• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10149 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi Everyone, 

With episode 2 rolling down, we would really like to hear your thoughts. Wheeled vehicles changed a lot of the gameplay? Attacking forces getting high win rates? Please do let us know how you feel, your suggestions, your reactions.

Last episode's feedback (all thanks to you guys) was the best HQ ever received and now we have to follow up with another one to help make Frontline better 

Thank you for sharing. 

More information on Episode 2 can be found in our portal.

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

CardinalMite #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Based on what I saw last night, defending side was winning quite a lot, however it seemed fairly even overall. Might have just been team RNG.

Capture point C seems very hard to take compared to A or B.

Some of the respawn locations were very harsh in mid game (D, E,F) in that you seemed to be a bit too far from the action at the time of spawn.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67360 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Overloading of flanks happened all the time basically to the point where people clearly didn't care about the battle, just about farming. I found attackers usually won but I didn't really keep track. Except for one battle where my team took a sum total of one cap in the entire battle. And as noted above it was very clear some people had either no clue what the objectives were or just didn't care.

Also not sure all the consumables are required. They seem more of an annoyance than something that enhances gameplay. 

Edited by Ezz, 12 March 2019 - 03:48 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

The_average_tanker #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12831 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
My preliminary observation is that battles are ending faster. Very much faster. i think WG may have more concrete evidence regarding this than my confirmation bias.

_Bullitt_ #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

Private

• 4137 battles
In my opinion wheeled vehicles will destroy front line game mode, suggestion to limit the number per front similar to what is applied to SPG.

' Pamwe Chete '

OpenDoorPolicy #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

Private

• 6682 battles
Wheeled vehicles have destroyed this game mode. Several of them in one zone mean you may as well give up. What is the point of allowing wheeled defenders to drive into the spawn areas, spot everything and even shoot vehicles that have just spawned and are trying to move to a location? The mode is supposed to be about capturing a cap zone not one side trying to defend its ****ing spawn zone. Also wheeled vehicles are so fast that if you happen to survive when a zone is lost, you can't even get to a defensible spot for the next zone before some wheeled vehicle is right on you. Just a terrible game mechanic.

LeSigh #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 46305 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
A, Stop C Attackers spawning in line with the cap to the right when the enemy defenders have the very right side and are beyond the C cap.
B, Stop the Attackers from shooting the 3 gun from the DE edge.

Two pretty basic development flaws that any small amount of testing would have uncovered and one of which existed last month and never got fixed. I am frankly stunned that B has been left.
This account proudly sponsored by WG

The_average_tanker #8 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12831 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
Also playing the same map is getting boring and there are 8 more episodes still to come. i think some more maps would be nice.

OpenDoorPolicy #9 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

Private

• 6682 battles
Plus why do you allow team (usually wheeled vehicles again) from say contested Zone E to blast into captured Zone B and from there zap into captured Zone A *behind* people spawning in A or in A moving to attack D? What is the logic in that? It makes no sense for people moving from A to attack D to have to fight in two directions. What is the point of capturing a zone? May as well make Frontline into that horrible map in a bowl that tier one and two used to have to play.

U12D13 #10 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 38389 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
1) B cap is still very unbalanced with the opening cap rush being overly sucessful without any chance for defenders to be in any position to do much about it.

2) Players still exploiting the Gun 3 long range destruction tactic. Practically impossible to defend Gun 3 as such.

3) Arty still being overly effective at farming General rank.

4) Protection zones (captured areas) should be cordoned off from defending teams (maybe 60 sec timer etc) to prevent spawn camping

5) Likewise for defending objectives from attacking teams. Just because one flank broke through, wheeled LTs now can exploit and destroy all objectives when in cases, the defending team actually has no option to spawn close to or at the objective to defend before it is destroyed. (Eg, row A gets taken to objective 1 so objs are open. A plat of 3x 6x6 Lynx rushes in via  row A, and head direct to gun 5. Base C has not been capped so Defenders spawn at front of Zone F. No one can get there in time before they take out gun 5 and half of gun 4 even if the team responds immediately after the first shot is fired at the guns). I suggest only opening the objective in that specific row IF at least the first Base (ABC) of that row is capped, this is for fair respawn locations for the Defenders to react to threats.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

SgtGuffey #11 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Corporal

• 18107 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Wow WG, what have you done? FL battles ending in minutes, packs of highly mobile wheelies & LT's zurging everywhere. I guess the top 10% of the player-base will be super-happy but the bulk of your player-base will soon be over this.

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #12 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29113 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostConan, on 12 March 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hi Everyone, 

With episode 2 rolling down, we would really like to hear your thoughts. Wheeled vehicles changed a lot of the gameplay? Attacking forces getting high win rates? Please do let us know how you feel, your suggestions, your reactions.

Last episode's feedback (all thanks to you guys) was the best HQ ever received and now we have to follow up with another one to help make Frontline better 

Thank you for sharing. 

More information on Episode 2 can be found in our portal.

why bother having FL open on both servers during primetimes? AUS is dead of people because of this: there is only ever one game of FL running on AUS between server pop of 700-1k the rest of the time its 20-30 people sitting in a que for 20 minutes, or raging and leaving AUS to go to HK where there are games..... last year, you ran timezones: AUS open (HK/SG was closed for FL) then after a certain time you shut the AUS FL zone. reopening SG, having given AUS games. and decent Population for multiple games and LESS QUE TIMES!

if possible can this not be re-jigged back? so that both servers while running seperate time slots, can get decent games ffs.

iv observed one feedback from EU, and tbh its hit pretty hard. i fully agree with the comments made by this member. 

this is some serious issues this guy raises, adding in, almost the new Wheeled light tanks alongside progettos in this argument is also advised please.. wg please consider this. not just from EU. but from all other servers:

View PostLeSigh, on 12 March 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

A, Stop C Attackers spawning in line with the cap to the right when the enemy defenders have the very right side and are beyond the C cap.
B, Stop the Attackers from shooting the 3 gun from the DE edge.

Two pretty basic development flaws that any small amount of testing would have uncovered and one of which existed last month and never got fixed. I am frankly stunned that B has been left.

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Ezz #13 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67360 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Personal opinion on the grind is a combo of the above - it's long, but made worse by what the predictable gameplay appears to have devolved into. Make it tier 9s for next month and it could breathe some fresh air into what has become a bit of a stale credit yolo fest.

Edited by Ezz, 12 March 2019 - 07:17 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

TheBudgiesmuggler #14 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27710 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

I agree last Frontline you could with a short wait get a game of FL on ANZ this month its a ghost town on the ANZ for FL so I'm forced to suffer 150 ping and latency on the HK, thanks Wargaming you clearly don't give a shit about ANZ player base. Also yes the FL10 are causing havoc but just like pubbies they get focused on and dealt with like any other light tank.

I have an issue ever since FL began that once a zone is taken defenders have a time limit to vacate this time limit should be continuous the defenders have lost the zone they shouldn't be allowed to access it, its now enemy territory.

Also I've noticed a glitch where players are sitting in the "no go zone" where attackers spawn and no airstrikes on them, they just sit in the spawn area and farm players as they appear.....

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 12 March 2019 - 07:05 PM.

calm_martian #15 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• 3858 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

I tried a few on HK server but playing on such large and open maps with that latency is awful.

ANZ server is dead.

No FL for me :/

Conan #16 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10149 battles
  • [WG] WG
Alright thanks guys. I cannot fully address everything yet. However, we're looking into making small adjustments in the upcoming episodes. 
I also personally feel that Wheeled Vehicles have changed the game quite noticeably (I'm not a fan, lol). So keep the feedback coming please. We will make sure the devs hear us. 

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

WarMamy #17 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Corporal

• 12000 battles

The grind has increased

-> Since the game times have considerably come down

-> Not able to reach higher ranks consistently 

-> Less xp gained

-> which in turn increases the number of battles to be played to reach levels

-> RNG screws up game times, some times its faster some times it drags on

-> Inconsistent gameplay

-> More time needs to be spent

-> Not all have time to grind away 30 levels

-> 8 more episodes with the same xp requirement.

Maybe you can do an xp multiplier 

-> Like maybe higher the prestige point faster the xp grind is to climb up the levels

for example

-> if you reach Prestige 2

then you get 0.2x with the xp received each game to level up

-> If you reach Prestige 3

then you get 0.4x with the xp received each game to level up

something like that, that boosts you or rewards you for playing each season.

You can tweak the xp multiplier bonus to get a smooth ride throughout the episodes.

It does not mean you will see multiple players reaching higher prestige easily, since you already have a limit to the number of prestige per episode.

Im just saying it will benefit the larger part of the player base who cannot find as much time as to whenever you tend to schedule these episodes.

Puggsley #18 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• 67026 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Games end very quickly now, people get all bent out of shape for suggesting that you let the enemy cap to extend the game, they seem to be of the opinion that winning/losing matters.

Arty is ridiculously overpowered when it comes to gaining ranks, plus it gets 3 battle reserves. This should be toned down a lot. The ability to cover multiple caps and get extremely high reset points should be limited.

Mediums should get 2 battle reserves, they play a role midway between a HT and an LT.

Seems to have developed a gameplay where players flood into the one corridor. The number of tanks in a Corridor should be hard capped.

Wheelies are strong due to the speed with which they can cover large distances, objectives are mostly starting to fall due to long range raids. Don't really have much of a problem with this but I can see how combined with the corridor flood, slower tanks will be overwhelmed pretty easily.

Totally anecdotal but it seems like fewer people are playing the mode (?). 

Sir_Direkin #19 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View Post_Bullitt_, on 12 March 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

In my opinion wheeled vehicles will destroy front line game mode, suggestion to limit the number per front similar to what is applied to SPG.

I share that opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

CardinalMite #20 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Actually the issue isn't just wheeled tanks, it's fast tanks in general. I have seen loads of LT432s and other LTs driving around in wolf packs. This massively speeds up the game in general.

This was always going to happen on such a large map and a lot of this comes down to dumb respawn points,. There is little point in spawning in a slow heavy except during the end game because you often spawn miles from the action.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users