Some more experiments coming to APAC...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #1 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/experiments-in-asia

TLDR: We are going to do something, it wont be gameplay but you may get better rewards per battle. We are listening to all your feedback. But we wont improve gameplay.

Edited by CardinalMite, 28 February 2019 - 10:03 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #2 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Feedback I've thrown regarding rewards many times is that it should be re shaped to encourage good play and discourage bot play. Wg response appears to be - 'look, more candy for everyone'. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ThomChen114 #3 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:54 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36909 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostEzz, on 28 February 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

The feedback I've thrown regarding rewards many times is that it should be reshaped to encourage good play and discourage bot play. Wg response appears to be - 'look, more candy for everyone'. 

How much candy are we talking about here?

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

wasaabi #4 Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:47 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22106 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 01 March 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Feedback I've thrown regarding rewards many times is that it should be re shaped to encourage good play and discourage bot play. Wg response appears to be - 'look, more candy for everyone'. 

This is what is described in the CT 1.4.1 which is more explicit than the general announcement:

"With Update 1.4.1, we're introducing "Random Rewards". As you may have guessed, these will drop with a certain probability when playing Tier V-X vehicles. They will be awarded for a strong performance in battle, so: the more effective your actions and the higher you are in your team by experience earned (top 3, top 5, etc.), the more likely you are to get a Random Reward. After each battle in which you could, but didn't receive a Reward, the probability of getting one in the next battle increases.

Okay, exactly what are these Random Rewards?

To celebrate your performance in battle, you can earn:

• Consumables
  • Credits
  • Bonds
  • And some more"

Read the whole article at https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-1-4-1-common-test-1t/

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #5 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:04 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Mmmmm candy. Random candy, best candy. 

Maybe if wg also started stealing candy from the slow learners it might actually start improving things. Plus it looks like they've realized the BB award doesn't actually incentivise good behaviour so may be punishing resets by giving less candy. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

stewiejp #6 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42749 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
They will be awarded for a strong performance in battle  <--- isn't this a good thing - encouraging "good play"? That's how I read it rather than "candy for everyone". or am I missing something?

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

CardinalMite #7 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:57 AM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles

This is like the old saying about give the people bread and circuses to distract them from how bad things actually are.. or rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic rather than address the whole iceberg issue.

More rewards for good play is nice and all, but this is all about just distracting the community from the fact that they aren't fixing the real problems with the game, that people are actually asking to be addressed.

Also notice that some of these rewards are more encouraging people to skip up tiers, and incentivizing players to do that runs counter to the whole, learn the game before jumping to high tiers thing.

Edited by CardinalMite, 01 March 2019 - 06:23 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

JellyBob_ #8 Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:16 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 45273 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
I don't wanna be an experiment again no no no … I cry when I feel rain …… :ohmy:

Ezz #9 Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:56 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Poststewiejp, on 01 March 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

They will be awarded for a strong performance in battle  <--- isn't this a good thing - encouraging "good play"? That's how I read it rather than "candy for everyone". or am I missing something?

From my reading doing well increases the chance of getting a random reward at some point. However there would need to be a decrease in chance of getting the random reward of you do poorly for such a scheme to actually create an incentive to improve. Eg finish top 5 gain one candy chance. Finish bottom 5 lose one candy chance.

On the blue prints tho,  I'm somewhat curious now, say you get a full blueprint for a tank near the top of the tree but don't have any of the preceeding tanks, does that mean you can skip right to it? Eg if i got a caernblueprint,  could i skip all the crap prior? Edit: i didn't readed it to gooder. "Players won’t be able to research vehicles at random, by this I mean you can’t just skip the whole branch and just research the Tier X. "

Edited by Ezz, 01 March 2019 - 07:16 AM.

Bigglesfliesagain_ #10 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28221 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

mmmmmm........sweet sweet candy.

Takes me back to my Choir Boy days.

Love the idea of testing on our server.

:justwait:

#XVMStatsMatter

#DepthMatters

#Are[InsertClanNameHere]Recruiting

CardinalMite #11 Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles
I wonder if these random rewards will be only awarded in random battles, or will they also occur in other battle modes, e.g. Frontlines?

Del_McSpeck #12 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:01 AM

Corporal

• 19929 battles
  • [REF] REF
I agree with the notion that the chance should be decreased if you do poorly. But instead of where you place on the leader board, it should be based on the damage or spotting you do or the experience you earn, so when everyone does good in a battle, people don't get penalized. The decrease is so that bots don't get these rewards.

BrutalOlyx #13 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32699 battles

I would like a system like Ranked Battles, where the top three players by XP on the losing team are treated as winners (Full XP and Credits as well as being statistically treated as a winner), and the bottom three players on the winning team are treated as losers.

If I play out of my socks and have a great game, why should I be punished, while the AFK turkey on the other team, (that was AFK because he was making a sandwich or talking on the phone), get rewarded?

Reward for good play is a good direction, I say go further and start punishing the bots,.

Zynth #14 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25253 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Asia is now the post-CT-CT server.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Profanisaurus #15 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:56 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

- Tier 7 tank barbie - Yay

- Blueprints?  Why?  Too many idiots fail (or bot) their way to top tiers already. It's bad enough new players get launched straight into tier 6 without now giving them a way of fluking a quicker run to a future career of being 43% in an E100 by giving them an XP discount.
- More rewards, meh. As Ezz says stop the sub 45%ers failing their way up the tiers would be a better balance for effort.

- Crew skins?  Bahahahahaha. The genius that decided that was something anyone wants should be packaged up and sent to a software development house in Yakutsk, what a joke.

stewiejp #16 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42749 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Fairly certain I read somewhere (one of the blogs or maybe an EU forum post) that blueprints could only be redeemed if you were "up to" that tank - ie if you were at Tier 6 you could use the blueprints for Tier 7 once that line's 6 was fully researched but not Tier 8, 9 or 10 until you got to the preceding tank. That or the blueprints would only be awarded for the tanks you already have researched (which would convert to the national or free ones) or the tank you were grinding towards. The idea being that someone who is currently at Tier 4 would not suddenly be able to XP an 8, 9 or 10. At least i hope that's what I read... 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

Profanisaurus #17 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

My read was you can't skip tiers but you can significantly reduce the efforts required to move up the tiers.

Based on the game I had last night with 7 sub 44% players in a tier 8 and 9 game - many with way less than 2000 battles - it's already too easy to fail your way into ruining the game for others.

Ezz #18 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Maybe it should be the other way around. Do consistently poorly and the XP requirements go up...

Sir_Direkin #19 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostProfanisaurus, on 01 March 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

Based on the game I had last night with 7 sub 44% players in a tier 8 and 9 game - many with way less than 2000 battles - it's already too easy to fail your way into ruining the game for others.

Welcome to the club:teethhappy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Profanisaurus #20 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Take your win rate, multiply it by 2, divide by 100 and times your XP by that for each game. A 50%er stays where they are, a 40%er  takes 20% longer to grind anything. Chuck in a zero return for zero effort calculation and a zero return for drowning or self immolation and you're making a start on appropriate rewards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users