two distinct categories being Super HT's and Support HT's or similar to allow these to be balanced in terms of team balance so one team does not get all the Super HT's (read Maus, E100, Type 5) while the other gets no armour (AMX-50B, T57 Heavy etc).

This has merit in my view and should be explored to further enhance the Team Balance.

This already taken into account in the current MM system though. Its sub-divided into 3 categories - Super HTs (Maus/Type etc), Standard HT (IS-7, 277, WZ5A etc) and autoloader HTs (50B/57Hvy). Its just not distinctly shown to the players but is considered in  the team balancing. The only exception to this rule that I know of is if the tanks are in a platoon - then it just matches by class (HT/MT/TD etc).

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users