• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

pr154 #1 Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:12 AM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26752 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Hey Commanders!

Thought I'd share a problem and solution I've encountered changing our clans logo, in the hope that other clanners don't have the same issue I did and needlessly waste gold. Note, I have lodged a ticket with WarGaming in the hope that the cost of unsuccessful attempts may be recovered

So I drag and drop my square GIF into the appropriate window, and this is what I get... Clean, crisp lines and all details in place... Seems okay? Commit 500G to the cause

Logo-1-Before Payment.png

But NOPE! Post-processing distorts and pixellates the bejeezus out of the image... Not what I paid for at all!

I initially tried this at the images original 696x969 resolution, and again for another 500G at a 300x300 resolution, achieving more or less the same pixellated garbage result...

Logo-2-After Payment.png

Solution: The common denominator was that both images were GIF's. Rolling the dice again, I dropped another 500G by trying with a 300x300 PNG file. This time the quality of the image was preserved, and REIGN now enjoys nice clean and crisp logos on its tanks and in game services.

Discussion: Unfortunately when the preview of your emblem infers a much higher quality than the actual result, this is a problem! I've requested a refund of the 1,000G dropped on the unsuccessful attempts, because the distorted abortion that resulted each time was not what I paid for! If reasonably-sized GIF's can't make it through post-payment processing without pixellating to that degree then the platform simply shouldn't accept GIF's, thus saving well-intentioned clan officers from wasting their hard-earned gold.

Type-64.jpg

Skitzo_nz #2 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• 16844 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Yeah PR, I feel for you. Its an easy problem for WG to fix and I hope its on a backlog of issues somewhere. GIF is a very common format these days. It will be very interesting to see how WG respond to your ticket.

pr154 #3 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26752 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Update: Big thanks and +1 Internetz to WarGaming's Customer Service team, who have responded favourably to my support ticket and refunded the 1,000G gold expended in the unsuccessful attempts
They have passed on the concerns raised regarding their emblem platform to another team for further review

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, so that other Commanders won't have the same issue. In the meantime, a reminder to other Commanders making Clan Logo changes:
- Use PNG, not GIF, as this was the common denominator of pixellated failure despite what the platform might tell you...
- Use square images sized according to the recommended standard templates (currently 195x195 for Webpage Emblem, 64x64 for Tank Decal & Global Map Emblem)

Also tagged with clan, emblem, logo, change, distorted, pixellated, solved, gif, png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users