Meta Changes Due To Wheeled Vehicles

meta wheeled vehicles

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Rem223_ #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

Private

• 42304 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

Due to the introduction of wheeled vehicles the game meta has completely changed for the worse. Artillery and the slower TDs are being out spotted and destroyed only minutes into the game making both types of vehicles redundant. Even normal scouts are being marginalized as the auto aim means that the wheelies can shot you with every shot whilst doing max speed 

I am sure that other players that shot the wheeled vehicles are sharing my frustration at most tanks inability to hit them on the move. Then to top things off when you do hit them you only do critical hits or low damage?

It is sad that War Gaming keep bringing out the overpowered vehicles, in the hope of making a few extra bucks. In my opinion they are just shitting on their player base which is leading to the demise of the game.

Its a sad day for the players and the game in general that they cannot fix the existing problems with the game, but seem intent on compounding them to their own demise.

So thats my rant for today. feel free to join me.

kickim #2 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

First lieutenant

• 48786 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Chill bro.

Pubbies tend to take a bit more time to react to meta changes. Anti-scout play is more important now.

LT, MTs now need to be prepared to counter those yolo runs and not just focus on getting to key positions. Hell, most dun even look at the mini-map and see the danger despite pinging madly.

SPGs need 6th sense more than ever.... also, redline bushing if prolly not safe anymore, prolly need to park at the flanks nearer to or right behind friendly forces.

Buck3t #3 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18758 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Anything that makes Arty and camping TDs worse is good for the game.

Ezz #4 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65694 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I find it an odd balancing element that in exchange for shitty view range they are untrackable, very fast and have accurate guns on the move.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

calm_martian #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Private

• 2849 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostRem223_, on 14 March 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

It is sad that War Gaming keep bringing out the overpowered vehicles, in the hope of making a few extra bucks. In my opinion they are just shitting on their player base which is leading to the demise of the game.

It is frustrating that WG are currently plugging the achievements and success of wheeled vehicles in an effort to justify their unpopular decision to introduce them, when the fact is a majority of players still hate them and don't want them in the game.

How about some statistics by way of a player satisfaction survey on wheeled vehicles. That'll give more telling results.

Edited by calm_martian, 14 March 2019 - 03:13 PM.

JellyBob_ #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 45367 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
VERY VERY untrackable I hit 1 full on with my G W E-100 and Nothing just a critical hit and it happens time and time again   :amazed:

Ezz #7 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65694 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJellyBob_, on 14 March 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

VERY VERY untrackable I hit 1 full on with my G W E-100 and Nothing just a critical hit and it happens time and time again   

Maybe if they made all lights untrackable it would be ok. Good for the game and all that.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Preditor1 #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• 32686 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-
People who usually defend these "tanks" are the people who enjoy stat padding the easy way and this vehicle is the best thing you can use for both assistance and damage wise.
This thing isn't even balanced and it makes people camp even more since they don't want to get spotted then murdered on the spot
These wheelies are too fast and have weird hitboxes like I shot one in the side with a borsig with the shorty which bounced off its side.
Like how the hell ?It's bigger than it and weights more yet it bounced or crits it ?

These vehicles make players
-Camp more at base
-Game end too quickly
-Make passive scouting in light tanks harder since its job is to scout as well but passive is no longer an option since it literally gets spotted and gets blown up to bits by HE shells
-Makes slow TD gameplay even worse since they can't turn around and hit the damn thing and even if they did they would either crit or it blocks it
-Weird hitboxes as said sometimes you do damage sometimes you break wheels but won't help you much anyways they can always fix it and run away while you reload or others do
-Auto aim and better chance of hitting targets on the move literally why is this even a feature anyways ?Just because its fast it gets an auto aim feature and I know it doesn't lead the shot but it still hits the target regardless of speed or distance
-The HE damage on this vehicle is beyond troll it does more damage to you then you can hit it.

A lot of people don't like it not because of "people don't like change" or "arty players are crying because they die" I hate arty anyways but these things ruin other tank's gameplay and promotes camping rather then stop camping.

CaptainNoch_01 #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• 20743 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

The problem seems to be that most people are just overreacting. We don't want wheeled tanks so it is natural that people only point out their downsides, heck even their strengths are turned into negative aspects (auto-aim accurate at fast speed). 

I don't play much lately. However, even after the introduction of wheelies, I don't find much change in meta at all. Case being that players are simply over-abusing their speed which turns into suiscout/suicide yolo runs. Sure, perhaps slow TDs and arties are at a disadvantage, but it only takes minor adjustments, not necessarily an overhaul of meta. That is just plain overreaction. If I am not mistaken, they have poor view range. Unless you're too forward or they are rushing you, they should be spotted first (unless you have terrible camo). Last few games I played, that was the case. They get spotted rushing and they get caught in front of 3-4 LTs/MTs.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Buck3t #10 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18758 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPreditor1, on 14 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

People who usually defend these "tanks" are the people who enjoy stat padding the easy way and this vehicle is the best thing you can use for both assistance and damage wise.
This thing isn't even balanced and it makes people camp even more since they don't want to get spotted then murdered on the spot
These wheelies are too fast and have weird hitboxes like I shot one in the side with a borsig with the shorty which bounced off its side.
Like how the hell ?It's bigger than it and weights more yet it bounced or crits it ?

-Camp more at base
-Game end too quickly
-Make passive scouting in light tanks harder since its job is to scout as well but passive is no longer an option since it literally gets spotted and gets blown up to bits by HE shells
-Makes slow TD gameplay even worse since they can't turn around and hit the damn thing and even if they did they would either crit or it blocks it
-Weird hitboxes as said sometimes you do damage sometimes you break wheels but won't help you much anyways they can always fix it and run away while you reload or others do
-Auto aim and better chance of hitting targets on the move literally why is this even a feature anyways ?Just because its fast it gets an auto aim feature and I know it doesn't lead the shot but it still hits the target regardless of speed or distance
-The HE damage on this vehicle is beyond troll it does more damage to you then you can hit it.

A lot of people don't like it not because of "people don't like change" or "arty players are crying because they die" I hate arty anyways but these things ruin other tank's gameplay and promotes camping rather then stop camping.

Most of what you said and claim is factually false. I agree the hitboxes need to be looked at but by no means are other light tanks useless now because of them but are just required to be played differently.
I'd love to see evidence of your claim that people who support these tanks being in the game are "statpadders" and what exactly is a "stat padder".

CardinalMite #11 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:11 AM

First lieutenant

• 27780 battles

View PostPreditor1, on 14 March 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

-Camp more at base
-Game end too quickly

Sigh, look I don't mind if people don't like this class but some of the histrionics is just getting ridiculous. You  like many others make all kinds of definitive claims and actually present no evidence or information to back up those claims.

As for claiming that anyone who likes the class is just a stat padder; that is just a lazy argument designed to prejudice against anyone that would have a different opinion to you. If your arguments are persuasive then that is all you need.

But try actually using some logic hey? By the way some of your claims actually contradict each other... 

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 March 2019 - 12:12 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Puggsley #12 Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:48 AM

Captain

• 65179 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Some of the best dummy spitting for ages.

:popcorn:

Saffelicious #13 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:04 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 36793 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPreditor1, on 14 March 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

-Camp more at base
-Game end too quickly

how do you statpad with the worst DPM gun in the game! 

teach me

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Profanisaurus #14 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
...and no view range.

spacewolf #15 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 71265 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1. They aren't OP.

2. They haven't negated other LT's. 13 57 loves these, as do 432's. I'd bet black dog's love em too. 

3. The players that are being caught by them are bad, and should feel bad. Don't want to get spotted while you sit in spawn? Fine, move from spawn, and not into open map. Logic 101 bro.

4. Stat padding in them....LOL uwotm9.

Ima head to Bunnings and get a snag on bread, with onion on top cause that's how I roll - all OP with top onion padding my snag stats. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Puggsley #16 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

Captain

• 65179 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostSaffelicious, on 15 March 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

how do you statpad with the worst DPM gun in the game! 

teach me

First take out your brain.......

Profanisaurus #17 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Saffee's way ahead of you there Puggs.

<waves>

spacewolf #18 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71265 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Funniest thing about these threads is, (I think Ezz may have said this) the wheelies are probably the most balanced class released. They can be good, but they can be bloody painful. 

Anyone that's still interested in the game will find them quite interesting, probably fun, but certainly a good challenge. They are certainly not OP but they aren't UP either.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Angmar_ #19 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

Corporal

• 18519 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View Postspacewolf, on 15 March 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Funniest thing about these threads is, (I think Ezz may have said this) the wheelies are probably the most balanced class released. They can be good, but they can be bloody painful. 

Anyone that's still interested in the game will find them quite interesting, probably fun, but certainly a good challenge. They are certainly not OP but they aren't UP either.

I get mine killed by running into walls and other large stationary objects all the time, brings you to a stop and then you can't just turn and run away like you could in a normal light tank. Still, it's kinda fun to play.

spacewolf #20 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:25 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71265 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yea I do that a bit too, even with decent FPS and ping. My care factor is low so I just lol it off, and that makes them kinda fun to play.

Honestly if I put effort in I'd probably really enjoy them. They are interesting and challenging, and the closest thing to balanced I've seen in the game for a while. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Also tagged with meta, wheeled, vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users