4 day WoT event in NZ WT?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #1 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27910 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
So when Wargaming came to Brisbane I was expecting a air-conned room with some gamer laptops and somewhere comfortable to sit something well planned not a last minute rush job but how wrong was I we were put in a tiny hot room above a tiny pub where it was pretty much standing room only and you had to shout to be heard with the rest of the other 40+ sardines, you got a free beer glass with a WT logo on it...really (lol) and free beer( I don't drink beer) and lucky to get any finger food as it was swamped on with a big screen of some Russian player without English subtitles, the event was poorly planned and poorly delivered in my opinion a big fail on Wargaming Asia part it goes to show that Wargaming clearly didn't give two hoots about us and now Wargaming sticks the boot in on the Australian players again by hosting a 4 day Wargaming event in NZ ..... 

JayRated #2 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:13 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3419 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey mate,

The player event we're holding in Wellington runs for one night, just like the one in Brisbane did.

We're just also present at the Wellington leg of the Armageddon Expo - a pop-culture show similar to PAX or Supanova - which runs for the weekend. 

In regards to the event in Queensland - I acknowledge that the venue was too small for the number of players we had attend. Unfortunately the turnout became greater than anticipated and we were unable to find an alternate venue in time - I'll wear that as it was one of the first events I'd ever planned in my career.

However the rest of your comments are in my (admittedly biased) opinion painting an unfair picture. You were also provided with free food and non-alcoholic options, in addition to multiple other free merchandise items that you chose not to list as well as a code for in-game bonuses. Not to mention the Regional Product Director for World of Tanks PC flew from Tokyo to speak to each and every one of you about the game that brought us all there.

We will be doing events in Australia again. We will be doing events in Queensland again. These events will be better than the ones that come before them, and this is exactly because I/we give "two hoots" about this community.

Puggsley #3 Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Budgie is in a special mood today Jay.....

Keep learning and improving them, all you can do.

spacewolf #4 Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72610 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I'm surprised Budgie isn't asking for cranberry juice. A lot of women ask for cranberry juice when they are on their crimson wave.

Are you on your crimson wave Budgie?

Proudly sponsored by WG

Puggsley #5 Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• 67185 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

A warm towel and a neck massage is good for gaining brownie points in that time too Spacey. I like to be in a great position for 9 days later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users