World of Tanks In-Game Rules Update

World of Tanks Rules Toxicity Drowning Stream-Sniping

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

K4BeeTee #81 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

Corporal

• 7563 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER
Surely makes one think they are not really taking action but just ticking the list, copy and paste, mark as resolved and moving on.

Kicking the tyre and booking the time as we used to say back in the day in the workshop.

Edited by K4BeeTee, 30 March 2019 - 12:33 PM.

Ezz #82 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Two more reports in. Anyone want to place bets on what the reply from support will be?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

TheBudgiesmuggler #83 Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27666 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Need to do some about the bots 3 times tonight Bots in tier 5 blocked me from reversing and then push into fire so now I'm blue from killing a bot.... awesome

Puggsley #84 Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• 66998 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Can you post a replay budgie? I cannot figure out how this is happening to you, the bots in the few games I have had are really slow to move out. 

TheBudgiesmuggler #85 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27666 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostPuggsley, on 08 April 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Can you post a replay budgie? I cannot figure out how this is happening to you, the bots in the few games I have had are really slow to move out. 

Had problems in the past posting replays with imgur would wotreplays be able to be posted?

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 08 April 2019 - 09:20 PM.

wasaabi #86 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22237 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 08 April 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

Had problems in the past posting replays with imgur would wotreplays be able to be posted?

Imgur is an image site, replays are not image files.  Use wotreplays.eu and copy the replay link once your replay is uploaded to post in the forums.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

LeSigh #87 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 46245 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Jay? Conan? Can you confirm any action is being taken?  I've had feedback on drowning reports that I should use the in game system which as we all know is just a sop and not actioned. Is this an indication of how much effort WG have been putting into actioning these?

Are these tickets just being ignored? People have been diligent in reporting them but I have seen no summary of action taken and I have seen a number of players who have shown a long running history of suiciding still doing it. Have all those people reporting been wasting their time?

Tonight alone I have seen 3 players drown. It doesn't seem to me to be much of a deterrent if there are no consequences.

Edited by LeSigh, 09 June 2019 - 06:19 PM.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

TheBudgiesmuggler #88 Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:23 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27666 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
So my inquiry is this if some1 sits back a little and decides to snipe instead acting aggressively and that player can now be sanctioned for "passive play", so where is the line going to drawn in the sand is wargaming going to become a nanny game where anything is sanctionable for example look at AFL a spectator is removed by security because he called a umpire a "bald headed flog", I agree with sanctioning suiciding I've got like 5 players to send replays into Wargaming for that, but if a player chooses to hold back for whatever reason you shouldn't banned for it that a childish rule.

Ezz #89 Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:40 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Depends on if they are afk or not and how often they are doing it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Topgunm #90 Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:29 AM

Private

• 85827 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
The plain truth about the preponderance of drowners/suiciders and about imbalanced MM is simply server population. The fewer people there are online the more likely you are to meet the same people/teams. If there are more people online then consequently you are less likely to see the same people and therefore more likely to get a more balanced MM. This is the main reason I don't play on the AU/NZ server, the population is generally too low and you have to wait ages for a battle and are much more likely to see the same people all the time. This is fine if you're one of the better players or are platooned with good player(s) but not so good if you are struggling with the basic game tactics or are continually getting matched up on the opposing team to the good player(s). Remember that every time you click battle there is generally a 50:50 chance of which team you will be placed on.

Ezz #91 Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTopgunm, on 15 June 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

The plain truth about the preponderance of drowners/suiciders and about imbalanced MM is simply server population. The fewer people there are online the more likely you are to meet the same people/teams. If there are more people online then consequently you are less likely to see the same people and therefore more likely to get a more balanced MM. This is the main reason I don't play on the AU/NZ server, the population is generally too low and you have to wait ages for a battle and are much more likely to see the same people all the time. This is fine if you're one of the better players or are platooned with good player(s) but not so good if you are struggling with the basic game tactics or are continually getting matched up on the opposing team to the good player(s). Remember that every time you click battle there is generally a 50:50 chance of which team you will be placed on.

Yes and no. From a population perspective there's only really anecdotal evidence to suggest the ANZ server has better players on it - or for that matter that the spread of ability is markedly different between servers. Chances to meet the same people is an issue, but not sure that's really good or bad necessarily. I don't mind seeing familiar faces personally.

Topgunm #92 Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

Private

• 85827 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
I'm not suggesting that any server has a greater or lesser density of good players and yes seeing friends or familiar faces is usually good but the issue is that if the server population is low and you have, lets say, a 3 man platoon of unicums/super unicums then if you keep playing the same (or close) tiers as them then you are more likely to see them, which can then affect your chance to win quite dramatically. Having said that it's amazing how killing said payer(s) can affect the outcome of the battle. Which brings the xvm stats to the fore, if you can see there is a really good player/platoon then you can focus them down early and re-balance your win chance. Not that I EVER do that ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users