IS6 still needs a Buff

IS6 buff buff tank buff is6

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: IS6 need a Buff (10 members have cast votes)

Does the AP pin of IS6 need a buff from 186mm to?

1. 190 (1 vote [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. 198 (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. 200 (1 vote [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. 210 (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Suhrud_Youtube #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

Private

• 8807 battles
  • [INDIA] INDIA

Hi commanders,

I am new here so please correct me if I do any mistakes.

I have been playing the game very religiously and love it.

After looking at tanks like the Defender which is so much better than so many tanks at the Tier 8, I do really feel few changes are required to a few tanks like the IS6 which is a good tank IMO.

let me be to the point.

Pin buff from 186 to 198 or 200 for AP and

APCR is ok no need to buff but if have to then from 225mm to 240mm

Armor hull 110 to 135 or 150 also the front side plates by 20mm

turret from 150mm to 185mm or 200mm

sides turret from 150mm to 160mm or more

sides hull from 100mm to 110mm or more

back of turret from 100mm to 120mm or more

Dispersion form 0.42 to 0.38

View range from 350 to 370

Gun traverse from 26.25 to 28

Tank traverse from 27.11 to 32

Rest is fine because it fights almost 2 of 3 matches with tier 9 and the tank does feel out of the league and under powered.

If nothing please the AP pin really needs to be buffed to 198mm.

also there are other tanks with need help like the T-54 mode 1 proto

just to suggestions re the tank is good.

Its RNG for aiming is very very poor its always a hit or a miss on paper it does look good but its really bad to the point I sold mine also the alpha and the penetration both cant me so bad

either it needs a buff of pin from 190mm to 210mm 

Or a buff of Alpha damage from 250mm to 320mm or more as you see it does meet Tier 10's so many times and would you use this tank to fight tier tens with this pin and alpha damage.

For now these are my suggestions, I hope I have not gone overboard with them,

I do really feel these two tanks really really really need your help and love wargaming as I do love these tanks myself.

Thank you for listening to this new comer,

Love the game just it can be even better,

Thank you again wargaming for such a wonderful game.

Ezz #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I guess you could give it a pen buff and remove its pref MM. But most people prefer pref MM and just deal with the crappy pen.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagpieLord154 #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Private

• 94 battles
  • [RE1GN] RE1GN

Granted if you had a platoon of IS-6's going toe-to-toe with a platoon of Defenders, the IS-6's would likely come off second best, which is why it's not a popular choice for Tier VIII Clan Wars. But the IS-6 still enjoys the DPM advantage over the Obj 252U / Defender, and in my experience can still reliably penetrate the Defenders lower prow plate even with AP. 

You'll probably have a better IS-6 experience in Random Battles, where you will encounter a more diverse range of enemies and by reading the map you can use your decent mobility (for a HT), decent frontal durability and high DPM to exploit vulnerable flanks. The higher ROF allows you to mercilessly bully lower tiers. It is also an excellent tank for completing the HT Campaign Missions to at least the T28 HTC (haven't tried on the next set yet).

The difference between the Defender and the IS-6 shows there are no hard and fast rules for how to play a particular class or nation, and by taking note of the differences between tanks you can extract the best from them in the right setting.

CaptainNoch_01 #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• 21023 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostSuhrud_Youtube, on 25 March 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Hi commanders,

I am new here so please correct me if I do any mistakes.

I have been playing the game very religiously and love it.

After looking at tanks like the Defender which is so much better than so many tanks at the Tier 8, I do really feel few changes are required to a few tanks like the IS6 which is a good tank IMO.

let me be to the point.

Pin buff from 186 to 198 or 200 for AP and

APCR is ok no need to buff but if have to then from 225mm to 240mm

Armor hull 110 to 135 or 150 also the front side plates by 20mm

turret from 150mm to 185mm or 200mm

sides turret from 150mm to 160mm or more

sides hull from 100mm to 110mm or more

back of turret from 100mm to 120mm or more

Dispersion form 0.42 to 0.38

View range from 350 to 370

Gun traverse from 26.25 to 28

Tank traverse from 27.11 to 32

Rest is fine because it fights almost 2 of 3 matches with tier 9 and the tank does feel out of the league and under powered.

If nothing please the AP pin really needs to be buffed to 198mm.

also there are other tanks with need help like the T-54 mode 1 proto

just to suggestions re the tank is good.

Its RNG for aiming is very very poor its always a hit or a miss on paper it does look good but its really bad to the point I sold mine also the alpha and the penetration both cant me so bad

either it needs a buff of pin from 190mm to 210mm 

Or a buff of Alpha damage from 250mm to 320mm or more as you see it does meet Tier 10's so many times and would you use this tank to fight tier tens with this pin and alpha damage.

For now these are my suggestions, I hope I have not gone overboard with them,

I do really feel these two tanks really really really need your help and love wargaming as I do love these tanks myself.

Thank you for listening to this new comer,

Love the game just it can be even better,

Thank you again wargaming for such a wonderful game.

This is where your suggestions become flawed because you're comparing the IS-6 (which has preferential MM) to the Object 252U Defender (which doesn't). In itself, the IS-6 is decent, albeit you would need to spam some gold when meeting those Japanese Heavies and German Heavies. Of course, we already get universal +/-1 MM here in Asia with the occasional +/-2 MM so I'd say, you shouldn't face much issues with IS6 now as compared to in the EU, NA and RU.

As for the T54 Prototype, I think it is decent as well. The gun isn't bad as it may seem considering that mediums are meant to flank, not brawl. Plus, WG can't just buff the gun stats if it shares identical stats with its tech tree counterpart, the T-44. 

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

Suhrud_Youtube #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

Private

• 8807 battles
  • [INDIA] INDIA

Guys

I still do feel that the IS6 has less armor compared to today's tier 8 heavy tanks so slight buff is required.

Imagine playing with a 186 AP pin with a tier 8 heavy tank today when you are going to face tier 9 also this is a premium tank so if you are going to spam APCR then where do you make credits whats the use of buying it?

Thus a slight boost of 198mm AP pin would be appreciated.

In case of Another Tier 8 the T54 mode 1 pro the tank is ok just that it meets Tier X's and now imagine playing with it having only 190mm pin and 250 alpha damage so less in that situation and if you try that tank now 80% of the matches are with tier 9's so its a weak tank, it needs a buff of 210mm pin and alpha damage buff of 300 or 320 seriously.

If you are grinding the tree to obj 430u then the worst tank you have to go through is T44, even after it has a top gun its values are 175 pin and 390 alpha,

in this case the alpha is perfect but what about the pin, and it faces tier X's every 3rd game and tier 9's every 2nd game.

It doesn't even have the armor to face these foes still I dont mind but at least a pin buff to 198mm for the top gun is required ASAP or give it PMM where it does not face tier 9s and tier 10s.

Ezz #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSuhrud_Youtube, on 26 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

give it PMM where it does not face tier 9s and tier 10s.

It doesn't face tier 10s as it is. Not seeing 9s would still not solve the issue facing other PMM tanks - that WG has over buffed a whole bunch of the things you'll face.

Long story short, i can't see them doing a great deal. Last time they talked of removing the PMM the shit hit the fan. And any buffs they could give would necessitate removing that.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CelestiaLudenberg #7 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:21 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 21774 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

I've never had any issues with the WZ-111, which has the same pen but worse armor.

Preferential matchmaking makes them perfectly fine, actually, at most just buff the accuracy or aim time and it's fine.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

CardinalMite #8 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 26 March 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I've never had any issues with the WZ-111, which has the same pen but worse armor.

Preferential matchmaking makes them perfectly fine, actually, at most just buff the accuracy or aim time and it's fine.

To be fair  the wz111 gets 250 pen heat which gives a much better option vs heavily armoured targets than 225 pen APCR. Fact is to be competitive vs same tier opposition in many cases these preferential premium tanks need to use premium ammo. 

We now live in a WoT world where we have tier 8 tanks that have "weak spots" that have 190+ effective armour or no weak spots at all. Add to that 25% RNG on pen and you can see that even with theoretically having enough pen you will still get screwed on a frequent basis.

You can't just give these tanks competitive normal ammo and keep preferential MM, so basically WG have deliberately engineered the current situation by over armouring many tanks and systematically removing the concept of weak spots. Dumbing down for the win...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

mttspiii #9 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSuhrud_Youtube, on 26 March 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Guys

I still do feel that the IS6 has less armor compared to today's tier 8 heavy tanks so slight buff is required.

Imagine playing with a 186 AP pin with a tier 8 heavy tank today when you are going to face tier 9 also this is a premium tank so if you are going to spam APCR then where do you make credits whats the use of buying it?

Thus a slight boost of 198mm AP pin would be appreciated.

In case of Another Tier 8 the T54 mode 1 pro the tank is ok just that it meets Tier X's and now imagine playing with it having only 190mm pin and 250 alpha damage so less in that situation and if you try that tank now 80% of the matches are with tier 9's so its a weak tank, it needs a buff of 210mm pin and alpha damage buff of 300 or 320 seriously.

If you are grinding the tree to obj 430u then the worst tank you have to go through is T44, even after it has a top gun its values are 175 pin and 390 alpha,

in this case the alpha is perfect but what about the pin, and it faces tier X's every 3rd game and tier 9's every 2nd game.

It doesn't even have the armor to face these foes still I dont mind but at least a pin buff to 198mm for the top gun is required ASAP or give it PMM where it does not face tier 9s and tier 10s.

Looks at my KV-5 with gigantic weakspot and even less pen, alpha, armor, and camo.

Yeahrp, your IS-6 isn't in a bad place as much as my KV-5. 280 extra hitpoints is just one arty shot's worth of extra survival.

Also, you're using the wrong gun on the T-44. Use the 100mm and don't be stingy with gold rounds, and you'd find yourself in one of the finest tanks in WoT.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #10 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

^^

Totally agree the T44 is one of the peaches of T8. A fabulous tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users