Which Civ to grind

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

_Sp4rtacus_ #1 Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

Sergeant

• 7291 battles

Annoying tbh .

Started with America , the M2 is a pretty decent all rounder , get to the M3 its a piece of garbage, so looked at some M4 sherman vids on youtube and they seem to say pretty much use any other tier V tank than the sherman . XP XP XP seems to be the slooow grind . So many options = so many mistakes .

Thinking of pulling the pin on the U.S and maybe grind the Hetzer line , i dont know or continue with U.S .

I know everyone will have an opinion .

MagicalFlyingFox #2 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32920 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

I usually like to play as Victoria, preferably with a mod that improves AI because the sun never sets in the British Empire. 

Sometimes I play as Caesar because of their early mid-game capabilities and the benefits of conquering.

Oh wait, wrong civ.

You could go up a Russian tree, the KV-1 is a good tank for beginners or continue with the M3 Lee for the M4 sherman.
The M4 is a fairly solid medium tank, which is about all you're going to get at tier 5. There isn't really any stand-out medium tank in tier 5. If anything, its in the better half if you were to compare them all. 

You can also work your way up to the T-34 which is another solid option. 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

SiKiN #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25772 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
If you have the Garage Slots why not do both?

I've done that for all my lines and I'm almost about to finish my last tier 7 tank. Yea it makes getting my dailies incredibly time consuming but I have the tanks and can choose from immediately what I feel like playing instead of what I want to grind because I am already grinding due to the fact I have all lines progressing.

This might not be for everyone but I can say I enjoy this method, I have finished 20 lines and have 32 more to go. So I have 32 tanks everyday to get first win of the day with, thats alot of options to choose from, giving me the freedom to choose how I spend each session instead of being forced into 1 line.

EDIT: Not recommended for low tiers (Tier 4 or below) the reason for this is you can only sell 5 tanks a day, a system in place to stop accidental account hijacking from doing too much damage. So because of that low tiers which you can theoretically do very quickly if your on song you will sometimes finish too many tanks in 1 sitting and wont be able to sell them in order to move onto the next tier.

Edited by SiKiN, 02 May 2019 - 05:47 AM.

spacewolf #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73660 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 01 May 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

I usually like to play as Victoria, preferably with a mod that improves AI because the sun never sets in the British Empire. 

Sometimes I play as Caesar because of their early mid-game capabilities and the benefits of conquering.

Oh wait, wrong civ.

This is where I went to as well, thought does he mean Civ 5 or 6?

Civ 5 I'm running a bit of Nebuchadnezzar and Ramses. If WOT has pissed me off too much I go Casimir for the OP.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Wodka_Warrior #5 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19741 battles

Civ a.i. too strong plz nerf.

In all seriousness op just play Russian lines till you get the hang of the game then branch off into more nations. T-34 with pew pew gun is a beast. Kv-1 is always a good choice too.

_Sp4rtacus_ #6 Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

Sergeant

• 7291 battles

View PostSiKiN, on 02 May 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

If you have the Garage Slots why not do both?

I've done that for all my lines and I'm almost about to finish my last tier 7 tank. Yea it makes getting my dailies incredibly time consuming but I have the tanks and can choose from immediately what I feel like playing instead of what I want to grind because I am already grinding due to the fact I have all lines progressing.

This might not be for everyone but I can say I enjoy this method, I have finished 20 lines and have 32 more to go. So I have 32 tanks everyday to get first win of the day with, thats alot of options to choose from, giving me the freedom to choose how I spend each session instead of being forced into 1 line.

EDIT: Not recommended for low tiers (Tier 4 or below) the reason for this is you can only sell 5 tanks a day, a system in place to stop accidental account hijacking from doing too much damage. So because of that low tiers which you can theoretically do very quickly if your on song you will sometimes finish too many tanks in 1 sitting and wont be able to sell them in order to move onto the next tier.

Alot of playing :)

I have 4 garage slots free atm and use 2 American tanks M2 and M3lee and the German PZ.Kpfw.1 light tank depending on what i want to do . At one 12500 xp my options are limited as to what to do next .

As the Hetzers seem good and i wouldnt mind trying arty .

Also can someone PLEASE tell me how to do the ingame commands " Attention to F8 " etc or fire arty here ?

Ezz #7 Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Hold Ctrl then click the map to do a ping. Stuff like chat commands you press enter to open the chat box, then enter again to send.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Dieselnuts #8 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• 14144 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Damn who's up for a friendly game of multi Civ V?

Ezz #9 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDieselnuts, on 02 May 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Damn who's up for a friendly game of multi Civ V?

I skipped V. Plus am a little concerned that playing multi would cause a rather rude awakening that the AI isn't actually as OP as it seems compared to brains.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Dieselnuts #10 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

Sergeant

• 14144 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
The AI in Civ games is actually pretty bad. In order to make the difficulty harder, the higher difficulty AI just cheats. 

_Sp4rtacus_ #11 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Sergeant

• 7291 battles

View PostEzz, on 02 May 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hold Ctrl then click the map to do a ping. Stuff like chat commands you press enter to open the chat box, then enter again to send.

Excellent THANKYOU 

MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32920 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Press Z to see a wheel of commands. They also have hotkeys which you can use instead. I personally press Z then move my mouse to the right command.

It changes if you have your curser over an ally. T also targets enemies or asks allies to follow you. 

View PostEzz, on 02 May 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

I skipped V. Plus am a little concerned that playing multi would cause a rather rude awakening that the AI isn't actually as OP as it seems compared to brains.

Tier V is one of the best, tier VI needs improving. AI is stupid which is why I recommend mods. 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 03 May 2019 - 08:08 AM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

kickim #13 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

First lieutenant

• 53280 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
if in doubt, press F1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users