Frontline Season 1 Episode 2 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Angmar_ #41 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 13 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

clearly you have no idea what we are doing like saving loser [edited] like yours when you yolo

Yolo? When? I don't yolo

U12D13 #42 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37181 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 13 March 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

what a cry baby …. I support the team by mostly defending or attacking the cap and yes I get like every1 else a ranking bonus for defending so you want me to get 50% less than every1 else for doing the same job...smh

Because unlike other classes of tanks, arty has to take 0 risk to defend a cap. It doesn't involve rushing into a base to deny capture, or moving into the open just to interrupt the capture - in most cases will result in the vehicle crippled or destroyed in the process. 

Look at it this way: classes that need to take risks to deny a cap should receive more in return for their efforts and sacrifices. Call it risk pay if you will. Sure, arty also resets cap, but can do it more often, more effectively, without risk, and to an obvious extent, farming "objective points" which ends up in the excessive easy Generals just solely from playing arty. So unlike everyone else, there isn't even a remote risk involved. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Angmar_ #43 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• 18961 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostU12D13, on 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Because unlike other classes of tanks, arty has to take 0 risk to defend a cap. It doesn't involve rushing into a base to deny capture, or moving into the open just to interrupt the capture - in most cases will result in the vehicle crippled or destroyed in the process. 

Look at it this way: classes that need to take risks to deny a cap should receive more in return for their efforts and sacrifices. Call it risk pay if you will. Sure, arty also resets cap, but can do it more often, more effectively, without risk, and to an obvious extent, farming "objective points" which ends up in the excessive easy Generals just solely from playing arty. So unlike everyone else, there isn't even a remote risk involved. 

Bingo

neokai #44 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40097 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

My feedback.

Defending team seem to have a harder time defending now.

• Played 13 frontline battles, forgot to take exact breakdown but lost all defensive battles (~5-7 battles). Still small datapoint but was curious to note.
  • Closest was 1min left before the final gun was destroyed. "Best performance battles" was A-C capped at 7-8min left, D-F capped at 1-4min left
  • Key issues facing defending team:-
    • Wheeled vehicles have too much mobility and often arrive at cap points within <2 min of it being available. It also doesn't help that wheeled vehicles move so fast that it feels like fighting a horde of pre-nerf ELCs with turrets and autoloaders.
    • Once any of the D-F zones are capped, you can expect 1-3 players to make a beeline for any of the guns. Again, extreme mobility means that only another wheeled vehicle is suitable to give chase.
    • Gun 3's snipe point is pretty well known now, but imo is a minor hack compared to the hordes of mobile buggers basically having free reign over the open spaces.

2 suggestions: 

1, restrict which guns you can access based on the zone prior to it (1,2 is linked to D, 5 to F etc).

2, alternatively, have some kind of radar sweep periodically that reveals enemy tank positions deep inside friendly territory. E.g., tanks that go into opposition claimed territory will be revealed after 60s, and will be targeted for bombardment after 120s. This forces such deep-pen missions to plan an exit strategy, but won't completely preclude sneaki breeki attacks. Zones with guns could have cap points (5s timer for 3-cap) that swaps "ownership" of the tile for the radar control station.

Marathon prestige requirements are too high / the grind process is too boring

• Working on the math (you can help here) to simulate how many games you need and manhours to achieve certain benchmark points
  • Props where it's due - breaking up the marathon over the year helps mitigate burnout somewhat

Suggestions: Initial feel is that the 30 tier x 10 levels is pretty hefty for a marathon - not helped by the fact that it's essentially the same game-mode every time against the same tanks.

• Some form of variation is necessary, either a flavour of the month "house rule" or switching between tank tiers or contests/raffles - something to liven up the experience.
  • Dropping more frequent (every 1 to 1.3 battle frequency) and random bonuses for completing a battle might alleviate the stale grind, e.g. WoWs container drop. This is a method adopted from mobile games.
  • Even a palette change (winter, summer, zombie, forested, Normandy, 8bit) can help alleviate the grind.

Edited by neokai, 13 March 2019 - 11:30 AM.

Spoiler

Puggsley #45 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• 66058 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Objective 4 is pretty easy to get long range snipes into from the east side as well. 

I tend to agree Neo with the idea of changing things up from month to month. I can only imagine the hell it will be by the 5th or 6th month with people settling on the one meta strategy. 

The ability to win quickly will also dramatically slow the grind. I was very min max the first night of the second season. 2 generals and most of other games were captain. I squeaked a couple of majors in the dying seconds as games were over extremely quickly.

TheRealHaifisch #46 Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25985 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Right so i could do a big feedback post, theres alot of fixes needs but going from Episode 1 to 2 theres one thing thats painfully obvious to me

There has been next to no changes between the episodes, and the vast majority of feedback in that case (legitimate concerns) has not been taken aboard so at this point, the only feedback i can really provide is

listen to the feedback, please. 

IF there is anyway to actually see that feedback is being taken aboard or you know the devs stating planes for fixes maybe it'll be worth doing a full write up, but for now this is all i got............

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

The_average_tanker #47 Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12294 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

Spawn camping is an issue, once the zone is lost the defenders can come back into the zone they lost once the airstrike is done. making it impossible to push unless everyone spawns on another front and pushes there. this has been an issue from the start and is frustrating when the other 2 fronts are full and you have no option but to spawn in the front you just dies to die to the enemy soon again.

please reduce the consumable slots for arty, they already have the benefit of indirect fire, they do not need arty strike and airstrike to help them out. i think heavies and mediums deserve more slots than arty.

LeSigh #48 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 45541 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
32 people queued in arty...
This account proudly sponsored by WG

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #49 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:43 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 28868 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostLeSigh, on 13 March 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

if i could i would downvote you for that... (and not because its bad, and yet,,, it is so [edited] horrible

also

Frontline bug is back:

get killed while in striking mode:

Spoiler

Edited by P_Custom_Robin_Ya_Tanks, 13 March 2019 - 04:46 PM.

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Angus775n #50 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• 57310 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostLeSigh, on 13 March 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hehe, I saw 22 SPG queued yesterday, at the time there were 44 total in the queue. A team was formed when there was about 75 total  in queue, certainly a long wait for the dedicated spg players.

mttspiii #51 Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30636 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Too much arty. They should be shunted into 30v30 everyone drives only arty games.

Mobility is king, and while Progpacks were feared they were at least not that fast. But now those fast little cars come in ridiculously good in packs and are even more effective against objectives. Battles end so fast that the only viable HT would be defender and 50 100.

Sheer length of grind. 51 Captain-ranked battles per prestige when every battle lasts almost 30 minutes, means 25 hours of continuous above-average play per prestige

Edited by mttspiii, 13 March 2019 - 05:02 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AlexTheKid72 #52 Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Corporal

• 19703 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postmttspiii, on 13 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Too much arty. They should be shunted into 30v30 everyone drives only arty games.

Mobility is king, and while Progpacks were feared they were at least not that fast. But now those fast little cars come in ridiculously good in packs and are even more effective against objectives. Battles end so fast that the only viable HT would be defender and 50 100.

Sheer length of grind. 51 Captain-ranked battles per prestige when every battle lasts almost 30 minutes, means 25 hours of continuous above-average play per prestige

One go-kart per platoon, 3 maximum in any game mode, 1 per front on F/L's like arty .....
Wheels are bigger trolls than arty in F/L's !!

CardinalMite #53 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• 28111 battles

People need to stop thinking all they need is to stop wheelies and it will stop the capture point and objective rush. I have seen packs of LT432s, M41Ds, Elc even 90s, doing the same.

They need to fix up respawn points, so that slower tanks are able to get to where they need to be. Possibly have it so that capture speed is slower using faster tanks regardless of class.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

TheBudgiesmuggler #54 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• 26952 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostU12D13, on 13 March 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

I think you clearly missed the point of the word "team" which SPG plays a important role in stunning/tracking/killing the enemy tanks so the rest of the "team" being up close can finish them off or help said team members when they are in trouble and vice versa thanks to having the airstrike and barrage along with spotter to help the "team" reset or stop the capping, as for other risks thanks to intro of the FL10 I run the risk of being flanked while assisting spg cry babies.

TheBudgiesmuggler #55 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• 26952 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 13 March 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

One go-kart per platoon, 3 maximum in any game mode, 1 per front on F/L's like arty .....
Wheels are bigger trolls than arty in F/L's !!

clearly you haven't been on forums long enough to realize where the real "trolls" ….

TheBudgiesmuggler #56 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• 26952 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostAngus775n, on 13 March 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hehe, I saw 22 SPG queued yesterday, at the time there were 44 total in the queue. A team was formed when there was about 75 total  in queue, certainly a long wait for the dedicated spg players.

wow and only 6 SPG can be on the entire FL map at any1 time as opposed to 86 non-SPG's tanks ...… but Wargaming doesn't limit the amount of FL10's per battle … 

TheBudgiesmuggler #57 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• 26952 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postmttspiii, on 13 March 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

So 6 SPG and 86 other tank types and 6 SPG is to much … seriously do you needs tissues 

Vindictus_Maximus #58 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• 4244 battles

I want to play frontlines on the ANZ server, but cannot get a game

I just bought the FL wheeled tank for frontlines, but cannot enjoy it due to the 170-210 ping, lag and am very disappointed.

Please place a Frontline ceasefire on the HK server from maybe 5:00pm - 8:30pm AEST, so at least we can get some games going on the ANZ server. After that that the asians can drift away back to the HK server and the ANZ will still have enough players to get Frontlines games too. I look down the team list on the HK server and a quarter of the players are from the ANZ clans, probably heaps of other ANZ  players there too, it is just stupid that we are all playing there with that horrible ping.

From memory, the HK server ceasefire was a thing when Frontlines first came out. Bring that back, you will make a hell of a lot of ANZ players very happy.

Sir_Direkin #59 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11949 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostSiKiN, on 13 March 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Lots of people have already pointed out that they've noticed players not really focusing on any objectives in their battles and well its quite simple really. Win or lose you get the same amount of exp to your Prestige so why work together with others?

This is everyone gets a medal mentality and is not progressive.

Also Artillery is nuts at gaining ranks.... You could nerf it by 50% gains and it would still be effective on defense at gaining ranks.

View PostU12D13, on 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Arty is still an easy General. Boring, but easy. It's really no wonder so many people queue up to play it. Play ordinary tanks, you protec, but you also attac, and you see arty make General with a few clicks of a mouse hanging at the back, especially if they're on defence. Play arty, see a group of enemies trying to cap, and well protected by hard cover, 96% on cap. Lob in a good shoot, get bombardier. Call in arty strike, finish off the other guy. Boom! Instant double promotion. Rake in the FL points and exp with next to no effort. I've played arty, and even I'm disgusted.

View PostLeSigh, on 13 March 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

That's a low count. Usually I see higher than that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

mttspiii #60 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30636 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 13 March 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

So 6 SPG and 86 other tank types and 6 SPG is to much … seriously do you needs tissues 

6 skyshitters is too much, in the same vein that a birdshit is already one too much on your pie.

And that's triple since arty gets 3 perks while an MT/HT gets 1 only.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users