WoT Classic - OMG the Ping

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Buncey #1 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

Corporal

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 31367 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

WG while I applaud you for changing things up occasionally, with events like this, some though needs to be put into these in the future.

Playing to RU even with WTFast I'm playing at 350ms plus. Lets be honest here, it's only meant for RU and EU players isn't it?

If you are going to continue with these types of events in the future, at least put in on an NA server, so SEA Players can enjoy the event. Maybe it's not so bad for players in Northern Asia, given it's a lot closer to the RU server, i'm not sure. It's not any fun at all for AU and NZ players.

Ket101 #2 Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

Corporal

• 19186 battles
Seems playable from Sydney.  Occasionally a little input lag, but I've had worse to US servers in the past.

adrian_iron #3 Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• 28002 battles
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
seems to be ok from NZ sometimes ' but you are correct the wot community extends past RU and EU be as it may little numbers   it is this very short sighted attitude in the past that has reduced numbers even more over the years we are not just a player base we are also your customers like many others was looking forward to this short trip down memory lane unfortunately the memory has once again turned into a nightmare "  

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'

Major_TBag #4 Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

Corporal

• 21429 battles
  • [-VON-] -VON-
Yeap guys, if WG wanted everyone to enjoy the reminising they would have place one server for Classic in each region. But since their main bread and butter money comes from where the bulk of their players are, they don't give a stuff about anywhere else. Very obvious with this rollout. Played two battles with 420+ms ping and that was enough for me. great idea, but share it so all can enjoy it.

Vladamir_Inhaler #5 Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

Private

• 59154 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC
God awful ping from here (Adelaide). I had high ping of 250-300 to the NA server, but pretty stable so I could compensate pretty easily. But this 350-700 shooting all over the place with the RU server is just plan shite. Surely for an event such as this they'd expect sufficient worldwide participation to warrant at least one other server option?

southerner #6 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• 16085 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
So my question is, ping aside, is everyone happier playing wot in classic mode ? And to hell with all this modern mumbo jumbo with new rules and vehicles and all sorts.
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

mttspiii #7 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30635 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postsoutherner, on 03 April 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

So my question is, ping aside, is everyone happier playing wot in classic mode ? And to hell with all this modern mumbo jumbo with new rules and vehicles and all sorts.

Maybe because of the nostalgia factor, but yes. Even the music sounded better in Classic but that's surely just the nostalgia filter.

It does feel like old SEA somewhat, there's All-Chat but they're all Russian so it's just Cyrillic-shaped boxes of unreadable banter

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Grivyn #8 Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:32 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 30038 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Played the entire event, unlocked everything bar the German and US arty top tiers. Better ping would have been nice but even with 320-400ms still had fun. Stopped playing tanks completely years ago but heard about this event so had to reinstall to get a fix of old times and aside from latency and missing old comrades in arms enjoyed it. Now with a better ping and the old crew around to play with I would happily pay to play it again.

Ideally would be old gameplay (maps, tanks and camo/repairs/fire crews) with new graphics. What was truly refreshing was being being able to flank and your threat not being blown because of 6th sense triggering on your prey. Lack of prem ammo meant armour and tank angling meant something, Arty was deadly "when" it hit which wasn't that much but there was alot more of it than back in the day due to everyone wanting to see what it was like. Scouts where the most important tanks on the field and generally decided the outcome of battles on the more open maps. Another big thing was the lack of high end derp guns which made for more meaningful heavy game play.

Apparently there was a leader board, given my latency I'm quite chuffed with where I got to;

Player: Grivyn_ASIA
Win %: 54.31%
Avg XP: 459
Wins: 208
Battles: 383

Edited by Grivyn, 05 April 2019 - 04:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users