World of Warplanes - kinda... flew under the radar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DeadArashi #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:53 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12817 battles

Joking aside, WoWp is a hell of a lot better then it once was and the only reason I never played it was because there wasn't an Asia server... until a few days ago when suddenly there is one now; https://worldofwarplanes.asia/game/

Fun news, Premium account does crossover to WoWp from other WG titles, nothing new here. But unlike with WoWs, gold is shared between WoT and WoWp.

Give it a go, it's actually a pretty fun game

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:45 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Yea it's in nihongo...

Lots of nihongo news also fly under the radar... like events and GuP mods...

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

First attempt at login: "You have been disconnected from the server"

Subsequent attempts: Can't even see login screen

Good

DeadArashi #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:27 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12817 battles
Feels bad, I managed to get in first go without issue. Problem is that since the news went under the radar there's next to no one playing

GL5 #5 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Corporal

• 22681 battles

I was enjoying playing (first time) but i'm about to give up. It's so buggy that I spend more time re-logging in due to freezes, hangs and loss of control, than actually flying.

Wolvenworks #6 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 13459 battles
  • [DONUT] DONUT

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 21 April 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

Yea it's in nihongo...

Lots of nihongo news also fly under the radar... like events and GuP mods...

yes it is suspiciously weird that it always defaults to the JP page instead of the english page (which does exist). also to note is the ancient UI. it makes the UI in warships look high-tech.you'd thought that a game megacorp like WG would at least try to uniformalize things like UI standards for a franchise chain for the sake of some form of consistency.

also still not sure why WOWP was released as silent as a really stinky fart. it's like WG doesn't want you to know it's there now. but knowing the current beta-like state of the game, i can understand why they're so reluctant to advertise a dated game but hey on the upside the planes now control like during the beta times, and not the post-beta days when the bloody thing turns like a dead duck. i guess if i have some spare time to burn i'll go re-grind the Zero again

just sad that due to the very low profile of the release they didn't even have a forum, nor did offer an account transfer. i wonder if my early type Buffalo is still around in EU (or whether WG has nuked my hard-earned beta plane to oblivion. it's the only beta exclusive in the World series that you have to actually grind to get, in comparison with WoT's free KV 220-2, and WOWS's pay-to-beta ships)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users