Why do I always have much worser connection to WoT server than Ships? Anyone have similar experience...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

detonate_me_daddy #1 Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• 11479 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

I get it, australian internet sucks, but on ships i get around 120~170ms ping which is quite manageable, whereas with tanks I'm constantly getting 250+ ping to the hk server, this is unbearable especially with tanks requiring a much better ping than ships which is a much slower paced game.

Sure there is the anz server where I can get around 50-60 ping but the lack of players on it except prime time makes it hard to get a match in.

Edited by H_Doujinshi, 07 April 2019 - 12:55 PM.

That one weeb in all of SABRE. Yep that's me alright.

Ezz #2 Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
WoWS uses a different method of telling you your ping. Roughly halves it from memory.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

detonate_me_daddy #3 Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Corporal

• 11479 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostEzz, on 07 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

WoWS uses a different method of telling you your ping. Roughly halves it from memory.

are you sure about that? I mean I can't tell the lag in ships ever but in wot the lag is unbearable, im getting missing shots left and right (given im not a good tanker but still) the lag is unbearable

wasaabi #4 Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23126 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Ezz is correct. Warships only shows ping from one way, Tanks shows round trip time.  Use this article to see where your problem is http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/83423-using-pingplotter-to-check-your-latency-and-packet-loss/

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

CardinalMite #5 Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• 31958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
In addition to 1 way vs 2 way ping also bear in mind that the fastest warship is an order of magnitude slower than an average tank. So any latency deficiency to your client is in general going to impact warships less than tanks. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

detonate_me_daddy #6 Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

Corporal

• 11479 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postwasaabi, on 07 April 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ezz is correct. Warships only shows ping from one way, Tanks shows round trip time.  Use this article to see where your problem is http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/83423-using-pingplotter-to-check-your-latency-and-packet-loss/

ty will check it now

Puggsley #7 Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:01 AM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
And also your gunnery in ships is usually over much larger distances (6 second + flight time) with a salvo. You expect to hit a lot less of your rounds to begin with so th lag is not nearly as noticable.

Remi_Devil #8 Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• 20688 battles
  • [-KMK-] -KMK-

WOWS asia server is located in Japan where networks run smoothly.

WOT asia server is in HK where network is provided by China Mobile which has skunk reputation for high price and bad connection, ask someone from China you'll get the same answer.

So the issue is, WG get scammed on that [edited] company.

Elegant and Charismatic

GamerDragon #9 Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:52 AM

Private

• 33 battles

In Asia server network is very slow including low Level tanks i don't understand why, High level tanks in Asia is fast but low level tanks in Asia server loading is very slow, i don't understand why anyway is a pay to win game,some guns are super lousy can't even pen some heavy tanks and some light tanks at all, lame game.

wasaabi #10 Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:59 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23126 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Please do not necro old threads.

Thread closed 

~Wasaabi

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users