• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

JayRated #1 Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey all!

I have recently streamlined and updated the in-game rules for World of Tanks in the Asia region. As these were last revised several years ago, it's important we keep them up to date to reflect how the game is played as well as the community that plays it in 2019 and beyond.

You can find the full ruleset here, as well as headlining most other Forum Boards.

While most of it stays the same - with some minor contextual updates - the two most notable additions can be found in Section 5 (Inappropriate Conduct In-Game/Fair Play Principles) and are listed below:

5.09 Intentionally and repetitively harassing a specific player over a series of matches.

5.10 Intentionally destroying your own vehicle to avoid being killed by an enemy.

Both of these are added with the aim of fostering a more positive in-game experience for players at all levels and promoting an 'Anti-Toxicity' mindset among the community. You can find out more about examples of this conduct and how it may be sanctioned in Section 7.

Other updates include:

• Specification of and dedicated examples regarding unsportsmanlike conduct in a competitive setting.
  • Specification of unsportsmanlike conduct in a 'shared' account.
  • Removal of the 'Language' section.

Please take a read through the full ruleset to both refresh your memory and familiarise yourself with the updates, as all new/old are in effect as of today. Of course share your comments and feedback below however I will also be happy to respond to questions during my next fortnightly stream on the Wargaming Asia Twitch channel.

Hope you appreciate the changes as much as I have enjoyed implementing them, here's to a more enjoyable World of Tanks experience as a result!

Don't forget to take a friendship bracelet on your way out of the thread. ;)

-JR

Holeinthehead #2 Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:24 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
So how does one report suiciding or griefing ? The automated support system wont help . Having to annoy mods or admins to get things done seems wrong .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

JayRated #3 Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHoleinthehead, on 01 March 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

So how does one report suiciding or griefing ? The automated support system wont help . Having to annoy mods or admins to get things done seems wrong .

Suiciding instances can be submitted under the 'Rigged Battle' (to be renamed Unsportsmanlike Conduct) in the Rule Violation/Report A Player section of Player Support. :)

LeSigh #4 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

...and they will actually take the report now? Not just reject it as 'team damage is covered by the in game without looking at the replay or reading the report?

This account proudly sponsored by WG

JayRated #5 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLeSigh, on 01 March 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

...and they will actually take the report now? Not just reject it as 'team damage is covered by the in game without looking at the replay or reading the report?

They certainly will! Please let me know if otherwise. :)

Twit_ #6 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

Sergeant

• 16944 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
Good work on fixing this up. An extremely frustrating thing that SPG players do is now punishable. TY :great:

TrinityShock #7 Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28856 battles

get ready for a lot of players being banned because they accidentally drowned or drove off cliffs

AC-1 Sentinel needs Buffing NOW

Hate the wheelies, remove them.

I don't play arty anymore since the nerf, but then again I haven't given WG any more money since then either.

Twit_ #8 Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• 16944 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
It is not an automated system, they will look at the incidents on a case by case basis.

View PostTrinityShock, on 01 March 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

get ready for a lot of players being banned because they accidentally drowned or drove off cliffs

LeSigh #9 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Have it on a Sticky note to PM any [edited]i spot doing it tonight.

vvibulu_tawuranbozz #10 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

Private

• 4673 battles
  • [XVARX] XVARX
?

TheBudgiesmuggler #11 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27910 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostJayRated, on 01 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Suiciding instances can be submitted under the 'Rigged Battle' (to be renamed Unsportsmanlike Conduct) in the Rule Violation/Report A Player section of Player Support. :)

So how much time does the support team have because I played 15 games on the HK yesterday morning and had 6 players suicide mainly in SPG

LeSigh #12 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Get the reports in Budgie.  Get the cheats banned or at least warned so it stops.

Ezz #13 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

How do the sanctions work? 7 days for first sanction then perm for any thereafter?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

JayRated #14 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 01 March 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

So how much time does the support team have because I played 15 games on the HK yesterday morning and had 6 players suicide mainly in SPG

Rules are in effect from this release.

View PostEzz, on 01 March 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

How do the sanctions work? 7 days for first sanction then perm for any thereafter?

Same way as a regular chat sanction - 1hr/1/7/30/90days/Perma

Only the 'Extended Harrassment' charge carries a more severe sanction.

TrinityShock #15 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28856 battles

I would rather they fixed the amount of players who go into a battle and then don't play. Sick of games where it's 13 or 14 against 15.

As long as wg keep making stupid missions where you have to win to advance then I don't blame anyone for suiciding and moving onto games where they have a chance of winning.

AC-1 Sentinel needs Buffing NOW

Hate the wheelies, remove them.

I don't play arty anymore since the nerf, but then again I haven't given WG any more money since then either.

Ezz #16 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTrinityShock, on 01 March 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

As long as wg keep making stupid missions where you have to win to advance then I don't blame anyone for suiciding and moving onto games where they have a chance of winning.

Blame or not, at least now support should start punishing them. 

Edited by Ezz, 02 March 2019 - 07:12 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

BorisTheBlade888 #17 Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:02 AM

First lieutenant

• 34953 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
So if you are in an spg, on the losing team, on el halluf - and you head down the cliff with the intention of making half the enemy team cliff dive for you..... but you screw up and accidently drown / crash yourself.... this now counts as you having cheated and you will be sanctioned for it? [edited]??????? If someone on the enemy team reports this - how the hell does support determine what your intention was? Just how they are feeling at the time? And if they're having a bad day you will be facing a ban????? Why would you punish players for making the enemy team work for their food?

Edited by BorisTheBlade888, 02 March 2019 - 07:04 AM.

Ezz #18 Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:13 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 02 March 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

So if you are in an spg, on the losing team, on el halluf - and you head down the cliff with the intention of making half the enemy team cliff dive for you..... but you screw up and accidently drown / crash yourself.... this now counts as you having cheated and you will be sanctioned for it? [edited]??????? If someone on the enemy team reports this - how the hell does support determine what your intention was? Just how they are feeling at the time? And if they're having a bad day you will be facing a ban????? Why would you punish players for making the enemy team work for their food?

Easy, don't go places where you risk drowning yourself.

JayRated #19 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTrinityShock, on 01 March 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

I would rather they fixed the amount of players who go into a battle and then don't play. Sick of games where it's 13 or 14 against 15.

"5.08 Repetitive and excessive passive play" always been a punishable rule. I would recommend you refresh yourself on the ruleset. :)

K4BeeTee #20 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

Corporal

• 8109 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER
JayRated this is a good step in the right direction. It is a miserable thing to do - suicide when your team seems to lose and one of my pet hates in this game. I for one will be keeping a support session open on my other screen.

But while you're at it, if you guys are serious about changing the toxicity in the game environment, you should block the ingame usage of stats as a matter of urgency. asap. It drives a lot of negative and toxic attitudes and behaviours in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users