Frontline Season 1 Episode 2 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Ezz #101 Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68042 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAngmar_, on 17 March 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

And this is why it confuses me that so many people rush to destroy the guns, it's worth bugger all

It's an odd one really from a rank perspective. From what i can tell you are basically best off jumping on cap with the zerg, then once all caps taken, just farm for as long as you can. In line with this actually killing the objectives can be counter productive. Odd...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Madiba127 #102 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Senior Moderator
  • 2811 battles
  • [1EC] 1EC
  • XP and Ranks/Levels needs to be adjusted massively, it will take forever to get to max prestige, if you have a job that will take up most of the time frontline is active then you may not even reach it
    • Frontlines starts at 12pm NZ time each day, i get home at 5pm, have dinner so about 6pm and then need to go to sleep so i can get up in the morning, either XP needs to be changed or frontlines needs to run longer
  • Wheeled vehicles need to be looked into, they are a pain
    • Lights in general need to be looked into
  • What is the point of trying to destory the finial objectives, they are worth nothing
  • Respawn locations need to be re-worked, you can spwan far away from any action and by the time you get there it could be over
  • Would love to have a new map, or maybe more than one map
  • Sometimes the reticle can jump and end up in the sky, this needs to be fixed

This first frontlines was fun, this version is just a grind

LesterBurnham #103 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 36693 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-

These 'wheeled' soft skinned vehicles are about as [edited] as it gets.

seriously did WG have a lets put the WORSE developmental idea into the game day.

I know the game is only loosely based on war reality but theses lite tanks are just really poorly implemented.

Rubber tires that bounce high velocity shells..................

tanks moving faster than a 1C that are almost impossible to hit..............especially if you have the even slightest ripple in your connection/packet loss/lag.......

lite armor that bounces as much as a medium tank......

and no limit to the number of them in a frontline battle.

what a TERRIBLE idea they are. seriously........

Sir_Direkin #104 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View Post_HoPeY_, on 17 March 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Nope moving doesn't create a new spawn point for SPG. I'd think a dead tank glitch. Rewatch your replay if available.

Maybe. I don't have the replay though. Looking at the map again I just noticed the Jagdpanther II right at the back. What the??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Topgunm #105 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Private

• 88166 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

I believe that spg should be severely limited in this mode. WG limits the game to only 6 at any one time to try to limit their effectiveness but because the spg's can shoot across borders a vehicle trying to defend can get hit by up to 3 spg at any 1 time. I would suggest that limiting spg to ONLY firing into the spawn column in which they are located would be fairer to all as this would (as in a normal game) offer more protection for the non spg players. Giving then 3 reserves is also ridiculous imho.

On a separate note I've made it to prestige level 4 and have the necessary 6 points to get the sta-2 but the tank in my garage is still the old rental (which I never used). Do I have to play the 15 battles in it and then i get a new one?

HoPeY_ #106 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Major

• 100351 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Why not wait and see if you can get the two new tanks? You can only have 2 in total.

Ezz #107 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:13 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68042 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_HoPeY_, on 17 March 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Why not wait and see if you can get the two new tanks? You can only have 2 in total.

^^^

It is an STA2 after all.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Topgunm #108 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

Private

• 88166 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
So the sta-2 I have is still only the rental? Phew. Following that line of thought, if I play out the 15 rental battles, do I then get the option to 'buy' it? Which I won't natch. The only reason for playing this mode is for the last 2 reward tanks.

cdis #109 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Private

• 8703 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

I don't mind the game mode how it is, there is some balancing required but the bigger issue for me in episode 2 is having to play on the HK server.

Normally HK is fine - I used to get around 130-180ms on there. Since episode 2 started, I am seeing 270ms or higher, usually sitting around 300.

It's pretty unplayable - tanks teleporting, getting shot before the target tank rounds a corner, teleporting around in my own tank and what I can only assume is packet loss due to shots not registering.

For whatever reason, I have been seeing this since episode 2 started. I have asked some friends as well as clan mates and the consensus is the same.

This would be ok as we have an AU server but NO ONE IS PLAYING FL on the AU server.....

It's 4:40pm on a Sunday afternoon - effectively prime time. Right now, 1012 people on in AU and only 1 person in the FL queue.... me :(

Make that 2 in the queue, but my FL queue just timed out after 20 min with no game.

Episode 1 was not too bad on the AU server - there was usually 2 games going and not a long wait time between 5-6pm and 11pm or so even on the week nights. I even played on the HK server in episoide 1 and it was fine as well, a bit laggy but around the 140ms or so which is playable.

I completed one level of prestige plus 15 levels of the next in episode 1. I have not even completed 10 levels in the 2nd prestige attempt due to my level of frustration :(

I'm in Brisbane on TPG ADSL. I tracert'd the HK server IP from this thread and I'm 17 hops away.

Edit: Screenshot for proof.

Edited by cdis, 17 March 2019 - 02:59 PM.

CardinalMite #110 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• 29184 battles

View PostEzz, on 16 March 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

It's an odd one really from a rank perspective. From what i can tell you are basically best off jumping on cap with the zerg, then once all caps taken, just farm for as long as you can. In line with this actually killing the objectives can be counter productive. Odd...

Honestly it's a good thing, it's bad enough people bypassing the caps just to kill the objectives now, can you imagine how bad it would be if you got lots of rank points for that too? We'd have 5 minute FL matches.

WG for once really needs to react quickly and prevent cap bypassing. Stopping the cheezy objective 3 sniping also would be good..

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

wasaabi #111 Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22320 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJal94, on 13 March 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

- Sky box bug (PLEASE FIX) Server reticle goes above certain tanks on hills and ridges, making it almost impossible to shoot at them. This bug was also in the first episode, so it really needs to be addressed before you just have people losing interest in playing anything other than random battles.             

A little further insight on this problem.  It appears to be an issue with just the tracking reticle, the point you are actually aiming at is still the point the shell will go to, but you are getting distracted by the tracking circle that follows your aiming point.

Keep your aiming point at the original target area and you will see your shells going through that point (+/- RNG).

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Sir_Direkin #112 Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostTopgunm, on 17 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I believe that spg should be severely limited in this mode. WG limits the game to only 6 at any one time to try to limit their effectiveness but because the spg's can shoot across borders a vehicle trying to defend can get hit by up to 3 spg at any 1 time. I would suggest that limiting spg to ONLY firing into the spawn column in which they are located would be fairer to all as this would (as in a normal game) offer more protection for the non spg players. Giving then 3 reserves is also ridiculous imho.

Yeah, I saw that last night when poor Jagdpanzer_General was minding his own business trying to cap B, at which point he was artied from three directions at once... twice; I can only imagine he must've been in a real cheery disposition after that. It wouldn't really make sense to stop shells from flying through the air when crossing column borders, but 3 reserves is definitely too much for that class. On that note, having just one for mediums is also very stingy. It ought to be 1 for heavies, 2 for mediums, 3 for lights. Two for arties and TDs.

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Profanisaurus #113 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostCardinalMite, on 17 March 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

WG for once really needs to react quickly and prevent cap bypassing. Stopping the cheezy objective 3 sniping also would be good..

The objective 3 thing. Seriously. [edited] that shit.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Sir_Direkin #114 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 March 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

Agreed. On those occasions I play arty I keep a scout plane and arty bombardment at the ready just for that. See turret 3 taking damage and no enemies nearby? Load up, pre aim, scout, fire, call in arty strike. Makes pretty short of work of people using that exploit. Also had other arties firing at the same spot as well. Last time I saw two enemy TDs having a go at each other instead of shooting the objective; they both got sent some love.

SgtGuffey #115 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Corporal

• 18650 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 March 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Agree, this is so bloody annoying and can't for the life of me understand WHY IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED... Apathy rules....

Ezz #116 Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68042 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 March 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

Was rather bemused to see an OHO pro sniping it to finish a game early. Must have taken the poor fellow half the battle just to climb up that damn hill.

Vindictus_Maximus #117 Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

Corporal

• 5326 battles

View PostSgtGuffey, on 17 March 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Agree, this is so bloody annoying and can't for the life of me understand WHY IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED... Apathy rules....

The idea (for wargaming) is for the games to finish as early as possible. They dont want the games to go on too long so people can get Generals, because they will grind through prestige levels to quickly. That is why they are happy for these wheeled tanks to push through from D and E caps to kill the guns, and why they have weakened the guns to make the wheeled tanks jobs easier.

Dont expect them to make any changes for the better

CardinalMite #118 Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:24 PM

Captain

• 29184 battles

View PostSgtGuffey, on 17 March 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Apathy is where they just can't be bothered.... they actually work at not fixing things.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Puggsley #119 Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

Captain

• 67979 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Got to Level 21 on the 2nd prestige round in the first episode. Managed to get to Level 27 on the 2nd prestige level in the second episode. 

Even the generous credit earn was not enough to make me want to play FL that much.

It really is batshit boring on the same map, with the same zerg mentality every single game. Attacking is somewhat fun, defense is very boring.

Why not use Province for the FL map? 60 tanks on that map with a respawn would be interesting.... 

Or even use the Grand Battle maps with respawn points. 

Anything but that same shit map over and over....

Ezz #120 Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68042 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Not sure if this thread or the other, but record my record is now about 11 minutes and one battle where i think there were 5 captains total in the whole battle when it ended - team captured B and C and that was it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users