Common Test 1.5 First Iteration Bugs and Suggestions

CT 1.5 Common Test 1.5 Swedish Mediums Swedish Heavies High Tier Derp Arty Rebalance Bugs Community Feedback UDES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

kangacub #1 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Corporal

• 14499 battles
  • [-ANR-] -ANR-
I'm creating this thread because there doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread for discussion of the 1.5 Common Test.

I personally have not tested arty,the FV4005 or Type 4/5 Heavies but I have done a fair bit of research into the high tier Swedish Mediums and I have a couple of concerns.

With Regards to the Tier 9 UDES 16:

Completely Stock this Tank actually weighs more than it's Tracks are supposed to be able to take by about .305 tons. I don't know why or how but I'm hoping that it is a bit of a miscalculation on WG's part and not intentional.

The UDES 14 Alt 5 has one turret with a view range of 390, this is excellent for a Tier 8 Medium but when you acquire the Tier 9 your stock turret has 380m base view range. The upgraded Turret which it should be mentioned is hidden behind an Exp wall of the second gun has a view range of 390m like it's Tier 8 brethren and this is pretty standard on the Tier and Class however I would reccomend some changes: firstly the stock turret should not have 380 view range, 385 minimum or ideally 390 base would be ideal; Second Turret should also continue the unique trend of Sweden and have 395, that way its still not the best but it's above average and it adds continuity to the standards set up by the UDES 14 Alt 5 whilst gently moving it away from a more mid-long range tank (UDES 14 5) to a mid range brawler with its average gun handling. This can flow on nicely to the UDES 15/16 perhaps with ~405m a slightly more than bog standard 400 and much better than its currently abhorent 390. This would enable the line to be unique without being overpowered or an instant sniper/scout.

Shell velocity could also get a 50m/s buff on both ammunition types of the top gun to 1200 each. Again smoothly grading between the UDES 14 Alt 5 and UDES 15/16.

With Regards to the Top Tier UDES 15/16:

After doing a bit of snooping around on Tanks.gg I personally think that some of the ammuntition stats need to be adjusted up (buffed): Shell velocity; the standard APCR has the same Velocity of 1000m/s as the AP on the 121, now I don't necessarilly think it should be buffed to 1500 like the STRV but I don't think that it being apcr it should have the same velocity as AP which has more normalization and also larger caliber (121) thus overmatching more. I think perhaps 1200-1300 and the HEAT (prem) up to 1000m/s. WG should not take tanks in game and make them the same across the board when they are not infact similar in anything apart from nominal alpha damage. HE could also potentially get buffed to 1000 or thereabouts.

Penetration wise there are also some irregularities; 254 standard pen is on the low side for Tier 10 Mediums and as the caliber of Gun is 120mm it is larger than the majority of other Tier 10 Medium Tank gun calibers. This being the case I would suggest adding a couple of mm of Penetration, The standard ammo pen is not the main issue though. The penetration value of the Premium HEAT ammuntion is abysmal at 310mm, I personally never remember to use the few premium rounds I take in my tanks for those tight fights but checking the stats again on the ever helpful Tanks.gg I see that the 122mm guns that this 120mm is being modeled off for things like shell veocity and alpha have a whopping 340mm of average penetration and most others have 330mm as standard save for the TVP T 50/51 (310 also) and the AMX 30B (300?!), in the midst of this the UDES 15/16 currently has only 310mm of average pen. Very poor considering it's caliber, would reccomend for buff to 340 if WG can find it within themselves or 330 at the very least.

The joint most important issue along with the shell velocity is the Abysmal view range for a Tier 10 Medium; 390m base. This is the only Medium Tank at Tier 10 to have a sub 400m view Range and it should immediately be raised to a minimum of 400, it isn't necesarry to go overboard to 420 but 400-410 is needed, perhaps even 405? It ties in with the Issue of the Tier 9 UDES 16 and that one, as mentioned earlier could be raised to maybe 395 on the upgraded turret and 390 on the stock. The current meta for Tier 10 means pretty much all tanks are running around with a minimum of 445m view range, Mediums especially have high view ranges even without Coated Optics. 390m would mean that an equipment slot would have to be sacrificed for Optics on this tank while all the other Mediums are running around with view ranges well above the 445m cap without optics giving them a free slot for other combat preformance enhancing equipments thus giving the UDES an unfair handicap from the get go.

If the important changes I have suggested above are implemented then the Line would feel more naturally pregressive and would closely mirror the style that WG implemented for the Top Tier Swedish Tank Destroyers in Patch 9.17.

In Regards to the Swedish Heavy Tank changes I do not have any prior experience in the current versions of the tanks but so far they seem pleasant to play with on the Common Test. Should be mentioned that I have not done thorough research into them and I have only played a few games in the EMIL 1 however if it is anything of a purveyor of the EMIL 2 and Kranvagn then all is well on that front.

On the subject of Artillery all I can comment on is I have noticed a dramitically reduced number of people testing SPG's and I hope that WG makes sure to approprietly adjust the Campaign Missions according to their new effectivness level.

Off the top of my head this is it for now and I'll add more as it becomes apparent.

Thanks for getting to the end and feel free to share your own thoughts and pass on to any WG Staff ;)

kangacub #2 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Corporal

• 14499 battles
  • [-ANR-] -ANR-
Have just been scrolling through the forums and realised that on the Super test the UDES 15/16 had 420m view range, Obviously WG flipped out and went too far with the reversal to 390 so maybe it is perfect for them to split the difference and go 405

JulzTheRaider #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Private

• 7898 battles

For me, the swedish medium tanks are snipers from afar that is nice.

It would be nice if i can research the swedish medium tank from the UDES itself from the TD line to ease the grind just like Tiger P to Tiger 1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users