Very tough for a newbie

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ahwai82 #1 Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

Private

• 1762 battles
  • [KAFC] KAFC

Started playing a month ago but things is just rough, i wanna learn as i go but everytime barely 2min into a match half team dead and being a complete noob what can i do.

Then have a look i'm up against players with 20K 50K or even 100K matches played compare to me with 500+ match and started a month ago

How do newbie like me wanna go on? keep losing keep doing nothing only thing i learn is game is just not for newbies :(

HoPeY_ #2 Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

Major

• 101615 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

One of games promises has been a crew skills re jig. Sadly this is just another, forgotten promise. The most important one of them was the Commander (or maybe RO) get 6th sense naturally so even new people know they are spotted.

WG needs to work on this. Quickly.

steeve_old #3 Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• 36204 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

Yes this game has a cruel learning curve but there are a few things you can do to lessen the pain first and fore most is just focus on your game dont worry about winning just try to do your best, being top 3 in a losing side is somthing to hang your hat, on being bottom in a winning team means nothing 

there are hundreds of vids about every tank on youtube watch learn and remember one day you to will be a gold spamming unicum  with a 5skill crew

GOODLUCK HAVE FUN gl/hf

ahwai82 #4 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:08 PM

Private

• 1762 battles
  • [KAFC] KAFC

thanks for the encouragement

but after playing for a month plus all i see is being shot by premium round even on low tiers and the constant stun by arty

maybe its fun for those pay WG alot money but cant say i have any fun anymore at this point

azls73 #5 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 36259 battles

Master Yoda quote " Patience Young Padawan" & " Do Or Do Not There is No Try"

After you get Tier 5 tanks it might feel better !!

Learn from WOT Wiki - The best place for learning !! most all seniors players learning from wiki. 

Nobody after birth already could drive tanks ( may be Master Yoda could )

Cheers bro

FramFramson #6 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:42 AM

Major

• 44797 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postazls73, on 27 March 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

Master Yoda quote " Patience Young Padawan" & " Do Or Do Not There is No Try"

After you get Tier 5 tanks it might feel better !!

Learn from WOT Wiki - The best place for learning !! most all seniors players learning from wiki. 

Nobody after birth already could drive tanks ( may be Master Yoda could )

Cheers bro

If he's getting stunned by arty, he's definitely past Tier 5.

Sticking to Tier 4 or 5 for the time being may help you have better games, then you can move up once you feel like you have some more understanding of the game.

Edited by FramFramson, 28 March 2019 - 06:42 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Karnnie #7 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

Private

• 482 battles

The game has a learning curve you cant speed it up. We all went through that phase. Being said that, there are few things you can focus on while your journey.

Use premium time, it helps with faster exp of modules and also crew exp. A fully researched tank with 100% crew will perform much better than a stock tank with 75% crew,

Secondly, try to stay with your team members and dont go alone in any flank, try to shoot enemies who are already engaged with someone rather than going 1 vs 1. 

The basics of the game like camo, view mechanics, armor use etc, you will learn gradually so dont worry. ALso, try watch plenty of youtube videos on the particular tank you are playing right now. 

Puggsley #8 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• 69738 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Most important thing is not to be in a rush. And its a great indicator that you are on the forums so early. Well done.

I had a lot of games under my belt but in truth they were probably 5k of the same game, just played over and over. I was a slow learner.

If you want to get gud, then 10 games you extract as much learning from as you can are worth 1000 where you get killed and jump into another battle as fast as you can.

If i had my time over i would break it into a few different parts.

BEFORE PRESSING "BATTLE"

• Learn the mechanics of the game. Read the wiki's it will take you maybe 10 minutes. 
  • Watch videos not just of great games but from streamers who will explain things and are educational as a priority. eg 4tankersanddog has a lot of videos explaining how to play, from beginners to not so beginner. 
  • Forget any conspiracy theories about WG screwing you over for some reason. This will only stop you from learning and focusing on what you can do to become a better player. 
  • Try to play tanks which are in the main part of the battle initially - you will learn most from these tanks. Heavy tank or Medium Tank. Try to not pick tanks which camp at the edges of battles, you will develop bad habits
  • DO NOT RUSH UP THE TIERS - Tier 5 is a great place to learn the basics. Playing in high tiers exposes you to better players and you will have less chance to try things out to see how it goes. Its just a much more difficult learning experience. You don't learn to drive a manual car by going onto a racetrack with experienced drivers.

AFTER PRESSING "BATTLE"

• DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WINNING - WORRY ABOUT PLAYING WELL. Some games you will win even if you play really badly, some games you will lose even if you play really well. Becoming a good player is all about influencing the game as much as you can. The wins will simply happen because you are getting better. As a new player you have some time to try things out, don't waste the opportunity.
  • THIS IS A TEAM GAME - WORKING WITH JUST ONE OTHER TANK WILL GIVE YOU A LARGE ADVANTAGE. You cannot control what the other players do, but you can control what you do.
  • Try to implement what you have learnt from your research. Try different things out to see what a difference it makes. Worrying about winning will make you tend to not try new things out. It will make learning harder.
  • Good players influence the battle in the first few minutes. They go to important places on the map and are good at dealing out damage while tending to survive. You can learn this the slow way through playing lots of games, or the fast way by doing a little bit of research.

IF YOU DIE 

• DO NOT LEAVE THE BATTLE EARLY
  • press your right mouse button and you will see the view of the next tank on the list. Keep pressing this until you get onto a tank which has killed a few enemies, or is actively involved in the battle. As the game goes on you tend to get the poorer players dying or camping out of the battle. Find a good player and you will learn by watching what they are doing.

AFTER THE BATTLE IS OVER

• Spend a few moments thinking about how you could have gotten another shot of damage into the enemy and stayed alive. Should you have not pushed as far forward? Better use of armour? Need to aim better?

Good Luck

azls73 #9 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 36259 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 28 March 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

If he's getting stunned by arty, he's definitely past Tier 5.

Sticking to Tier 4 or 5 for the time being may help you have better games, then you can move up once you feel like you have some more understanding of the game.

Yes i agreed,,by sticking tier IV and tier V longer are perfect  to make CREDIT,,,make sure your account have 2 millions or more,,because Tier VI tanks price nearly 1 mil+ equipment approx 2 mil + above tier you must use equipment on this level.

__Emerald__ #10 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

Corporal

• 23334 battles
  • [RMEP] RMEP
if you are new, grind some decent tanks to play. T67, M4 Derp, Pz IV H, T71 DA, Amx 13 75, P44 Pantera. At first it will be hard but soon you will love these tank when you have decent crews [2-3 skill] Always learn BIA, and camo first then snapshot , situational awareness etc. Viewrange is crucial in this game because if you can't even spot enemy then how can you able shoot them. And don't play HTs they are just suck, you will hate your life playing HTs since low tier mid tier HTs are blind as bat and they are slow,spgs will focus you, people will spam gold at you so good luck bouncing anything. Suggest people play KV 1 as starter tank is pretty stupid

Edited by __Emerald__, 28 March 2019 - 01:56 PM.

Am i super unicum now OwO?

ahwai82 #11 Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Private

• 1762 battles
  • [KAFC] KAFC

i got to tier 4 and 5 now, but will stay at t5 for awhile as this tier tanks seems to be the best for learning more just that its frustrating having too much 3min match when first 2 to 3 min either enemy or my own team go down so fast i barely do anything or go anywhere yet

guess this is how the game is

FramFramson #12 Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:19 AM

Major

• 44797 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postahwai82, on 28 March 2019 - 02:05 AM, said:

i got to tier 4 and 5 now, but will stay at t5 for awhile as this tier tanks seems to be the best for learning more just that its frustrating having too much 3min match when first 2 to 3 min either enemy or my own team go down so fast i barely do anything or go anywhere yet

guess this is how the game is

Don't worry too much about it. In this game, you will only truly affect the outcome about 30% of the time. 35% of games will be losses no matter what you do, and 35% of game will be wins no matter what you do. That's why even an absolutely awful player will at least have a 35% win rate. Figuring out how to make a difference in that 30% in the middle is what you need to learn.

In a fast loss, just try to stay alive and do damage - it's good practise and better for your wallet. In a fast win, well, it takes longer to learn how to contribute to aggressive fast wins, so for the time being enjoy any free victories.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

ahwai82 #13 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:38 PM

Private

• 1762 battles
  • [KAFC] KAFC

View PostFramFramson, on 29 March 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Don't worry too much about it. In this game, you will only truly affect the outcome about 30% of the time. 35% of games will be losses no matter what you do, and 35% of game will be wins no matter what you do. That's why even an absolutely awful player will at least have a 35% win rate. Figuring out how to make a difference in that 30% in the middle is what you need to learn.

In a fast loss, just try to stay alive and do damage - it's good practise and better for your wallet. In a fast win, well, it takes longer to learn how to contribute to aggressive fast wins, so for the time being enjoy any free victories.

more like which team is more dumb or which team have better players with better crews and so on

thats how wg games is, frustrate all of us doesnt matter what kind of player we are but still we come back for more lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users