Frontline Season 1 Episode 2 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #21 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11948 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

Speaking of spawning miles from the action, there's been times where I'd die defending cap, and when I respawn I'm placed over a kilometre away. There's no chance of getting back in time to reset.

Those wheeled tanks are extra annoying though. As if being hard to hit wasn't bad enough, if I do hit most of the time the shot just bounces. Bouncing off an EBR... okay. It's not even Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Cheekything #22 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:36 PM

Private

• 3476 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Issues with front line as of the current build.

1) - Communication with your team. This is especially apparently in Asia with the multiple languages. It ends up with "F%*% you N&()*" being shouted out by people who are frustrated at each other. While it's great that many players have a basic knowledge of English the mode needs a much better ping system.

2) - UI needs a massive overhaul. It is very hard to see how many enemy tanks, and where they are. We need a UI element that tracks how many of each team are in each zone at any one time. It'd be a lot fairer to players within the game.

3) - EXP needs to be reworked massively. There is no reason that players are being punished for actually doing things that are good for the team with exp for the ranks. Flankers, distractors, and defenders get completely left behind with their exp gains towards ranks. It really enforces the mentality of "I guess I'll just farm then". There needs to be less given for kills/hits and more given for players close to a cap point interacting around it (this would be an indirect nerf to SPGs but it'd balance out).

3) - Auto-loaders. They are just far too viable when they can re-spawn every 5 minutes. They are strongly favoured over all other tanks. I would say limit their re-spawns to 1 per match.

4) - Goal Armour. The 5 targets need to be impossible for lighter vehicles to damage to. give them stronger armour that would fix this quite well. Right now you have all these light tanks, wheels vehicles and auto loading medium tanks just driving stupid fast to the back of the map with no easy way to challenge them, and they just shot at the weak points with their fairly weak ammo.

5) - Goal Unlocking. The current meta is a push A and D really fast then rush light tanks into  3,4,5 till the defenders from B and C drop back to defend them. You literally are being flanked by the game mechanics, and this really sucks. You really have to just fold B and C to stop this happening, which also is likely to make you lose. As such maybe don't unlock the final zone till at least 2 lanes have fallen.

6) - Defenders. Defenders get so much less exp for doing their job of defending.Sometime you defend to well and the match is over with most players being maybe the 2nd or 3rd rank. It is rare, but why is it fair to punish people for doing a good job. I think give all defenders enough for a promotion post game by how quickly the game ended.

7) - Cover. Points like C/F are sometimes too difficult to take. A/D on the other hand are sometimes too difficult to defend. The map is fairly barren and too open in may places. If there was more cover, be it tree or buildings then it'd make some of this a lot more manageable. It also may make slower heavier tanks less of a burden.

8) - Premiums. As with auto-loaders, premium tanks flood front lines. While that is great for Wargaming's wallet it's just boring and monotonous. I would limit them to 3 per match (it's still enough to get your rock on). It would just encourage more diversity and tactics.

9) - Respawns. I think that they should be given per Zone, not as a total amount. This has 2 benefits, one is that you can't just mass suicide push the other line, and that it refreshes the zones so that people are more aware of the bigger picture. You should also give them in balance for that zone. For example, if there are 20 attacks and 10 defenders in a zone attackers should get theirs twice as slowly, whereas defenders should get them more quickly.

10) -Wants. Map variety would be amazing. Even if they are not based on real places. Also Tier 4, 6 and 10 frontlines on alternative weeks would be really cool.

Sir_Direkin #23 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11948 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
Getting spotted the very moment you respawn is always fun. Especially when you get artied seconds later. Nothing like losing a good chunk of your health before you even move up to see a [edited] enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Profanisaurus #24 Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:41 AM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Also this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/appl6g/number_of_points_for_each_lvl_in_front_line/

It's a joke.

Napalmer #25 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:02 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 46087 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostCheekything, on 13 March 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

Issues with front line as of the current build.

1) - Communication with your team. This is especially apparently in Asia with the multiple languages. It ends up with "F%*% you N&()*" being shouted out by people who are frustrated at each other. While it's great that many players have a basic knowledge of English the mode needs a much better ping system.

To be honest, you don't really need communication, when the team sizes are 30v30. Map pings and the auto commands accessed by pressing the M button should be sufficient.

2) - UI needs a massive overhaul. It is very hard to see how many enemy tanks, and where they are. We need a UI element that tracks how many of each team are in each zone at any one time. It'd be a lot fairer to players within the game.

This already exists... Press TAB! Easily shows how many there are on your flank, and you can toggle to all by clicking the appropriate button.

3) - EXP needs to be reworked massively. There is no reason that players are being punished for actually doing things that are good for the team with exp for the ranks. Flankers, distractors, and defenders get completely left behind with their exp gains towards ranks. It really enforces the mentality of "I guess I'll just farm then". There needs to be less given for kills/hits and more given for players close to a cap point interacting around it (this would be an indirect nerf to SPGs but it'd balance out).

While I agree that active play should be rewarded, I'd prefer if it wasn't exploitable in the sense of being able to farm XP by AFKing near a capture point.

3) - Auto-loaders. They are just far too viable when they can re-spawn every 5 minutes. They are strongly favoured over all other tanks. I would say limit their re-spawns to 1 per match.

Nothing wrong with autoloaders or autoreloaders. It's not hard to count a Lorraine's shots, then rush when he's on reload.

4) - Goal Armour. The 5 targets need to be impossible for lighter vehicles to damage to. give them stronger armour that would fix this quite well. Right now you have all these light tanks, wheels vehicles and auto loading medium tanks just driving stupid fast to the back of the map with no easy way to challenge them, and they just shot at the weak points with their fairly weak ammo.

This I strongly disagree with. If you make LT not viable when attacking objectives, it's going to turn into HT spam by the attackers.

5) - Goal Unlocking. The current meta is a push A and D really fast then rush light tanks into  3,4,5 till the defenders from B and C drop back to defend them. You literally are being flanked by the game mechanics, and this really sucks. You really have to just fold B and C to stop this happening, which also is likely to make you lose. As such maybe don't unlock the final zone till at least 2 lanes have fallen.

This is because the community is under the deluded perception that winning actually makes a difference to your score. Winning a game early only reduces the amount of Generals and overall ruins your rank.

6) - Defenders. Defenders get so much less exp for doing their job of defending.Sometime you defend to well and the match is over with most players being maybe the 2nd or 3rd rank. It is rare, but why is it fair to punish people for doing a good job. I think give all defenders enough for a promotion post game by how quickly the game ended.

The first part I agree with. You don't have objectives to destroy or attack. The only way to reliably gain progress while on defence is to destroy those on cap, which is easier said than done.

How quickly the game ended though shouldn't be rewarded, in my opinion.

7) - Cover. Points like C/F are sometimes too difficult to take. A/D on the other hand are sometimes too difficult to defend. The map is fairly barren and too open in may places. If there was more cover, be it tree or buildings then it'd make some of this a lot more manageable. It also may make slower heavier tanks less of a burden.

This I entirely agree with. Some consistency with the cover on capture points would be amazing.

8) - Premiums. As with auto-loaders, premium tanks flood front lines. While that is great for Wargaming's wallet it's just boring and monotonous. I would limit them to 3 per match (it's still enough to get your rock on). It would just encourage more diversity and tactics.

And this I entirely disagree with. The reason everyone plays premiums is because of the amazing credit income. I'd even go as far as saying that it's the only reason some play the mode.

9) - Respawns. I think that they should be given per Zone, not as a total amount. This has 2 benefits, one is that you can't just mass suicide push the other line, and that it refreshes the zones so that people are more aware of the bigger picture. You should also give them in balance for that zone. For example, if there are 20 attacks and 10 defenders in a zone attackers should get theirs twice as slowly, whereas defenders should get them more quickly.

And the main issue with this is that it forces congestion in the late game. Some flanks are easier to attack than others. You'll have the entire team on one side!

10) -Wants. Map variety would be amazing. Even if they are not based on real places. Also Tier 4, 6 and 10 frontlines on alternative weeks would be really cool.

Please no variety in tiers. I really don't want to fight PzB2, O-I or Type 5 in Frontlines. I'd also prefer to make a profit.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Profanisaurus #26 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:15 AM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostNapalmer, on 13 March 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

And the main issue with this is that it forces congestion in the late game. Some flanks are easier to attack than others. You'll have the entire team on one side!

You have that now. Half the defending team runs to C so you end up outnumbered on A and B while the attacking team instead of taking an early win on C run to shoot the side of B or just bail out of the flank. Nothing like 15 players defending C when the enemy have 5 players attacking.

The game mode is a real indictment on the ability of most pubbies to read a map or understand the concept of team dispersion. The number of times last night on attack where the team won B and had a 10 live tank advantage then instead of pushing E bailed out to fail to help win C or A was astonishing. No matter how many times you encourage them or point it out to them.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 13 March 2019 - 06:16 AM.

Jal94 #27 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

Private

• 3063 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Where do i begin

Pros

- Love the map, HD graphics are great right :)

- Splitting teams among all flanks and locking it down so you don't just get a giant tank sausage fest at one capture point.

Neutral
       - Unless you have a premium tank, your grind is way harder to reach prestige. Going up against fast light tanks, wheeled tanks, proghetto 46, and defenders. Its hard to counter an attack with any of them unless you know where the weak panels of armor are, and even gold rounds have a hard chance to hit anything, so i see most people use HE.
       - There needs to be more incentive of pushing flanks, too many people on a team just farm damage and it destroys the objective roles of the game. Maybe if the xp was focused on winning or losing, maybe tankers would be more likely to throw their tank into the mix of actually coming up with strategy
       - 3 man platoons (im going to say id prefer the 5 man platoons). Better combat experience with 5 man platoons. 3 is hardly enough to control a flank. If you can get half the team to platoon, you might get longer games.

Cons
       - The wheeled tank (also known as the meme tank or the clown car). Love or hate the wheeled tank, while easy to destroy, they can easily go behind the defense and destroy your objectives, especially an EBR that goes 95kph at rapid speed. (Im told its 85kph) It breaks the game so much that only another EBR on defense can actually respawn to go kill it back at the objectives while everyone holds the main front. Offense shouldn't get the capability to advance that quickly to objectives.

- Sky box bug (PLEASE FIX) Server reticle goes above certain tanks on hills and ridges, making it almost impossible to shoot at them. This bug was also in the first episode, so it really needs to be addressed before you just have people losing interest in playing anything other than random battles.             

Edited by Jal94, 13 March 2019 - 06:59 AM.

Profanisaurus #28 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
That last one is a bug in pubs as well. Wargaming have made no effort to fix it.

Puggsley #29 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:57 AM

Captain

• 66018 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The credit farm is totally fabulous Conan, don't ever change that!

Also some sort of mechanism to extend the game would be great. There is nothing more frustrating than a team which defends too well. I would happily hold J if that gave you a couple of extra minutes due to an attacking team which can't figure it out.

Jal94 #30 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

Private

• 3063 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostProfanisaurus, on 13 March 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

That last one is a bug in pubs as well. Wargaming have made no effort to fix it.

Yeah, it becomes very noticeable when they don't fix bugs for longer amounts of time. 

Its more noticeable in frontlines because im guessing they rushed to get the map out for us to play that mode

Profanisaurus #31 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Reliable source says that they basically lost Frontlines code and everything and had to rebuild it between last year and now which is why there was such a long break.

'cos Wargaming.

CardinalMite #32 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• 28088 battles

I think part of the problem of the matches being over too soon is a combination of:

A) you get massive rank in match increase for capping and while it is true that this also applies if you kill cappers, generally for most locations it is significantly more difficult to do this than the reverse.

B) Plus the easiest defense is to keep people away from the cap rather than kill them after they start capping.

C) the max limit of tanks per flank is set too high, therefore it is entirely possible, in fact common, that at least one flank is virtually unguarded several times per match. 

D) ..and you can't react to the above quick enough on respawn to make up the difference because you are usually so far back that you cant get to the defence point quick enough...

E) which then encourages players to spam super fast tanks (not just wheelies), because that is the only way you even have a remote chance of getting to the action in time to make a difference...

F) ..only since most players are actually terrible at playing squishy tanks, they just yolo in and die... even if you know how and even if you are in a fast tank, by the time you get to the cap point there are often only seconds left on the cap counter, pretty much forcing you to yolo in and die in a suicidal attempt to kill a capper.

G) leading to a flank empty of tanks, as the players sit waiting for minutes on end for a countdown to allow them to respawn. 

It would help if instead of killing tanks to remove the cap points, that each shot of damage you do to a capper removed a portion (not completely reset) of the cappers capo points.

Edited by CardinalMite, 13 March 2019 - 08:35 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Angmar_ #33 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

With no mods running at the moment.

Negatives/bugs:

When aiming at ridges, reticle aims at the sky.

When aiming at long distance (particularly in my strv) the reticle will shake, and shots tend to miss as a result (however it doesn't show up in replays, which is weird).

When spawning at C, if the enemy is pushed up close, you can spawn at the cap point and be completely surrounded by enemies, makes for a quick trip back to the wait screen.

Game ruining things:

SPGs with skills. It's bad enough that I'm getting focused by some spg players (mostly not, but there's a few that seem to follow me around the map), it's even worse that another SPG will join in and shoot me from another map. What breaks it for me, is when an spg tracks me, then drops an air strike on me. Yay game.

Pros:

Credits, rewards.

Large map and long game times, I enjoy getting plenty of game time in at tier 8.

Respawns and an opportunity to play all my tier 8s, even the bad ones.

Wants:

Another map or two.

TheBudgiesmuggler #34 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAngmar_, on 13 March 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

With no mods running at the moment.

Negatives/bugs:

When aiming at ridges, reticle aims at the sky.

When aiming at long distance (particularly in my strv) the reticle will shake, and shots tend to miss as a result (however it doesn't show up in replays, which is weird).

When spawning at C, if the enemy is pushed up close, you can spawn at the cap point and be completely surrounded by enemies, makes for a quick trip back to the wait screen.

Game ruining things:

SPGs with skills. It's bad enough that I'm getting focused by some spg players (mostly not, but there's a few that seem to follow me around the map), it's even worse that another SPG will join in and shoot me from another map. What breaks it for me, is when an spg tracks me, then drops an air strike on me. Yay game.

Pros:

Credits, rewards.

Large map and long game times, I enjoy getting plenty of game time in at tier 8.

Respawns and an opportunity to play all my tier 8s, even the bad ones.

Wants:

Another map or two.

Did I get you in my Lorriane from above....sucks doesn't it … love cross map firing especially when they think their safe and rear end poking out

Angmar_ #35 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
I got hit by a few Lorraines last night, so maybe? As ever, SPGs are in there ruining the experience for people trying to actually play the game instead of sniping from the back.

SiKiN #36 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25255 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Lots of people have already pointed out that they've noticed players not really focusing on any objectives in their battles and well its quite simple really. Win or lose you get the same amount of exp to your Prestige so why work together with others?

This is everyone gets a medal mentality and is not progressive.

Also Artillery is nuts at gaining ranks.... You could nerf it by 50% gains and it would still be effective on defense at gaining ranks.

Edited by SiKiN, 13 March 2019 - 10:20 AM.

TheBudgiesmuggler #37 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostSiKiN, on 13 March 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Lots of people have already pointed out that they've noticed players not really focusing on any objectives in their battles and well its quite simple really. Win or lose you get the same amount of exp to your Prestige so why work together with others?

This is everyone gets a medal mentality and is not progressive.

Also Artillery is nuts at gaining ranks.... You could nerf it by 50% gains and it would still be effective on defense at gaining ranks.

what a cry baby …. I support the team by mostly defending or attacking the cap and yes I get like every1 else a ranking bonus for defending so you want me to get 50% less than every1 else for doing the same job...smh

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 13 March 2019 - 11:04 AM.

TheBudgiesmuggler #38 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAngmar_, on 13 March 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

I got hit by a few Lorraines last night, so maybe? As ever, SPGs are in there ruining the experience for people trying to actually play the game instead of sniping from the back.

want some tissues

TheBudgiesmuggler #39 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAngmar_, on 13 March 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

clearly you have no idea what we are doing like saving loser [edited] like yours when you yolo

Rem223_ #40 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Private

• 42421 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

Had 3 wheeled tanks cap 4 bases in under 12 min last night. they started the first cap before half my team had left the spawn point then moved across to the next capture point.

When you shoot them you get a critical hit yet they can hit you at full pace flying through the air with every shot.

Again War Gaming are thinking short term profit over the long term income. They have now managed to kill frontline which was their only player retaining feature. The fact that the vast majority of players did not want these types of vehicles in the game, shows how little they care about the people that pay there wages.

RIP Frountline & WOT

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users