T110E5 us tier x heavy tank

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Razgriz81 #1 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Private

• 9467 battles

Haters gonna hate,

Pretty sure there were thousand of articles already about this topic.

For god sake wargamming......That top hatch weakness is too much don't you think.

Will all the tier X tank out there, E5:

Not the highest damage dealer (well fast reload sure, but dmg/penetrated bullet....welp)

Pretty much got [content removed] from side, and back and below side.

Any hull down position only work when that hatch is covered some how

It used to be jack of all trade tank...but now is jack of almost nothing and still no specialty.

Honestly,,,how do u blow up a tank just by shooting its hatch anyway?...i know wot is not a full tactical tank simulator and more like an arcade...but still .... sigh.

At least make the hatch 1 bonus shot only....after it get blown up....treated it as open hull and if arty bulls eye it.....we get instant death.......still better than get blown up by 12 tank firing only at the hatch. -_-

Bypassing the profanity filter

Content removed, user warned.

~Alita_My_Angel

Edited by Alita_My_Angel, 22 March 2019 - 12:15 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Change to something like this?

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

pokeranger24 #3 Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View PostRazgriz81, on 19 March 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Honestly,,,how do u blow up a tank just by shooting its hatch anyway?...i know wot is not a full tactical tank simulator and more like an arcade...but still .... sigh.

Possible solution to this is introducing Damage Saturation mechanics

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Ezz #4 Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:41 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Or rather than buffing the e5,  just give other tanks weakspots too. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Angmar_ #5 Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:51 AM

Corporal

• 20612 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View PostEzz, on 20 March 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

Or rather than buffing the e5,  just give other tanks weakspots too. 

It's not like the E5 is hard to pen elsewhere though, unless you're shooting the upper plate, tier 8's can pretty comfortably pen the hull on an e5 from pretty much any angle. Reducing it's massive cupola weak spot wouldn't be such a huge buff.

Ezz #6 Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAngmar_, on 20 March 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

It's not like the E5 is hard to pen elsewhere though, unless you're shooting the upper plate, tier 8's can pretty comfortably pen the hull on an e5 from pretty much any angle. Reducing it's massive cupola weak spot wouldn't be such a huge buff.

The point was less about the e5 specifically, but more about upper tier balance in general. Sure they could buff the e5, but do we really want more sconqs / chieftains etc. running around?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #7 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:22 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postpokeranger24, on 20 March 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

Possible solution to this is introducing Damage Saturation mechanics

I can just imagine the whining about getting a zero/low damage penetrating shot......

I think Damage Saturation works on WoWS because you have a choice about where to aim. And players are used to having very low hit percentages due to the long range engagements.

WoT players are almost always north of 60% hit rates. They are used to (have to with regular ammo) pixel sniping well armoured tanks.

It would be so easy to abuse and game in a hull down position. Potentially game breaking. Certainly would make sprem & HE spam orders of magnitude worse.

Edited by Puggsley, 20 March 2019 - 08:23 AM.

TheRealHaifisch #8 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25985 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

i mean, they nerfed the T110E5 and then brought out the Super Conq, and the Wz-11111111?1, and the 705, and the Object 277

poor E5

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

CardinalMite #9 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostAngmar_, on 19 March 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Not sure I entirely agree with that. The E5 went from universally seen as OP, to pinata almost overnight with simply a nerf of the previously overbuffed cupola. Front on and LFP covered, it was tanking a lot more than it should with the strong cupola. I am not aware that the front on hull was also nerfed at the same time.

That said living in a world of obj 279s, Super Conqs, Chieftains, obj 268v4s and 430Us now, it is arguable that the E5 needs some kind of buff now.

Better still would be some weak spots added to all those other tier 10s.... Unfortunately WG seem intent on continuously dumbing down the game, so players actually having to have knowledge and learn weak spots appears to be too difficult.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Profanisaurus #10 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Once they think there is value to be had from players grinding that line they will overbuff it again. I suspect there are alot of E5s in garages still. When that percentage lowers they will buff it again.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

CardinalMite #11 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 20 March 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Once they think there is value to be had from players grinding that line they will overbuff it again. I suspect there are alot of E5s in garages still. When that percentage lowers they will buff it again.

You are not suggesting that WG balance department is actually the marketing department? That is just shocking I tell you... shocking...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Angmar_ #12 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• 20612 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View PostCardinalMite, on 20 March 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Not sure I entirely agree with that. The E5 went from universally seen as OP, to pinata almost overnight with simply a nerf of the previously overbuffed cupola. Front on and LFP covered, it was tanking a lot more than it should with the strong cupola. I am not aware that the front on hull was also nerfed at the same time.

That said living in a world of obj 279s, Super Conqs, Chieftains, obj 268v4s and 430Us now, it is arguable that the E5 needs some kind of buff now.

Better still would be some weak spots added to all those other tier 10s.... Unfortunately WG seem intent on continuously dumbing down the game, so players actually having to have knowledge and learn weak spots appears to be too difficult.

My point is more that the e5 has weak spots outside of its cupola, unlike other tier 10's you have mentioned, so sure it would be powerful hull down, but if an e5 tries to push or gets caught in the open they are quite weak outside of the upper plate, any angling of the e5 just opens up a new weak spot.

There's quite few tier 10's now that tier 8's pretty much can't pen from the front even when they aren't hull down, so I guess either the e5 needs a buff, or as others have said, the rest need a nerf.

Razgriz81 #13 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:02 AM

Private

• 9467 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 19 March 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Change to something like this?

Sure....I'll take this over E5 now....at least that thing takes about 30 second do destroy........U know how fast E5 can go nowadays? That 30 second is like mighty buff.

Honestly.....just the cupola or hatch.....whatever you called it.. Make it harder as before..... I mean they nerved all other side of E5...at least let E5 employ hull down tactic like the previous US heavy tier. -_-

Razgriz81 #14 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

Private

• 9467 battles

View PostAngmar_, on 20 March 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

My point is more that the e5 has weak spots outside of its cupola, unlike other tier 10's you have mentioned, so sure it would be powerful hull down, but if an e5 tries to push or gets caught in the open they are quite weak outside of the upper plate, any angling of the e5 just opens up a new weak spot.

There's quite few tier 10's now that tier 8's pretty much can't pen from the front even when they aren't hull down, so I guess either the e5 needs a buff, or as others have said, the rest need a nerf.

Totally agree with this...but honestly....I'm not asking for other tank to be nerfed...just spare the E5 that 1 cupola handicap....

Razgriz81 #15 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

Private

• 9467 battles

So....just to make this topic more lively.... at the client today: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/special-01apr2019-on-track-T110E5/

"[Special] On Track to the T110E5

an hour ago

Tank Commanders,

The T110E5 is the featured vehicle for this On Track edition! A trusty warhorse of the American tech tree, this Tier X heavy has been the ultimate goal of many virtual tankers past and present.

And that's not without reason - with a thick layer of armour strapped on the front hull and turret, this vehicle is versatile enough to assume any role in the battlefield.

Roll out!"

I supposed the dev forgot to mention "with a thick layer of armour strapped on the front hull and turret and Super Awesome Incredible Large and Weak/easy-to-pen Cupolla, this vehicle is versatile enough to assume any role as easy target for any opponent tank in the battlefield"

Edited by Razgriz81, 01 April 2019 - 03:31 PM.

Razgriz81 #16 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Private

• 9467 battles

Big updates and still no changes for e5 cupola......sigh.......its not like great number of players are wot chuck norris

Just the cupola..........welp....lets wait for another few month then..... :(

ManakaTakane #17 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• 18043 battles
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS

I still don't have an E5, but I already got the M103 and It's painful to play, the power creep is real.

I treat M103s and E5s as pinata and I felt really bad because of it, I was driving an IS-7 and the enemy E5 can't do anything against me hull down, pretty sad.

Back before there's Sup.Conq, E5 sure is OP but It's not really hard to kill back then because of the non-existent side armor and weak lower plate but Sup.Conq is a whole new level of OPness, it has the fire rate, the armor, better in sidescrapping and importantly no weakspot when hulldown. 

Nerf other tanks, or buff the E5, that's it, the 235-245mm of effective cupola armor is killing this tank, even T32 and T29/T30 has stronger turret so what gives? 

Choice 1: Buff E5's cupola but left a tiny bit of weakspot in the middle, but buff the all around cupola's armor making it 270-275mm effectiveness, the center weakspot should has 250-257mm of armor effectiveness. (When facing head to head.)

Choice 2: Buff the mobility, more gun handling and fire-rate surpassing Sup.Conq. 

And please buff M103 roof armor, like... dang, 120mm guns melt the roof like a hot knife through butter, it won't hurt to buff it since we have Emil II and T30 in the game, they basically has impenetrable turret when hulldown and head on.

Oh, M103 upper mantlet is weak too.

Honestly, we have IS-7, S.Conq, T-5, Kranvagn, UDES MTs and Russian MT's in the game, buffing M103 and E5 won't break the game. 

"Die because of trying, or live without any effort"

MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32761 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostTheRealHaifisch, on 20 March 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

i mean, they nerfed the T110E5 and then brought out the Super Conq, and the Wz-11111111?1, and the 705, and the Object 277

poor E5

I loved that. A couple patches after they nerfed the E5 cupola, they brought out a tank that is stronger than the E5 with buffed cupola.

:trollface:

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Del_McSpeck #19 Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Corporal

• 20619 battles
  • [REF] REF
All this powercreep is exactly the reason why I'm reluctant to go up the E5. Even playing my M103 nowadays feels like I'm playing a tank that has nothing good going for it. Tank don't even have to hit the cupola of the M103, they overmatch the roof anyways. Damage is meh for a tier 9 heavy at this point. And it can't even sidescrape effectively. It's a painful tank, and now I don't have the motivation to play it since they tier X isn't even that good anymore.

LUCK_NORRIS #20 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Corporal

• 17436 battles

View PostRazgriz81, on 03 May 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Big updates and still no changes for e5 cupola......sigh.......its not like great number of players are wot chuck norris

Just the cupola..........welp....lets wait for another few month then..... :(

I still have this tank collecting dust. BTW I am not chuck norris but still :trollface:

Edited by LUCK_NORRIS, 04 June 2019 - 12:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users