Crew Training

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

drIshanSharma #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

Private

• 554 battles

Hi

I'm new to the wot pc version. I have played wot blitz for more than 3 years. Now I want to shift to world of tanks for various reasons.

For past many days I'm trying to figure out how crew training works. 

I'll try to go into the details-

In wot blitz there is completely different mechanics about crew and skills. We don't have to train crew for each of the tank and also the sixth sense is by default.

When I started playing pc version of the game I'm facing much difficulty without sixth sense perk.

Other skills and perks can be managed as in my opinion sixth sense is the most valuable thing.

So tell me how to get any crew skill for example sixth sense earlier on the tank. And do i have to train crew members and crew skills for every tank like this from 75%? Or use gold? which is not a good idea to use gold for every tank even if i don't want to play with that tank  much and just want to play number of battles required to get the next tank.

I don't want to know what a crew member can do as its already written in the description of each crew skill. Please
I want to know how  the training crew skills mechanics work.
For example when we start from tier 1, crew members are 100% so we can choose for training their skills like the sixth sense. But before i get sixth sense 100% for that tank i have enough experience in my tank to go to tier 2.
So for the new tank we have to again train the crew members from 75% to 100% and then train the crew skill like sixth sense to100% for that tank. But again before i get sixth sense i have got enough experience in the tank to research tier 3.
In this way i played upto tier 6 but i could only manage to get my crew members trained from 75% to 100% for each tank and had to play without the sixth sense each time.

Please there is an urgency to this querry as i have completed my graduation now and can't wait to get into the game. 

I really liked the world of tanks blitz but I have always been a huge fan of World of tanks.

I have more questions about the game please if there's someone who understands then reply

Profanisaurus #2 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

If you are not willing to use gold (and I support this position) my suggestion would be not to retrain the crews for the first few tiers unless you plan to spend some time at them. Take your tier 1 crew and what we call 'ghetto prem' them in the tier 2 and 3 so they will only be at 75% but XP gained will go towards perks. Then when you get to say tier 4 or 5 do your credit reset at 80% and work them back to 100% and continue on skills.

Does that make sense?

The problem with the crew skill space is that it's geared to you spending gold at each tier to maintain the crews level of training which if you are trying life free to play isn't practical. Personally I'm a vile pay to winner and 95% of the time I just use gold to retrain crews.

4. Why not swap the Chrysler K? We've been able to swap Skorps, 13 57s, 41 90s. I don't understand why the Chrysler is an exception. They have even been able to swap Chryslers on other servers just not on ASIA. I'm willing to spend credits/Gold to tank barbie my Chrysler if someone swaps it. It costs WG nothing but you might get some revenue out of doing it.

drIshanSharma #3 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

Private

• 554 battles
I don't exactly understand but i guess you mean that if I don't retrain my crew for 2-3 tier and they will be at 75% or so. But still they will gather experience for the skills and perks?

Profanisaurus #4 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:25 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Yes. At a reduced level (I believe) but they do.
4. Why not swap the Chrysler K? We've been able to swap Skorps, 13 57s, 41 90s. I don't understand why the Chrysler is an exception. They have even been able to swap Chryslers on other servers just not on ASIA. I'm willing to spend credits/Gold to tank barbie my Chrysler if someone swaps it. It costs WG nothing but you might get some revenue out of doing it.

Ezz #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:55 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 March 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

Yes. At a reduced level (I believe) but they do.

Pretty sure the xp gain to skills is the same regardless but never really paid much attention. The saving grace of the cheap route is that the grinds are short so ghetto premming will only be a short annoyance. I tend to actually retrain to a tank when the XP grind to elite that tank will be greater than the ~30k xp (iirc) required to get a crew from the 90% credit retrain back up to 100%.

Edited by Ezz, 14 March 2019 - 08:56 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

drIshanSharma #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

Private

• 554 battles
All these things are very difficult to understand.

steeve_old #7 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• 34863 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

dont race up the tiers spend a bit of time in an elited tank with the accelerate crew training checked this will bank a bit of exp so when you do retrain a crew they will be 80%-90% this makes the next grind less painful also has the added benefit of giving you a chance to learn mechanics and play styles before you get brutalized at tier 8 tiers 1-3 are all fizz and fun so you can just roll though in a few battles spend some time in tier 4-5 playing with a 100% crew you will find it is much more enjoyable than the grind to get there led you to believe

playing tier 6 and up in a stock tank with a 75% crew is just soul destroying dont do it to yourself(or buy a prem tank to train your crew)

Edited by steeve_old, 14 March 2019 - 02:43 PM.

drIshanSharma #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Private

• 554 battles

View Poststeeve_old, on 14 March 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

dont race up the tiers spend a bit of time in an elited tank with the accelerate crew training checked this will bank a bit of exp so when you do retrain a crew they will be 80%-90% this makes the next grind less painful also has the added benefit of giving you a chance to learn mechanics and play styles before you get brutalized at tier 8 tiers 1-3 are all fizz and fun so you can just roll though in a few battles spend some time in tier 4-5 playing with a 100% crew you will find it is much more enjoyable than the grind to get there led you to believe

playing tier 6 and up in a stock tank with a 75% crew is just soul destroying dont do it to yourself(or buy a prem tank to train your crew)

Okay. So for example

I want to buy m48 patton,  i will start with tier1 and before i sell the tier 1 and buy tier 2, i will send the crew to barracks and buy tier 2 without crew and use the crew from barracks in the tier2 tank. In this way I may not have any perks or skill but i will start from 80% or 90% crew. And will reach tier 5 in this manner with no skills and perks but having to less battles to train the crew to 100%.

Thats ok. I can manage this.

Also correct me if I'm wrong that i may not have reached a 100% Skill level but it starts to gather xp for skills and perks once the crew is 100% so

At tier 1 crew is 100% and i start the sixth sense on my commander then i purchase tier 2. My crew in tier1 tank is 100% and skill lets say at 20%

When i play with tier2 ihave crew from tier1 tank and crew may not be at 100% but the skill will be at 20%???

As soon as i make that crew 100% on tier2 tank the skill will start from 20%...??

And so on till i reach tier5 M4 tank with same crew from previous tank can have skill reached upto say 90% and while crew members may be anywhere between 80-90%

So i play and make the crew members to 100% and then the skill or perk will start from 90%(or whatever) and i will be able to complete my first skill finally.  

And when i go to next tier onwards my sixth sense will work in each tank from the first battle for each tank upto tier10. Atleast commander will be same for all the tanks. 

steeve_old #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Corporal

• 34863 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

if you have a perk it will remain with the crew member but will not be activated until crew reaches 100% again. some perks i think will give you a percentage of bonus relative to the % of perk trained but only after crew member is 100% so you will notice a dramatic improvement after getting the crew 100% trained hence the advice to spend more time in elited tanks

perhaps waasabi or another mod can post the graph of crew skills

good luck

drIshanSharma #10 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Private

• 554 battles
Can you also tell me how premium tank helps in crew training

Profanisaurus #11 Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostdrIshanSharma, on 14 March 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

You can put a crew of the same nation and type in a premium tank and they will operate at their trained level in the premium tank. Premium tanks also give you 50% more experience and credits so you train a crew more rapidly.

Puggsley #12 Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostdrIshanSharma, on 14 March 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

You suffer no penalty for putting the same nationality and tank class crew into a premium tank. 

Premium tanks generally have XP bonus modifers, you will train up your crew faster. They also mostly earn additional credit and being elite allow you to tick on "accelerated training" immediately.

YOu will also find that you will accumulate a large number of low tier premiums which will give you quite a few opportunities to get a daily double win with extra XP.

drIshanSharma #13 Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Private

• 554 battles
Yes. Ok. You are right. May be i should try this thing now. And will ask questions if any problem occurs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users