Frontline Season 1 Episode 2 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Kelilipan #121 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 4631 battles

No one wants to cap because dying on the point earns you jack shit. So you either cap with a certain invincible tank or you'll need to clear the zone's defenders vantage point (usually only 1 or 2 per zone, defending a point is [edited] this way) and then rush to the cap once it's cleared; note that you will need to have a fast tank with lv5 engineering or you won't get it in time and even if you do it will get overridden by those that do have lv5 engineering and in turn you'll still earn jack shit.

Suggestion would be to actually earn capturing points real time instead of awarding it only on success.

That said, the defending side needs a lot of help excluding point C, way too easy to just bumrush the points and end up behind the objectives only 5 minutes in.

Also reserves are a bit obnoxious when there are at least 5 light tanks on a line at any given time and each of them brought 3. People complain about arty having 3 but at least there's only 1 max per line and they can only do something else (shoot) twice every minute otherwise.

Ezz #122 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68043 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKelilipan, on 18 March 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Also reserves are a bit obnoxious when there are at least 5 light tanks on a line at any given time and each of them brought 3. People complain about arty having 3 but at least there's only 1 max per line and they can only do something else (shoot) twice every minute otherwise.

Personally if i were to re work them i'd keep the arty and air strike ones in the game, but remove arty as a class. Engineering and inspire can stay. Then I'd remove the scout plane, or at the very least make it reveal as per a normal spot - as in you are lit for the same amount of time as you would be if spotted by a tank.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #123 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

My list is 4 things.

1, Fix the the objective 3 sniping.
2, Only able to take objectives in areas where you have captured both zones.
3, One reserve for SPGs
4, Fix the the [edited] objective 3 sniping.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

SiKiN #124 Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25772 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
I mean we've all said how strong arty is at blocking multiple enemies on cap but nobody has suggested that maybe instead of nerfing that situation instead double the blocked timer for non-artillery tanks.

I mean an arty can easily get 15 seconds blocked damage with 1 shot but it takes most heavies 25 seconds to build up such block pressure which by then an arty can just fire again and now the Heavy tank risking its life for the cap has only blocked 15 seconds and the arty is still ahead on 30 in an optimal example situation of 3 on cap and the defending heavy tank surviving.

So if non arty player could block for 10 seconds instead of 5 this would kinda balance it a little easier.

Or would this balance everything except auto-loaders?

Conan #125 Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10393 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be hammering down hard on these because they're basically the same from Episode 1 feedback.. only worse. We are pushing for changes, especially for those that make the game mode not as fun. There are definitely changes we want and we know the devs are willing to do but as for when they will be in is something I cannot confirm yet. Apologies. 
We really, really want Episode 3 to have improvements and we will push very hard for them. For now, I will take your feedback, comments, suggestions, and frustration and compile them in to a report. 
You've heard this many times before, I know. But together, we will make them listen.

Once again, my thanks for your participation in this episode and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do post any more you may think of. 

Edit: oops... I said nut instead of but >.< 

Edited by Conan, 18 March 2019 - 04:41 PM.
typo

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

StormCrowReaperManyHat #126 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 22793 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostConan, on 18 March 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Nut together

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

RoachMartel #127 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

Sergeant

• 19108 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

1) A few more maps would be nice. 

2) A mechanic to say what is spotting you. This messes with the usual 10 second rule as recon flight keeps you lit for long periods. 

3) Those damn wheeled vehicles! They need a hard cap on the vehicles per game like Artillery. They are particularly deadly as defenders can't leave the zone without being hounded by them all the way. 

4) The objective zone should not open ALL 3 lanes for a given lane .a team will hard push one lane and then hit all objectives while the other lanes are still in the first stage. This is unfair for defenders as wheeled vehicles can hit all objectives quick .

5) Maybe change the battle tiers a little bit. I don't believe shifting the battle tiers to 9 or 10 is a good idea. They have tanks which are hugely OP and are a plague on the game. But better to shuffle between 6,7 and 8. It will keep things fresh and fun for everyone as all the tanks are accessible. If this can't be done, just leave it at 8!! I'd rather deal with this than have to fight 907s and type 5s all the time.

6) maybe have some xp or credit multiplier for the lever of prestige a player has .might encourage people to grinf more .

just my 2 cents. Personally I like the game mode. But most of the others have already mentioned the key points of improvement. 

Looking forward to Season 3

"Remember, Upon the conduct of EACH, depends the fate of ALL" - Alexander The Great

CardinalMite #128 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• 29196 battles

View PostConan, on 18 March 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be hammering down hard on these because they're basically the same from Episode 1 feedback.. only worse. We are pushing for changes, especially for those that make the game mode not as fun. There are definitely changes we want and we know the devs are willing to do but as for when they will be in is something I cannot confirm yet. Apologies. 
We really, really want Episode 3 to have improvements and we will push very hard for them. For now, I will take your feedback, comments, suggestions, and frustration and compile them in to a report. 
You've heard this many times before, I know. Nut together, we will make them listen.

Once again, my thanks for your participation in this episode and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do post any more you may think of. 

Thanks for the response Conan. My suggestion, don't try and push through lots of changes, just concentrate on top 2 or 3 most commented on.

If your bureaucracy is anything like the places I have worked at, change control means you never get anything done unless you can keep it simple with an obvious payoff.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #129 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68043 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRoachMartel, on 18 March 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

I don't believe shifting the battle tiers to 9 or 10 is a good idea. They have tanks which are hugely OP and are a plague on the game.

Agree with your other points, but not sure tier 9 is that horrible. 10 is broken thanks to WG Balance tm, but i think 9 is reasonably ok. Of course 9s would mean people aren't going to be grinding mad credits, but as per your later point, they could rejig the credit rewards to help entice more to give it a go.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

SiKiN #130 Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25772 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View PostEzz, on 18 March 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Agree with your other points, but not sure tier 9 is that horrible. 10 is broken thanks to WG Balance tm, but i think 9 is reasonably ok. Of course 9s would mean people aren't going to be grinding mad credits, but as per your later point, they could rejig the credit rewards to help entice more to give it a go.

I know you're obviously aware most players don't keep tanks that aren't required for clan wars or premiums so you can imagine T9 would be almost devoid of a playerbase.

I mean hell yea lets play other tiers but you know its not gonna be practical.

Edited by SiKiN, 18 March 2019 - 04:05 PM.

Ezz #131 Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68043 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSiKiN, on 18 March 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

I know you're obviously aware most players don't keep tanks that aren't required for clan wars or premiums so you can imagine T9 would be almost devoid of a playerbase.

Good point. I keep the ones i enjoy so i have a stack. It's my most played tier in fact given it's possible to run close to credit neutral on a free account. Hence you get the benefit of nice tanks without the burden of having to grind credits all the time. So yeah, i guess i'm at the other side of the spectrum and would be rather limited in the lower tiers if they were chosen (at least they're cheap!). Either way, variety would spice it up for at least a little while.

Edited by Ezz, 18 March 2019 - 04:11 PM.

Saffelicious #132 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37403 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Tier 8 is probably the most balanced.

The thing is even from 8 to 9 viewrange goes up quite a bit on certain vehicles.  which will affect map balance even further. 

This is something I think a lot of people forget. 

Tier 10 is just a big no thanks :P 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Profanisaurus #133 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Pretty sure that with the 10 month schedule the tier isn't changing in 2019.

Ezz #134 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68043 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 18 March 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Pretty sure that with the 10 month schedule the tier isn't changing in 2019.

Why? I'll bet i could learn the code that changes it from the ground up in that time.

Gordo_G #135 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• 40848 battles
  • [_RB_] _RB_

Lots of B&M going on - for the most part it balances out as you play both sides roughly equally, so weakness and strengths on the map are there to be used.

SPGs, arty and air strikes are given to both parties and you just need to paly around them/use them - remember, you have a range of options for use and, while using them the vehicle is vulnerable.

However, some points are very sound - I have around 75% win rate this year on it, but still haven't managed a General and only 2/3 Majors compared to many Generals and Majors last year. What I have noticed is that the Generals are frequently the wheeled ****ers - they are something that does need to be addressed as they are supposedly a 'light' but, while I have killed a lot, it is more common for them to just drive away from 2 or even 3 damaging hits from TDs and Heavies - they need to be more easily taken out or crippled.

FramFramson #136 Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:29 AM

Major

• 43461 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Tier 6 FL would be pretty interesting.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Sir_Direkin #137 Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:53 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostSiKiN, on 18 March 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I mean hell yea lets play other tiers but you know its not gonna be practical.

At tier IX all I have is the BC 25t AP and arty. Woo...

View PostFramFramson, on 19 March 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

Tier 6 FL would be pretty interesting.

A game full of T-34/85Ms, Type 64s, AMX 12ts, and Cromwell Bs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Profanisaurus #138 Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Yeah. I'm the same. Down to 42 tier 9s with 50k left on the Lynx and needing to buy the tier 9 Fake Tank, so 44 soon.

Also at tier 6 your forgot the questionably balanced SPGs as well. Bert, M44, F3, Hummel...

Edited by Profanisaurus, 19 March 2019 - 07:08 AM.

CardinalMite #139 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• 29196 battles

Honestly while I'd like to see some variation in tiers and maps for FL, I can't see it happening this year. WG make money hand over fist with people buying tier 8 premiums and knowing that FL is tier 8 just gives an additional reason for players to pull the trigger on a premium tank buy.

You could argue that tier 6 would work the same way but really it doesn't, nothing like to the same degree. Perhaps if they decide tier 8 is saturated with premiums and they start releasing a bunch of tier 6 & 7 premium tanks, then they might become a FL option but it won't be soon.

Personally I'd like a tier 7 FL option the most. E25s might be seen as an issue, however TDs aren't all that useful in FL IMO and the sometimes extreme ranges involved mean that the E25 camo after firing advantage isn't as useful as it is in randoms. Not to mention pen dropoff being a factor. Also tier 7 means no Ebr 75 and that thing seems OP as balls in FL currently.

Edited by CardinalMite, 19 March 2019 - 08:12 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Vindictus_Maximus #140 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:10 AM

Corporal

• 5359 battles

View PostGordo_G, on 18 March 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

, but still haven't managed a General and only 2/3 Majors compared to many Generals and Majors last year. What I have noticed is that the Generals are frequently the wheeled ****ers - they are something that does need to be addressed

The wheeled tanks are not great for Generals at all. To get General with light tanks you need to be able to get plenty of spotting assist, and you also need to be able to spot your own damage. If you are not spotting your own damage, you only get half the xp/prestige. And a lot of the times that the wheeled tanks bait shots to get the enemy spotted, it is actually other tanks that get that spotting

The wheeled tanks are almost as annoying to play with as they are to play against because they are so blind, the lack of reward for the constant risks you have to take. To get a General with a wheeled tank, you need to be on the attacking team, and get very lucky with successfully capping numerous times. Get out of your slow heavilly armored TDs for a few games and try playing the wheeled tanks for yourself and you will see that they are not so great

No, if you want generals playing lights, you need to play the tracked LTs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users