Frontline Season 1 Episode 3 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Lee_Shawran #61 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

The marshal of missions

• 54220 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D
I suggest that WG should decrease the affect of SPG, if they're in defense, they're always the ones promoting fast without fighting at the front, I think they should decrease by 30% bonus from preventing cap and 40% time of stunt. In addintion, each of front should have only one wheeled vehicle

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

CardinalMite #62 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Captain

• 28422 battles

Gotta say it is pretty irksome  (not having a tier 8 arty) to have to take very significant (near suicidal) risk as a defender to reset cap or nearly as much risk, to take a cap as an attacker; to get anything like the prestige  xp of someone who can literally play  with 0 risk in an arty.

That risk often means sitting out significant time of the match with no tank available or just farming damage instead which gives you way less progress.

Arty either should have similar levels of risk (impractical) or as Lee mentioned get a much smaller %.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Puggsley #63 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• 66851 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Logged in for 2 FL games last night. Defenders won both really easily.

Only general was a guy in arty. Hardly any field players got to major.

Made grinding the Churchill III to get the CGC seem a much better option. 

Can't we utilise the Grand Battle maps for some [edited] variety?

TheBudgiesmuggler #64 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27247 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN
Have been playing just mainly auto-loaders on the HK FL on occasion I'll run SPG, too many waiting for a game 64 was the highest I saw, teams seem to be a little more balanced with the defence fix up but not every game seen attacking teams fold and defence teams fold its very slow for ranking made captain and lieutenant quite a bit with a rare major and it was only just as the game ended with a win the second I went major.....

TheBudgiesmuggler #65 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• 27247 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN

View PostLee_Shawran, on 18 April 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

I suggest that WG should decrease the affect of SPG, if they're in defense, they're always the ones promoting fast without fighting at the front, I think they should decrease by 30% bonus from preventing cap and 40% time of stunt. In addintion, each of front should have only one wheeled vehicle

agree with 1 go-cart per side

Conan #66 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10024 battles
  • [WG] WG
FYI, Frontline Episode 3 has been extended by 1 day due to the issues with the start of the event. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

CardinalMite #67 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• 28422 battles

Conan I understand that further changes are due for episode 4 and that they  weren't ready for this round. Can you share what these further changes intend to do, and which issues reported they attempt to address?

It would be nice to know what we can expect for episode 4?  

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Sir_Direkin #68 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12064 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

Actually, C attack has become so bad that I've seen people suicide just so they can spawn somewhere else. Who can blame them? A and B end up at the objectives while C remains uncapped almost every game.

View PostCardinalMite, on 18 April 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Gotta say it is pretty irksome  (not having a tier 8 arty) to have to take very significant (near suicidal) risk as a defender to reset cap or nearly as much risk, to take a cap as an attacker; to get anything like the prestige  xp of someone who can literally play  with 0 risk in an arty.

That risk often means sitting out significant time of the match with no tank available or just farming damage instead which gives you way less progress.

Arty either should have similar levels of risk (impractical) or as Lee mentioned get a much smaller %.

View PostPuggsley, on 18 April 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Logged in for 2 FL games last night. Defenders won both really easily.

Only general was a guy in arty. Hardly any field players got to major.

Made grinding the Churchill III to get the CGC seem a much better option. 

Can't we utilise the Grand Battle maps for some [edited] variety?

Disgusting, eh?

I should add that I became General before the enemy even managed to cap any of the first line. Even someone in chat said "Already? Seriously?". Yep, already. And at no risk.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

CFZ #69 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

Private

• 16822 battles

Just in a match in my arty in attack zone C, and as per usual on asia server everyone left the zone so only me and a heavy were left. So surprise surprise i get killed because WG have made arty so useless and defenceless it was a sure thing......BUT the real problem was that the stupid game only gave me the option of respawning in one location no matter what tank i chose.....right in the middle of 10 enemy tanks....and i mean the literaly, the only spawn point had around 10 enemy tanks ON IT. So i just exited the game as there was no point in even trying and the game would just make me respawn to that point every time i got killed...such a waste of time and credits, thanks a lot WG...awsome job there...NOT.

To me it seems like such a easy basic thing to fix which i thought WG had fixed since the last FL series but apparently not.

Addition...i lost over 13K credits because WG can't get things right, not sure why i should lose credits because they didn't fix this issue which has been around sinse the begining.

Edited by CFZ, 18 April 2019 - 03:46 PM.

stewiejp #70 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:13 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43348 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Sir Direkin - Arty part of the problem confirmed.

CFZ - had you not chosen to be part of the problem you would have been able to abandon the flank with the rest of your team. Learn from it.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Sir_Direkin #71 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:29 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12064 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostCFZ, on 18 April 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

BUT the real problem was that the stupid game only gave me the option of respawning in one location no matter what tank i chose.....right in the middle of 10 enemy tanks....and i mean the literaly, the only spawn point had around 10 enemy tanks ON IT. So i just exited the game as there was no point in even trying and the game would just make me respawn to that point every time i got killed...such a waste of time and credits, thanks a lot WG...awsome job there...NOT.

Oh yeah, I've had that as well. Chose to spawn in A, ended up spawning in C smack bang in the middle of 7 tanks all spawn camping. Like you, LITERALLY in the middle of them. *slow clap* And I was the only one there, of course. As I've said, people who start in C are increasingly like to suicide straight away to spawn somewhere else.

Also is it just my imagination, or are these teams getting worse? A and B almost always fall without any resistance at all. People just sit around and watch.

And another rant about those [edited] EBRs. Here I'm playing my P44 Pantera. Just respawned in that, and went to defend 2.

First three shots go into a T-44, no problem at all. Then an EBR with ~100hp comes after me. A 1-shot, basically. Technically a one shot. 4 shots into him later, despite being hard to hit, I'm the one who's dead. Because I can't pen a light tank, but he can pen me. Top notch game mechanics. Bravo! 10/10.

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

mttspiii #72 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30786 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
What really irks me is the aim bug still happening. I aim at a target, it cloaks, and now I can't aim at where it used to be; the shot-drop adjuster compensates unnecessarily preventing me from blind-shotting.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

LesterBurnham #73 Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 35426 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-

Too many clown cars........you limit arty? them them.

CFZ #74 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:00 PM

Private

• 16822 battles
4 times In the last 2 days when I've been killed I have been FORCED to respawn in a place where there are at least 6 enemy on and around the only spawn point i was allowed to respawn in with no team mates in the entiere zone to help. WG you have one job to do...fix the game, why can't you do this? It seems simple enough to either limit the amount of players to enter a zone therefore keeping it more balanced OR let the killed player spawn into a safer area or zone...simple!!!!

CFZ #75 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Private

• 16822 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 18 April 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

CFZ - had you not chosen to be part of the problem you would have been able to abandon the flank with the rest of your team. Learn from it.

Not sure what you meant by I'm part of the problem coming from a CC thats quite rude and insulting really and I thought you should be showing a better example, but if you are talking about any player that happens to dare play a match in arty then that  isn't really the problem i was talking about as the same thing has happened to me in different tanks over the lat 2 days and it doesn't matter what zone you were killed in the game still wants to place you where it wants too.

Sir_Direkin #76 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12064 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

So apparently those who like to defend clown cars say they're great at taking out arty. True, but not much better than ordinary lights as it is. And since these teams are getting campier by the day to the extent where we can even see both teams staring down into empty cap circles, I guess we need more camping prevention units. I'm noticing four arty on side a lot more often now as it is.

How about this. Three arty per side? How about three in one sector alone:

With the 4th arty in another sector.

But wait... there's more!

Four arty not enough for you yet?

How about five?!

This was the same game as that last screenshot. And yes, they're all active.

FramFramson #77 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:22 AM

Major

• 42859 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

I see they've managed to completely destroy one of the best formats they ever introduced. That's for the collected warning to stay the f away and not tarnish my memory of that first and - it seems - only time FL was good.

Good job WG. A+ as usual.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

TheBudgiesmuggler #78 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27247 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN

You get two types of game play on FL either players have a clue and defend as vehemently as the attackers all the way to the end, those games are awesome and then you have teams that just give up and the zones fall in like 20 seconds. Do the majority of players on FL have a clue or understanding as to what's involved aka tactics in defending/attacking the cap zones or gun emplacements?  There's little square box in the bottom right of your battle screen I believe not many look at it....

This game is a all in or nothing venture; I like many other read the mini-map and if need be do a suicide run into the cap to stop the count shoot and ram as many tanks as possible tanks while the majority sit back.

For those who don't like SPG I stopped using SPG 1 being there's way too many in queue and 2 was having more fun in my medium auto-loaders, LT432 & SKG.

I think Wargaming needs re-educate the primary player base with actual videos or game play instructions of what do during the game.

My last game we lost D because their were only 3 of 15 defending where were the rest? This a quite regular occurrence....

Conan does the game allow more than 15 to spawn on one map at any given time? It might explain where the 12 other players went to?

Overall with improvements to defence I'm finding this FL way better than number 2.

TheBudgiesmuggler #79 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27247 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN

View Poststewiejp, on 18 April 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

So Stew how exactly is he "part of the problem" when the problem is 13 players pissing off to a different map I've seen this many times and stuck to my guns and waited sometimes they come back well not the dropkicks that left players with heads screwed on, maybe being a CC you could offer support not a rebuke..

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 20 April 2019 - 10:42 AM.

TheBudgiesmuggler #80 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27247 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN

View Poststewiejp, on 18 April 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Futhermore how is SPG the problem out of 90 tanks you have 6 SPG and 94 other types how many players use the go-carts, for example I needed help SOSed and 7 EBR's rocked up and you complain about 6 SPG's lol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

NameWasStolenStresslevel, CardinalMite