• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

JayRated #21 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 02 March 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

So if you are in an spg, on the losing team, on el halluf - and you head down the cliff with the intention of making half the enemy team cliff dive for you..... but you screw up and accidently drown / crash yourself.... this now counts as you having cheated and you will be sanctioned for it? [edited]??????? If someone on the enemy team reports this - how the hell does support determine what your intention was? Just how they are feeling at the time? And if they're having a bad day you will be facing a ban????? Why would you punish players for making the enemy team work for their food?

As mentioned above, CS can determine not only whether a player has intentionally or accidentally destroyed their vehicle, but for what purpose. To further corroborate, it is possible for us to also see how many times you have drowned/destroyed your vehicle and in what class, so that can even further support the notion that you have a habit of doing this or have simply like you said attempted to make a risk/reward play towards the end of a battle.

MM_is_Broken #22 Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17893 battles

so i complained to a wg person about someones name months ago because i find it offensive , he agreed it was yet its still there

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

LeSigh #23 Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostK4BeeTee, on 02 March 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

But while you're at it, if you guys are serious about changing the toxicity in the game environment, you should block the ingame usage of stats as a matter of urgency. asap. It drives a lot of negative and toxic attitudes and behaviours in the game.

It's only toxic for someone who is bad. Surely if they are bullied out of top tiers that is a good result?  I'd be stoked if Wargaming bullied people out of top tiers for us.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

LeSigh #24 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

First batch of reports done. Feels good.

K4BeeTee #25 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• 8109 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostLeSigh, on 02 March 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

First batch of reports done. Feels good.

Me too.

K4BeeTee #26 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Corporal

• 8109 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostJayRated, on 02 March 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

As mentioned above, CS can determine not only whether a player has intentionally or accidentally destroyed their vehicle, but for what purpose. To further corroborate, it is possible for us to also see how many times you have drowned/destroyed your vehicle and in what class, so that can even further support the notion that you have a habit of doing this or have simply like you said attempted to make a risk/reward play towards the end of a battle.

If this is true, why am I being asked to submit replays after I've given the players name, date and time and exact details already?

U12D13 #27 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 38676 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostK4BeeTee, on 02 March 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

If this is true, why am I being asked to submit replays after I've given the players name, date and time and exact details already?

What Jay stated is definitely true - there was this "Summary of year 2018" info-graphic sent to players that actually showed the number of times a player has crashed/ drowned to death. However, that alone cannot determine players going against the rules - it can only help to corroborate (or in layman terms, support) the suspicion. Thus, actual proof such as replays/ screenshots need to be submitted for CS to take appropriate action. Its like reporting a crime and providing evidence: Just because I said something that someone did somewhere at some time does not mean its necessarily true. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

LeSigh #28 Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

• 46708 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Another 2. Also taken to PMing them in game with a link to this thread.

K4BeeTee #29 Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

Corporal

• 8109 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostLeSigh, on 02 March 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Also taken to PMing them in game with a link to this thread.

Too much effort. Thats what the first sanction they receive is for. Besides, ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

TrinityShock #30 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28856 battles

View PostJayRated, on 02 March 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

I can see this is going to be as successful as the team killing autoban system where you are assumed to be guilty regardless of the circumstances due to your past history.

5.10 Intentionally destroying your own vehicle to avoid being killed by an enemy.

and what about intentionally going over a cliff to escape enemy fire and taking the chance that you might survive to carry on the battle but dying because you miscalculated where you would land. Are we to not attempt escape but meekly sit there and die? I think there are too many times where the intention was not to suicide but to try to live a little longer that didn't succeed.

Edited by TrinityShock, 02 March 2019 - 09:51 PM.

AC-1 Sentinel needs Buffing NOW

Hate the wheelies, remove them.

I don't play arty anymore since the nerf, but then again I haven't given WG any more money since then either.

Ezz #31 Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
How often does that occur tho? If they are frequent maybe link a few replays of you intending to live longer but accidentally drowning /crashing. 

Edited by Ezz, 02 March 2019 - 10:10 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

JayRated #32 Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTrinityShock, on 02 March 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

I can see this is going to be as successful as the team killing autoban system where you are assumed to be guilty regardless of the circumstances due to your past history.

5.10 Intentionally destroying your own vehicle to avoid being killed by an enemy.

and what about intentionally going over a cliff to escape enemy fire and taking the chance that you might survive to carry on the battle but dying because you miscalculated where you would land. Are we to not attempt escape but meekly sit there and die? I think there are too many times where the intention was not to suicide but to try to live a little longer that didn't succeed.

Again, it is possible for us to determine whether a user has a history/habit of using this tactic to avoid destruction or are simply making a miscalculated risk. While I don't expect this system to be perfect immediately, it will be clear from the evidence/a player's history what that case is in that moment.

Furthermore - as we have always recommended - please keep your replays activated as if ever unfairly reported in this circumstance it would be by far your best defense.

MM_is_Broken #33 Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17893 battles

and ignored nice

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

JayRated #34 Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:17 PM

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 03 March 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

and ignored nice

Slide into my DMs either here or on Discord with a link to the player's profile and I will process it if justified.

DiggityMacDiggFace #35 Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 55517 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Surely this is easy to tell .. you kill yourself either by crashing, drowning or by self-artying. WG should be able to query the results of battles for this information and work out whether this person is a recidivist offender or it was simply an accident. The first thing to do would be to at least reach out to the offending player and inform them of them not following the rules .. 

THEN BAN ALL ARTY!! #justsaying

Profanisaurus #36 Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:45 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Reminds me I have a replay of a BC 12t topping himself yesterday. Shall have to submit it.

Ezz #37 Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm tempted to start playing again just to go on a reporting spree.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #38 Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:08 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
It really is quite satisfying. Not as satisfying as it will be when someone starts a [edited] Wargaming thread once they cop a ban.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 04 March 2019 - 05:08 AM.

Puggsley #39 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I'll start the file collection.

Although it will take a while to be as satisfying a game on Prok in the shitbarn the other day where i unlocked the Chimera.

Raced to the top of the east hill, pressed the "ready to fire" button and a team player Super Conq in the middle re-spotted a AMX M4 51 in F5, who was swatted for 1857hp as an opening salvo. I felt a little peeved he was left on 43hp, but the full health deletion of a T30 to get to 7k damage put the smile back on. 

basil_liddell_hart #40 Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

Corporal

• 36787 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR

View PostJayRated, on 02 March 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

"5.08 Repetitive and excessive passive play" always been a punishable rule. I would recommend you refresh yourself on the ruleset. :)

It may have always been a rule.  However as far as this law goes the concept of desuetude is rather apt. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users