NOOB , this is ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

_Sp4rtacus_ #1 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles

First time here , get slaughtered pretty much .

All these war games (world of tanks etc) are the same , you it seems either grind away for loooong hours to get a decent tank or purchase one . Then if i purchase 1 can i use it in non-premium games ?

TBH i'd rather pay $89:00 for a game and pay for DLC packs to stop this rubbish .

So in saying that can i purchase a tank for X dollars and clean up by sheer power of the projectile and armor of a purchased tank ?

If the idea is to give you the game for free and spend X on a tank im ok with that but can it be used on Free and prem accounts ?

Assuming you have a good tank and win games you can make enough coin to maintain it to continue the game ?

Otherwise last night i played will be my first and last on this game and the last time i play any of these type of games

Just deleted Warhammer for pretty much the same reason .

It seems it is the developers intent on milking you for every cent you are willing to part with ,BUT then can you play with no more coin needed (if purchasing a decent tank) ?

So for games these days $89:00 DLC packs $25-59 say , so say 100 bucks to play the game at an equal footing , with tank games it should be first to see wins (besides the use of cover of course)

So is their anybody here that can convince me to keep playing this game , given that the graphics are not $89:00 material anyway .

Sigh 

P.S just checked out the price of tanks .

RHM. SKORPION G - SUPREME for $158:43 , rofl , ok apart from the laugh i get is that even a kick A$$ tank ? 

Edited by Sp4rtacus_1, 11 March 2019 - 09:05 PM.

Bash_sh #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

First lieutenant

• 26999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

WG love people like you !! it's whats keeps them making money

Premium tanks do not make you win.

spacewolf #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:03 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72976 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

To answer your question, the only reason you'd stay is if you like inflicting pain on yourself.

The skorp is not a good choice for new players, you will hate it. If you're going to spend money, buy a Defender (Obj 252). Otherwise just keep your money and spend it on another game.

The grind is long, but the game can be rewarding if you're willing to put effort in. The reward you'll reap is directly proportionate to the effort you invest. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Zynth #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:46 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25820 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 11 March 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

All these war games (world of tanks etc) are the same , you it seems either grind away for loooong hours to get a decent tank or purchase one . Then if i purchase 1 can i use it in non-premium games ?

TBH i'd rather pay $89:00 for a game and pay for DLC packs to stop this rubbish .

So in saying that can i purchase a tank for X dollars and clean up by sheer power of the projectile and armor of a purchased tank ?

If the idea is to give you the game for free and spend X on a tank im ok with that but can it be used on Free and prem accounts ?

Don't understand what you mean by "non-premium games" and "'used on free and premium accounts". Premium tanks are thrown in the same games with normal tanks and there is no need to own a premium account to play a premium tank.

Even then, money is not supposed to buy you a tank that is a cut above the rest. That's pay to win and generally a bad model. Unfortunately, Wargaming being Wargaming, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that they wanted more money and have introduced some premium tanks which are better than their tech tree counterparts. Infamous example being the Defender.

The game is trying to milk you, obviously that's the point of a free to play model. We give you a free game, but we put pressure on you to make purchases in order to progress faster. Premium accounts and premium tanks allows you to earn more credits and exp. Gold allows you to exchange free exp. It is entirely possible to progress completely free to play, just that progress is slower.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

_Sp4rtacus_ #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles

Cheers , with some mods to the default U.S tank and crew perks i pulled 11 wins in a game and averaged 4-5 kills on my second day .

So i'll see how it go's , tank games are good but this ? Be better if their was no Red/Blue tag to show where the player actually is 

spacewolf #6 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72976 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

There's no red/blue tag as such. You have an idea of spawn, and generally certain tanks go to certain spots on most maps.

Do some you tube searching and learn the maps - at 35 games  you can actually do some good background work now to make yourself a pretty decent player. Learn the maps, learn what various tanks can and cannot do, and you'll likely get quite a bit out of the game. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

_Sp4rtacus_ #7 Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles

So it only shows tank location when a tank has fired , until then , no ? (red / green) tag i meant .

Also whats the diff between prem and normal accounts as do the map rotation etc ?

P.S note to self dont tier up without fully researching tank .

Tier to the M3 LEE with non rotating turret , re-sold for half the price as a dud , then find/s out its the only stepping stone to a heavy tank :-/

Edited by Sp4rtacus_1, 13 March 2019 - 08:00 PM.

spacewolf #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72976 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

difference between normal and premium account is the increase in xp and credits gained at each battle. And a cleaner garage.

No difference to MM, maps, opponents, the colour of the sky, or how many birds fly over head.

Proudly sponsored by WG

neokai #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

Spoiler

_Sp4rtacus_ #10 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles

Another noob mistake done .

Looked at Tech trees and figured Germany has good tech 10 tanks so got a teir 3 german tank and thought i'd put it into battle , spent 250,000 on optics as i have them on my U.SA tank and their good and 50,000 on camo net .

So tbh wasted 350,000 , because the tank as it is is rubbish , i should have tried the tank vanilla before spending credits on extras , Wasted credits .

U12D13 #11 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39490 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 25 March 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Looked at Tech trees and figured Germany has good tech 10 tanks so got a teir 3 german tank and thought i'd put it into battle , spent 250,000 on optics as i have them on my U.SA tank and their good and 50,000 on camo net .

So tbh wasted 350,000 , because the tank as it is is rubbish , i should have tried the tank vanilla before spending credits on extras , Wasted credits .

If u bought Binocular Telescopes and Camo Net, they are demountable and can be transferred between tanks for free. So you can just demount and use on whatever tank you decide to move to. Its not stuck on a particular tank unless it is denoted as "complex equipment". 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

wasaabi #12 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22320 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 25 March 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I suggest you have a thorough read of the wiki at https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Tanks and also the FAQ at http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/79669-new-player-frequently-asked-questions/

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Profanisaurus #13 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Also German doesn't have good tier 10s. There are some quite memey tanks in the Maus and the various E100s but the Maus is probably the only one that is particularly viable in the current meta.

The 60TP is a better E100. The Panzer VII is just kind of meh and out matched by the Russian Heavies. The E50M is good for ramming but has poor mobility and guns that don't compare to russian hover meds or auto loader or auto reloaders. The Leopard has mobility but is made of tinfoil. You can get the same gun quality on better platforms.

The RHM Pz is the worst tier 10 light, the Jagd is amusing but immobile and the size of a house, the UK 183mm make a bigger hole and are more mobile, and the armour on the Jagd is easily negated by gold.  The grille isn't as good in real life as it is on paper because hiding and camo sniping is non existent on corridor maps.

That just leaves the GW E100 which is a tier 10 SPG so meh.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Zynth #14 Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25820 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

If you're not buying things when on discount, you're wasting credits.

Buy tanks on discount, buy equipment on discount, invest in consumables when they are on discount.

You only have yourself to blame. Not researching enough, not planning enough and buying things on impulse. Financial planning is important, neglect at your own peril.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Vindictus_Maximus #15 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• 5359 battles

OP,

Dont buy a tier8 tank, at least nt yet because you will be up against lots of really skilled players and you will get killed and frustrated very quickly.

What you want to do for your first 1000 battles is stick mainly to tier4 tanks, maybe the odd game in tier5 tanks.

I highly recommend the Luchs (tier4 german light tank) shooting the 3cm machine gun.

The P43 Italian medium tank

also get the M44 American SPG.

All three of those are good tanks if you just want to fire the standard ammo. You will definitely be very cometitive and you will make some profit most games too. Also, play on the ANZ server because you get practice against the bots.

But seriously, do not try to advance up beyond tier6 for a few thousand games. This way you will be able to develop your skills and earn some credits to buy the equiptment you need for later tier tanks. And forget the german tanks - they all suck. The best lines are the Russian and Italian medium tank lines IMO

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 25 March 2019 - 02:24 PM.

CaptainNoch_01 #16 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• 21160 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 11 March 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

Assuming you have a good tank and win games you can make enough coin to maintain it to continue the game ?

Otherwise last night i played will be my first and last on this game and the last time i play any of these type of games

Just deleted Warhammer for pretty much the same reason .

It seems it is the developers intent on milking you for every cent you are willing to part with ,BUT then can you play with no more coin needed (if purchasing a decent tank) ?

So for games these days $89:00 DLC packs $25-59 say , so say 100 bucks to play the game at an equal footing , with tank games it should be first to see wins (besides the use of cover of course)

So is their anybody here that can convince me to keep playing this game , given that the graphics are not $89:00 material anyway .

Sigh 

P.S just checked out the price of tanks .

RHM. SKORPION G - SUPREME for $158:43 , rofl , ok apart from the laugh i get is that even a kick A$$ tank ? 

You're new yet you're letting yourself get frustrated by premium items? The game is free. They need to get some income from somewhere. And yes, you can play your premium tanks like you do with a non-premium tank. The only differences being 1) you spent money/gold to purchase them, 2) you enjoy the benefits of extra credits and crew xp per game.

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 12 March 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Cheers , with some mods to the default U.S tank and crew perks i pulled 11 wins in a game and averaged 4-5 kills on my second day .

So i'll see how it go's , tank games are good but this ? Be better if their was no Red/Blue tag to show where the player actually is 

I can tell you, no matter how many skills your crew have, your wins won't be a guarantee. I've played vanilla tanks before and still get good results. It is all on you. Upgrades and crew skills simply put you on an advantage.

The tank tags are there to point out who is and isn't your ally. This is still a game after all. And they only appear on your screen if they've been spotted by you or your allies. 

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 13 March 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

So it only shows tank location when a tank has fired , until then , no ? (red / green) tag i meant .

Also whats the diff between prem and normal accounts as do the map rotation etc ?

P.S note to self dont tier up without fully researching tank .

Tier to the M3 LEE with non rotating turret , re-sold for half the price as a dud , then find/s out its the only stepping stone to a heavy tank :-/

With premium account, you earn more credits and experience per game regardless of the tank. It helps to speed up your progress up the tech trees. Map rotation isn't affected. And yes, don't rush up the tree, nor make rushed decisions. The tech tree is there for a reason; to help you make informed decisions on how you can best progress up to a certain tank, especially at the lower tiers where the trees often interchange with one another.

In fact, it is two noob mistakes, one being you wasted your credits mindlessly and that you didn't choose to dismount your equipment (or atleast try). And to be honest, at lower tiers, I won't generally recommend spending a fortune on equipment. It is best to learn the game first and accumulate your credits, or you may find yourself unable to purchase the next tank up the tree.

And lastly, the top tier German tanks aren't necessarily good. Russian tanks are better and for a popular reason that all WoT players start to believe after playing for a while.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Holeinthehead #17 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55249 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Your best bet is to reach out here in the forums for someone to help . The wealth of knowledge these players have can help you get on a even footing and give you great insight . If I'm on I'd be happy to drag you into discord and spend some time with you . Can use training rooms so you have time and don't have the stress of other players .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

_Sp4rtacus_ #18 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles

Hi CaptainNoch_01 what did you mean my  " dismount your equipment " could i have used the camo net from my U.S tank on a new tank instead of buying another ? Is it the same with binoculars/optics ?

Yes waster $350'000 credits . Tbh someone could literally spend thousands on this game looking at some of the tanks for sale @ around $150 prem upgrades etc which is rather ridiculous on any game . I kept hearing German tanks are the best 

so sorta went in . Noob mistakes abound . been doing ok - ish  in my M2 Medium tank  .

So yer been thinking about buying a tank , tier V or so , so it seems its tier (1-4) ( 5-?) etc , so i could buy a tier tank still not knowing how it would perform in tier V battles as i can see the stats as in firepower , survivability etc stats i see in game ?

So you can make mistakes in this game that cost real $$$ . Like i said to have my garage full of tier 5-10 tanks could easily cost $2000 real dollars lol @ that . Wish their was an alternative to this thats the same with DLC as with most games , this platform is not much short of robbery . I've liked tank games since Atari days , played [some other game not worth mentioning] for a day and thought i'd try this , its good but not $$$$ good .

Rant over , i can buy a camo net of wish for 40 bucks , on this game 50'000 credits , i have ALREADY purchased a camo net for another tank this at the very least should be interchangeable from a garage or so ?

So my gripe is ( and i guess im lucky i got a reasonable tier 3 tank that is fun to play ) that boot camp should be expanded to include tech tree traps , insights etc , it really is walking blind to new players such as myself to make a myriad of mistakes .

I'll continue to use the forums , but tbh i shouldnt have need of the forum apart from some basic tips and joining clans etc . The game fails to fully train in technology side of things so much so it seems this very post is a ramble of trying to express what im really trying to say.

So hope you can make sense of what im trying to say ?

Recapping 

1:- purchased a camo net is it interchangeable from tank to tank and civ to civ ?

2:-purchased a telescopic binocular , is that to interchangeable from tank to tank and civ to civ ?

Can understand the binocular being fixed to a tank but dont see the camo net being a fixed object .

Apart from that spending real dollars on tanks is a nightmare waiting to happen as i cant try tier v+ games without a tank to suit and the grind is some 14'5000 experience point grind and purchasing a tank to indulge in tier V is in effect a gamble 

Ezz #19 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68042 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Binocs, nets and toolbox are interchangeable and can be demounted as many times as you like.

The other stuff like optics requires 10 gold to demount. Or you can destroy it but of course that can get a bit expensive.

Edited by Ezz, 25 March 2019 - 07:14 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sp4rtacus_ #20 Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Sergeant

• 5327 battles
So i can demount from one tank then mount on another tank even between different civs ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users