New Swedish mediums discussion

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Ezz #121 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's kinda like a hellcat. Squishy and awkward at times, but very good at vision and a sweet gun.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #122 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72610 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 15 May 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

It's kinda like a hellcat. Squishy and awkward at times, but very good at vision and a sweet gun.

Actually, very much so yes. Good comparison. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Angmar_ #123 Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• 19714 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
Yeah, the reload time is good for tracking how long you're spotted. I just wish the turret could bounce even just the occasional shot

Edited by Angmar_, 15 May 2019 - 02:32 PM.

Angmar_ #124 Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• 19714 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
The hellcat turret can actually bounce shots off the gun mantlet though :P

Ezz #125 Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:53 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAngmar_, on 15 May 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yeah, the reload time is good for tracking how long you're spotted. I just wish the turret could bounce even just the occasional shot

To be honest i started off under the 'hey cool, it's like a medium version of the sort of bouncy heavies' and had hoped it would bounce once or twice so could play at brawl distance with the turret. But sadly that was a no go. Between the fiddlyness of the suspension and the cheese of the turret you really just have to be playing at 100m+ sort of ranges when possible.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #126 Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Captain

• 28806 battles

Finding that while it is great in randoms, it doesn't super suit Frontlines. Not everyone may feel the same but I find that high dpm matters in this mode especially if latency is a problem.

A miss really costs with low dpm high alpha and while the shell velocity is great to help hit that does not really help at cap brawl range where the prestige xp mostly lies.

It isn't horrible and perfectly serviceable but auto/re-loaders/fast firing tanks seem to work best at grinding FL.

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 May 2019 - 03:11 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #127 Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 15 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Finding that while it is great in randoms, it doesn't super suit Frontlines. Not everyone may feel the same but I find that high dpm matters in this mode especially if latency is a problem.

A miss really costs with low dpm high alpha and while the shell velocity is great to help hit that does not really help at cap brawl range where the prestige xp mostly lies.

It isn't horrible and perfectly serviceable but auto/re-loaders/fast firing tanks seem to work best at grinding FL.

You want brawling for FL. If you want to play snipey there are heaps of far better options.

Puggsley #128 Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
About the only time I got that to bounce anything was off the UFP when you parked at about 40 degrees and could cover the drive wheel. T9 is pretty bouncy with the top turret.

spacewolf #129 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72610 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm at the tier 9 now and am finding it very gumby stock, but that's pretty typical of a stock tank. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as the 8. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

CelestiaLudenberg #130 Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 21774 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

The tier 9 has armour you can actually use, but don't rely on it too much.

Artillery completely shits on it, and I know it does to every tank, but these moreso than anything I've played, regularly splashed from 5m for 500-600.

The gun of the tier 9 is also weak, the DPM isn't great, the gun handling on paper seems nice, but the accuracy is very unreliable and the penetration is awful. Standard APCR with low penetration and low shell velocity, then the gold APCR still has the same shell velocity, and it has less penetration than the standard rounds of most of the other 105mm tier 9 mediums, meaning if you can't pen with your regular APCR, like against a Japanese HT/German HT/V4 line etc, you still won't be able to pen with gold anyway.

I'm still doing well with it, but it feels like it is requiring a lot more work to hold above 3k DPG than it should, maybe that is a good thing idk.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

Angmar_ #131 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• 19714 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
Having to face obj 907's in the Udes 16 is a joke. But that's probably just down to the 907 being OP af.

Angmar_ #132 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• 19714 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
So now with the top gun and the top turret on the Udes 16, it's still a frustrating experience. I just miss shot after shot after shot after shot, fully aimed up close trying to hit weak spots because the tank doesn't have Russian HEAT rounds. I'm lucky if 1/10 hits near the centre of the reticle.

Ezz #133 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's a patience medium. Not a snappy peak and shoot style. Find a ridge, know what's on the other side, and either abuse them slowly with impunity or look for other options. It's still relatively mobile so you can pick and choose (depending on map) what and where you want to engage.

Angmar_ #134 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

Corporal

• 19714 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
So I think as much as the gun annoys me, the biggest frustration is that HEAT rounds just ignore the armour and defeats the point of well angled armour

Edited by Angmar_, 21 May 2019 - 06:57 PM.

FramFramson #135 Posted Yesterday, 04:38 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Is anyone else finding the UDES 15/16 underwhelming compared to the T9 and T8? I had a great time in those, but the 15/16 just seems way clunkier.

The gun handling feels good, but the accuracy seems woeful so it doesn't actually make for a good sniper. It's reasonably mobile, but not fast enough to make up for the lack of armour when exposed or when trying to reach forward positions. The camo is better than other TX MTs, but not by enough to really make an actual difference in games vs other TX MTs with reasonable camo (even with full camo and view skills, I've been out spotted behind bushes by 140's Prog 65's Leopards, etc. often enough to know the camo isn't any more effectively dependable than those tanks). Also the front hull isn't nearly as sloped as the T9, with that huge flat LFP, so I really feel like I'm struggling to get those Swede angle-bounces, even when hulldown.

Managed to drag mine back up to a 50% WR after a bad run, but eh, really thinking of selling it. Just feels like it doesn't have anything going for it, except in extreme hulldown head-to-head wars and even then HE or ARTY just wreck your day. I suspect those who enjoy the British playstyle probably would do better than me, but that's not really my thing, as I hate being so pigeonholed into a role.

Edited by FramFramson, Yesterday, 04:40 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users