Best Artillery

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

spacewolf #21 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73293 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Don't forget to move after you shoot, and remember to run 4k monitor hacks. 

Try to avoid alt tabbing into you tube cat videos too please. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

_Sp4rtacus_ #22 Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles
4K monitor hacks ?

_Sp4rtacus_ #23 Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 09 May 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Nearly every game you should move up between shots to make sure you can keep shooting at targets. 

If you are sitting in the one spot waiting for an enemy to peek out you are doing it wrong.

Keep moving so you have a good shot as soon as you are reloaded. Stay reasonably close behind your tanks to keep flight time to a minimum and improve your accuracy on target.

Thanks for that ' move up between shots while reloading ' why is my arty moving by itself is it following a target , i mean if i go back to move its position (non-aiming) 

i have found my arty several times creeping up the map ? Totally out in the open , smh .

If a target is exposed and stationary i can hit no problems , thats a rare occurrence that a tank will sit for that long exposed or without camo .

So by the time the reticle green circle tightens a tank will move off , so its hit or miss as to guessing which route the tank is going to retreat or advance to .

Still pretty frustrating to play , challenging , but as i have 5 tanks on the go i'll stick with it just for the challenge .

Biggest downfull in this game is nobody thinks to defend an arty , if they did it would be a more powerful team asset 

Edited by Sp4rtacus_1, 11 May 2019 - 04:03 PM.

kickim #24 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 52456 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 11 May 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thanks for that ' move up between shots while reloading ' why is my arty moving by itself is it following a target , i mean if i go back to move its position (non-aiming) 

i have found my arty several times creeping up the map ? Totally out in the open , smh .

If a target is exposed and stationary i can hit no problems , thats a rare occurrence that a tank will sit for that long exposed or without camo .

So by the time the reticle green circle tightens a tank will move off , so its hit or miss as to guessing which route the tank is going to retreat or advance to .

Still pretty frustrating to play , challenging , but as i have 5 tanks on the go i'll stick with it just for the challenge .

Biggest downfull in this game is nobody thinks to defend an arty , if they did it would be a more powerful team asset 

make sure you stop your tank b4 you go into aiming/shooting mode. or just press space bar to stop tank.

many low tier tanks do not have 6th sense commander skill, meaning they may not be aware that they have been lit up and can be seen by the entire enemy team, they are still happily sitting stationary in their bush sniping away thinking they are invisible. shoot those.

tanks who are focused on trading shots usually just move forward and back, just pre-aim spot and time it.

especially those tanks who need some time to aim.

also, sometimes you can hold your fire and wait for someone to track the enemy tank first.

Also, shoot tanks when they are reversing as reverse speed is much slower in most tanks.

Also, rammer/GLD/vents/food and BIA skills where possible to improve aiming/reload times.

Oh, and blind shot counter battery the usual hiding spots if you have no targets and have the range.

_Sp4rtacus_ #25 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles

After persisting with Arty , bugger that . Not for me , i was getting a tank or two and causing some damage but your a sitting duck .

If a team played as a team you would have a tank destroyed protecting the arty but its each man for themself .

I'd rather be in a light of medium tank . But its worth having a play to see what your up against , what/where they cant hit etc.

kickim #26 Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

First lieutenant

• 52456 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

low tier arty sucks.

get to tier V and above, that's where the big guns and long range and meaty targets are.

_Sp4rtacus_ #27 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles

View Postkickim, on 22 May 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

low tier arty sucks.

get to tier V and above, that's where the big guns and long range and meaty targets are.

Yer i'll see , i can re-purchase the Arty think to tier 3-IV without researching . Thing is with arty it needs backup

It isnt teamwork this game i've found out fairly quickly (unless its clan wars i guess)

Arty needs a tank destroyer next to it , not left to the destruction of a scout .

_Sp4rtacus_ #28 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:53 AM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles

In the M44 now as i've completed all the other Stug missions except for arty , so put in a commander from the races and persisting with it , i'll only ever use SPG for missions , i dislike not being in combat as such and when i see a scout hurtling toward me im at peace with my inevitable demise :-)

Hate Arty , playing it that is , it is definitely a part of any war , although i stand by 3 SPG is to many for any map , 2 is plenty WG .

Puggsley #29 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:22 AM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

With high tier arty make use of the extremely predictable part of play by generally experienced players when fighting on small ridges. eg C1 area on Serene Coast.

They ALWAYS pull back to safety after firing. Simply aim 1 or 2 tank lengths behind them, and fire as soon as you see their tracer as they fire. They will reverse neatly into your shell.

It is much easier than trying to fire as they move forward or wait for them to stop moving before you shoot. 

Ezz #30 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Interesting, i basically 99% of the time go forwards after every shot as that gets me further. Mind you that's mostly in the 5355, so i'm not sure if it makes as much of a difference on the slower clickers.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #31 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Not in the arty mate, fighting normal tanks. Years ago when I ran mods if it was a good player it was by far the most predictable move they would make. Made hitting them in arty pretty easy. 

I'm with you I move around a lot in arty as well, the closer you are, the less you miss. :arta: 

Ezz #32 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:59 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ah yes. Missed the C1 bit. For some reason i thought you were talking CB. The other thing to watch for are auto loaders. They invariably will take first shot and sit still. Then it's basically RNG to see if you get them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sp4rtacus_ #33 Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• 6049 battles
Thankyou guys for your input , got 5 kills today in the M44 , but i'm only using it for Stug missions etc , i dont really enjoy the play style .

TA_Ajax #34 Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• 0 battles
Is the bat arty still viable or they nerf it? haven't played in a few years so I have no idea but for my own reference. 

Puggsley #35 Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post_Sp4rtacus_, on 16 October 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Thankyou guys for your input , got 5 kills today in the M44 , but i'm only using it for Stug missions etc , i dont really enjoy the play style .

Move forward a lot with the battle and it will be a lot more enjoyable, especially when they are getting hit from unexpected angles and then need to fall back or be caught in a crossfire. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users