• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 11303 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi Commanders,

With 1.4.1 coming soon, we would like to invite everyone to share their thoughts and comments on the changes. We have Crew Skins, Blue Prints, and Rewards for Merit on display. Of course, there's also painting your Tier VII tanks! 
Do share with us your feedback within this thread. Thank you.

For more information on the update, please see our news article. 

https://worldoftanks.asia/1.4.1/

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

SLAV_ROBIN #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 31326 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Painting tier 7s!  FINALLY! (the rock has come back to.......)

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Profanisaurus #3 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
That's my evening sorted. Tank barbie is the real meta.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Jalopy_one #4 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

Private

• 18369 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

I'm an average player one of the people that make up the bottom 50%, you know, a low achiever that pays money to try and be hopefully competitive. been Playing a couple of hours now and haven't got a reward for merit yet.. tastes like sour grapes to see yet another prize for those players that already have more rewards than they can fit into their Alien laptop.

from an enthusiastic Tanker that plays because it looks cool.

steeve_old #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• 42471 battles

i too am an ordinary player

i got a reward for merit after doing not much in a losing side

Big_Red_Tomato #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

NA Beta Tester

• 38958 battles

Block Quote

Crew Skins – Get Creative! Did we just see a crew wearing a unicorn mask?

No, "we" didn't, since as far as I can tell from reading the article and playing the game for 7 years, only the player who has that crew can see that crew.

Honest question: What IS the point of Crew Skins??

2nd Honest question: Why not get the programmers to fix actual issues with the game instead of creating more ridiculous crap that no-one needs, wants or asks for (apologies if there are 0.03% of players asking for crew skins)?

Suggestion: Bring back the ability to chat with Red team, and ban players who abuse that by giving away locations, it can't be THAT hard to do, considering you only have to look at:
A) players who chatted to Red team
B) who have coordinates or locations mentioned in their chat to Red team

C) And Red team fires or moves into that location soon after the chat

D) And Red team kills arty (usually) or last tank/s of Green team in that location.

I'm sure programmers who can come up with unicorn masks for crew, that no-one but the crew's owner ever sees, would welcome the mild challenge of searching chat logs for griefers, they'd probably be very satisfied and motivated to do so, if they also play the game and miss trash-talking Red team!

Edit: Love how the Bait and Switch "move from NA to Asia, Aussies!" debacle removed my beta tester tags and stuff. Member since 10-31-2017? Uh... try April 2011... Just another thing wrong with the game that needs fixing, but won't ever get fixed when instead: we can get crew skins!!

Edit2: I sit corrected, it DOES say, in small print above my pic, NA Beta Tester, small yay! :)
Still has my start date wrong, though. And I thought beta testers got more fancy crap than a simple acknowledgement?  Meh...

Edited by Big_Red_Tomato, 26 March 2019 - 06:30 PM.

Rem223_ #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

Private

• 46335 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

LOL Wargaming at their finest.

Supply more useless skins and other crap rather then fixing the base line problems with the game.

1. Match making needs a complete fix especially tier 8s, sick of being on the bottom
  2. Having moved from the NA server to Asia to get a better ping only to have them move the server further away. Now have same ping as before???
  3. Never see so many people using aim bots and other illegal mods since moving to Asia. WOT do nothing.
  4. Can not move between servers had to give up my EU account when i came back home after working in the UK. Not a hard fix this one.
  5. The introduction of the wheeled vehicles. Like what are you guys on? Have seen an EBR get hit by a Pz E100 three times for critical hits only. Has made slow TDs, arty and other scout vehicles redundant.
  6. Please bring back the inter team chat. At least that was fun.

I am sure that i could write a novel of things to fix but start with these.

As a sub note:

If any of my staff treated my customers the way War Gaming treat their players i would have kicked their [edited] to the curb.

It is a sad to watch a company that had such great potential to make good money over the long term, shoot itself in the head for the sake of a quick buck.

DeadArashi #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:28 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12895 battles

Ok real talk

• Rewards for Merits is great
  • being able to get blueprints to reduce research cost is bloody brilliant*... 
  • Why should I bother with crew skins when there have been mods doing the same thing since the game released that appeal to me more?

*though it benefits older players who already have most tanks then it does new players. Seriously, if you just get your first tier 5 what are the [edited] chances you're going to get the blueprints for the tanks you actually want? If you already have most tanks researched the chances of making them national or universal to use on tanks you want rises exponentially.

So while this update seems to be about easing the grind for new players, it just adds another level of frustration when you don't get the blueprints that you want and just further benefits the older players

Ezz #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The rewards for merit seems mostly random.

Blueprints i'm yet to assess, but if all it does is speed up pubbies reaching the upper tiers then it's obviously a bad idea for gameplay.

Crew skins?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

reddog2019 #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

Private

• 29 battles

I looking at the crew skins and feel they are worthless. The merit rewards are nice but I would like to know how they are caluated.

WOT keeps added stuff, but doesn't fit the real problems of the game like ( Matchmaker and Gold Ammo). Also we need to fix Premium account and make it a monthly fee like maybe $15 for 1 month, $35 for 90 days, $60 for 180 days and $99 for 360 days. Last les look at Skills, I think we nee to have skill sets that apply to tank tiers,  For example, tier 1 and 2 tanks can only concealment and Clutch breaking. tier 3 and 4 add repairs and six sense etc. ( Main idea if you have a that has 3 or 4 skills each and move them to a lower tier tank  they loss those skills). This would help to get new player into the game because they would have a more level playing field. 

HoPeY_ #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major

• 104495 battles

So some things missing (ok, not just for patches).

6th sense for the Commander so new people have a chance.

New maps, old maps returned in HD.

30% Nerf to gold spam damage.

Return to Singapore server or at least getting the HK server sorted out.

ANZ server turned off to discourage cheating and bots in quiet times.

A working CW system that rewards achievement but also encourages new teams and growth.

SPG Nerf.. How many wanted what they have planned? Just reduce it to 2 SPG. See how that goes for 6 months and go to 1 if required.

Can we work on those instead of horses heads?

Just over 10K total online tonight, guess the excitement for this patch was just too much for some.

Edited by _Brains_, 26 March 2019 - 08:11 PM.

PDP11 #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• 32141 battles

At least this update is going to have the desired effect of reducing the number of SPGs in the queues.

First we had the nerf that limited SPGs to HE rounds. Now stun duration is reduced without an adjustment to the EXP calculation. Reducing the stun duration will mean there is less time for team members to damage a stunned tank. Reducing the damage credited to the SPG will reduce the EXP earned therefore it will be harder for an SPG to gain levels in Frontline.

My response to this nerf is very simple, I'm going to stop play WoT. This has the desired effect of removing one more SPG player from WoT.

HoPeY_ #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

Major

• 104495 battles
SPG's aren't nerfed yet, just in testing soon.

Ezz #14 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:51 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Brains_, on 27 March 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

SPG's aren't nerfed yet, just in testing soon.

No no, it was a huge nerf and people should definitely not play them any more. 

Edited by Ezz, 27 March 2019 - 08:54 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #15 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:52 AM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

I think new crew voices would have a lot more appeal than new crew skins. As most people have pointed out, it's one of the most trivial mods possible to swap a crew portrait and you only see them briefly in the garage, if you look at all.

New voices would be something you'd actually see change in-game, plus you could replace the voices which annoy you the most (the American English one for me), and give different tanks more personality. Currently I have a mod which allows you to use existing voice packs for different specific tanks (so I have an "Italian" T30 "Semovante" ), but even that's still fairly limited.

Also, yes, dear god, yes - BRING BACK MORE OLD MAPS. MORE NEW MAPS (but not hot garbage like Ghost Town, FFS).

Edited by FramFramson, 27 March 2019 - 06:53 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #16 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

Major

• 76080 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Awards for merit are a good idea, if they are really for merit. They could encourage players to improve if that is the case AND IT IS COMMUNICATED! Otherwise they will just become another "meh" feature. 

I like that players with not many tanks unresearched have to allocate a lot of universal/national ones to make 1 part of a blueprint - this goes a fair way towards evening out the older/newer player balance. 

I had initially thought maybe give newer players who have a lot of lines still unresearched the ability to select that rewards are not allocated to say half of their lines. Then there is an element of randomness but sort of allows that blueprints are not spread too thinly to be of benefit. But this is partially offset by the low number of blueprints for low tiers which kind of locks of any further allocation to lines you don't want to research. Can see how this will help encourage people to research other lines (a bit) which is a WG goal. So something for everyone.

Skins have no appeal to me, I don't linger in garage gazing at my crew.....

My wishlist is simple - a rethink about making maps which allow some freedom to operate for all classes - bigger maps with non-corridor zones.

Then some new maps to flow from this. I think map design is the root cause of many of the issues in the game.

Without a change in map design I am ambivalent about the gold ammo changes as it will just hand a massive advantage to heavily armoured tanks - which will also get a big advantage from the proposed arty changes. Low pen standard ammo tanks need room to move. TBH I cannot see the gold changes taking place at all as the Russian tanks will be some of the most nerfed which is 13 parallel universes away from WG's observed strategy regarding Ruskie tanks. 

I have certainly responded to the potential for an arty nerf by taking the old girls out to get missions done. Can't remember the last time I played them. M53/55 with the small gun is the best "confederate" farmer by a mile.

Its surprising how many of the 279 missions seem purpose built for arty. 

Edited by Puggsley, 27 March 2019 - 08:31 AM.

FramFramson #17 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostPuggsley, on 26 March 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Its surprising how many of the 279 missions seem purpose built for arty.

The arty requirements in general have really soured me on the newer personal missions.

And I'm someone who's completed the original set of SPG missions with honours (I forget if I have the SPG15-4 with honours, but otherwise it's all done) without having done so for any other class.

Puggsley #18 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

Major

• 76080 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

That and blocking missions......

Tracks count as armour in the damage models, wondering why angling and using your tracks to eat damage doesn't count as blocking?

U12D13 #19 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:52 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 45013 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS

View PostPuggsley, on 27 March 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Tracks count as armour in the damage models, wondering why angling and using your tracks to eat damage doesn't count as blocking?

Or those fully blocked HE shells (no crit, no dmg ones)... 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [TRAPS] family! Weekly Advances and CWs~ Now recruiting!

FramFramson #20 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostPuggsley, on 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Oh that also pisses me off so much. I'd have beaten HT-15-3 several times over already if HE pseudo-bounces counted.

Edited by FramFramson, 27 March 2019 - 11:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users