Is Himmelsdorf the only map available at T2?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Grumps_1963 #1 Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

Private

• 836 battles

A mate at work talked me into playing WOT. I did the training program and ended up with a T6 tank in a couple of days.

The thing is, I know that I am not a T6 player yet, so I went back to the start of my tech tree with the goal of learning to play the game at the low level and working up to where the much better gamers are.

At T6 I am the numpty that everyone complains about.

I have all of the german T2 tanks now however, the only map that the MM is offering up is Himmelsdorf. I play 6 - 8 straight games and the only map is Himmelsdorf. Not too bad if you are working on Light and mediums. Trying to learn SPG and TD play and research the tech tree at 0 battle contribution and 5 - 20 xp per game is stupid.

If I go back to the tanks "earned" in the training program gives me lots of other maps but as soon as I go back to T2 to learn and earn then I am back on Himmelsdorf.

What is going on? 

Profanisaurus #2 Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

le sigh

• 2016 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
A "friend" of mine definitely had a tier 2/3 game on mines last night, on AU platooned. He has also seen Abbey in the last week with tier 2s on both AU and HK. You may just be suffering bad luck.

Bert_Olio #3 Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• 6164 battles

T2 in my experience is an even spilt between Himmelsdorf, Mines and Abbey. 

Though I distinctly remember feeling like I got nothing but Himmelsdorf when I tried to grind arty.

TDs aren't bad on Himmelsdorf. Play on the 2/3 line road or the train tracks. Just always make sure to hide as soon as you have fired.

Grumps_1963 #4 Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

Private

• 836 battles
Thanks for the tips. Finally made enough to move to T3 but I have a lot to learn.

Ezz #5 Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66880 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostGrumps_1963, on 08 March 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips. Finally made enough to move to T3 but I have a lot to learn.

Nice. Stay patient. There is a lot of depth to learn about the game that really adds to the enjoyment. Set your sights on the learning element rather than trying to rush up the tiers and you'll enjoy the game far more.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Hype_ #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8609 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
You're taking the right approach to WoT mate, good stuff

BadTeddy #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• 39269 battles
  • [SNAFU] SNAFU

Excuse me if you know this already, but if I was starting over again I'd try to play in a platoon as often as possible, and work on getting your commander the 6th sense skill; the latter is such an OP crew skill I'm surprised WG hasn't nerfed it in some way, as it can be used to both know when you are spotted or as a way of finding enemies (i.e. by ducking out from behind cover and exposing your tank to where you think an otherwise unspottable enemy might be hiding). Also understand how camo works, especially firing behind a double-bush.

Grumps_1963 #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

Private

• 836 battles

I link up with my mate whenever I can, but he is also grinding his higher tier tanks.

I have to admit that my SA is often lacking and I get flanked or I suddenly find that I am last man standing for a team that evaporated in 2 - 3 minutes. There regularly seems to be a big mismatch in the teams skills and one side or the other gets obliterated very quickly.

I am not complaining when I am on the winning side but usually I am not (about a 44% win rate and last night managed my 50th game where I survived). In my T6 freebie for completing boot camp I have a 32% w/r and I think a 0% survival rate.

I am starting to get the hang of the tank dancing but I am still a hopeless street fighter. Slow reaction time on the keyboard doesn't help.

A youtube how to video showed me not to fire until my camo net is deployed.

It is a struggle to get my crew to 100% so that I can add 6th sense to the commander only my boot camp crew have any skills/perks.

CaptainNoch_01 #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

Sergeant

• 20953 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Not quite so, although Himmelsdorf seems to be the more probable map that you might get when playing low tiers. 

Other maps that I am aware of are Mines, Abbey and maybe Ruinberg (this I am not sure if it is still in the rotation for Tier 2). There is also that Mittengard map (I think). I am guessing you have not played Tier 2 that much which could lead you to think that Himmelsdorf is the only available map since you have such a small pool of battles to make a conclusion out of.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Profanisaurus #10 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

le sigh

• 2016 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Mittengard was never HDed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users