Jump to content


For God Sake Fix the Matchmaking


  • Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

spacewolf #161 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 78011 battles
  • 3,005
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

In all honesty most of us are rather amused. We haven't had a fresh SBMM nutter in a while.

15 posts to


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


spacewolf #162 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 78011 battles
  • 3,005
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

In all honesty most of us are rather amused. We haven't had a fresh SBMM nutter in a while.

reply.


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


STEALTHandGUILE #163 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

In all honesty most of us are rather amused. We haven't had a fresh SBMM nutter in a while.

amusement is ok for the regulars but I hope and request that anyone affected or feels the same way continue the good fight



STEALTHandGUILE #164 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
I like the way It takes him 15 posts to reply.    Thanks 175 and counting. still waiting on your elaborations of  "Didn't you read it's his right to be bad and demand rewards for living his fattest life in that arena?"

Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 16 September 2019 - 04:40 PM.


spacewolf #165 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:57 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 78011 battles
  • 3,005
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 16 September 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

I like the way It takes him 15 posts to reply.    Thanks 175 and counting. still waiting on your elaborations of  "Didn't you read it's his right to be bad and demand rewards for living his fattest life in that arena?"

Just hang in there, I'll get to it shortly. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


Puggsley #166 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 76239 battles
  • 2,184
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 16 September 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

so far quite aware  but not sure how it has been received.


it certainly hasn't been received as the definitive example of how WN8 predicts winning. Because it clearly shows bugger all correlation. 

 

If you can where is the error and convince us that WN8 is a good measure? Come on tell us all and amaze us. Or amaze us with your backflips and backdowns. Or lies if you like. Typical tin foil hatter who can never support their point. 

 

Its always hard being misunderstood!

 

:popcorn:


Edited by Puggsley, 16 September 2019 - 05:33 PM.


STEALTHandGUILE #167 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostPuggsley, on 16 September 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:


it certainly hasn't been received as the definitive example of how WN8 predicts winning. Because it clearly shows bugger all correlation. 

 

If you can where is the error and convince us that WN8 is a good measure? Come on tell us all and amaze us. Or amaze us with your backflips and backdowns. Or lies if you like. Typical tin foil hatter who can never support their point. 

 

Its always hard being misunderstood!

 

:popcorn:

winning to   me ,means  having a rate of 55% and above win rate  and anything over 1800 is a good WN8. Bugger  all correlation cannot be explained  so I will refrain from doing so."typical tin foil hatter  "   ooooh   Muggsy using fancy terminology. Forget the terminology ,Muggsy and you probably  wouldn't have to post  about "Its always hard being misunderstood!" . By the way  who is "us" ,  I noticed the same "us" in other posts, is it the muggsy trio  or are there more of you lurking in the woodwork.


Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 16 September 2019 - 11:01 PM.


STEALTHandGUILE #168 Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
I had the time to checkout a site called Wot Stats and Numbers in which some figures are available. The list includes 31021 active players with 1000 + battles in the SEA server .
 The highest win rate is 81.26 and the lowest  37.96. Of the 31021 players, 26388 are clubbed into the range of 45-55% win rate. approx 85%.
This is as per the general expectations but what was surprising to me is that there are 3208 players above 55% and only 1345 players below 45%.  
I always felt that the wins of the above 55% is at the cost of the 45% below. but the numbers if true, I have no reason to believe otherwise, has disproved  my  long held belief.
This admission is by no means an end to the fight for skill based  MM , which shall continue.

Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 17 September 2019 - 11:20 AM.


NameWasStolenStresslevel #169 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:23 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 50969 battles
  • 1,430
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 17 September 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

I had the time to checkout a site called Wot Stats and Numbers in which some figures are available. The list includes 31021 active players with 1000 + battles in the SEA server .
 The highest win rate is 81.26 and the lowest  37.96. Of the 31021 players, 26388 are clubbed into the range of 45-55% win rate. approx 85%.
This is as per the general expectations but what was surprising to me is that there are 3188 players above 55% and only 1439 players below 45%.  
I always felt that the wins of the above 55% is at the cost of the 45% below. but the numbers if true, I have no reason to believe otherwise, has disproved  my  long held belief.
This admission is by no means an end to the fight for skill based  MM , which shall continue.

 

45% are quite rare actually. The most commom folks in the server are the 44%, 46% and 48%, maybe odd numbers are rarer than even numbers of wr percentile?? All i know is that your math doesnt add much to your own point.


Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)


NameWasStolenStresslevel #170 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:26 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 50969 battles
  • 1,430
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015
we need some datasheet-armed, statistician guy here to confirm to us that the server has more 42%s-44%s WR than 45%s.

Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)


NameWasStolenStresslevel #171 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:31 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 50969 battles
  • 1,430
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015
guys i will say one last time, if u dont like the game at the state it is, you have two choices: 1.Quit 2.play arty 3.play low tiers with some overpowered tank and make the new players cry blood and fart of stress until they quit the game. Thats one good way to relief the stress i have found.

Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)


STEALTHandGUILE #172 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 September 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

we need some datasheet-armed, statistician guy here to confirm to us that the server has more 42%s-44%s WR than 45%s.

Why ?, the site has everything in 311 pages ,  serial number ,name of player, battles played, win rate , WN8, average damage, max kills ,max damage,etc. It can be arranged in any order and as per our criteria. you just have to then go to the relevant page to see ,for example ,number of players in 45% win rate. Suggest you go to the site, better than my explaining.


Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 17 September 2019 - 02:29 AM.


STEALTHandGUILE #173 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:10 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
As per the site statistics   , there are 1361 players with 45% win rate , starting from serial 28281 with 45. 99% and ending at serial 29642  with  45.00% also  players in the range of 42% -44% is 1320 ,starting from serial 29857 with 44.99% to serial 30977 with 42.00%. There seems to be some small additions and deletions taking place but they are minuscule ,probably the site being updated. 

Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 17 September 2019 - 02:49 AM.


BorisTheBlade888 #174 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:18 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39741 battles
  • 595
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 16 September 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

Why ?, the site has everything in 311 pages ,  serial number ,name of player, battles played, win rate , WN8, average damage, max kills ,max damage,etc. It can be arranged in any order and as per our criteria. you just have to then go to the relevant page to see ,for example ,number of players in 45% win rate. Suggest you go to the site, better than my explaining.

 

Stealth I believe your ability to detect sarcasm = zero. :facepalm:



STEALTHandGUILE #175 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 17 September 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

 

Stealth I believe your ability to detect sarcasm = zero. :facepalm:

"thanks"  and as I said earlier " when I am sarcastic you will know it". subtility  can be misunderstood and generally is, so I say dont bother.


Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM.


spacewolf #176 Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 78011 battles
  • 3,005
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 17 September 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

guys i will say one last time, if u dont like the game at the state it is, you have two choices: 1.Quit 2.play arty 3.play low tiers with some overpowered tank and make the new players cry blood and fart of stress until they quit the game. Thats one good way to relief the stress i have found.

 

I've always said there are 3 kinds of people in this world - those that can count and those that can't. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


STEALTHandGUILE #177 Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 91070 battles
  • 185
  • [PGASE] PGASE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

View Postspacewolf, on 17 September 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

View Postspacewolf, on 17 September 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

 

I've always said there are 3 kinds of people in this world - those that can count and those that can't. 

and then there is you.


Edited by STEALTHandGUILE, 17 September 2019 - 09:50 AM.


Puggsley #178 Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 76239 battles
  • 2,184
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 16 September 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

winning to   me ,means  having a rate of 55% and above win rate  and anything over 1800 is a good WN8. Bugger  all correlation cannot be explained  so I will refrain from doing so."typical tin foil hatter  "   ooooh   Muggsy using fancy terminology. Forget the terminology ,Muggsy and you probably  wouldn't have to post  about "Its always hard being misunderstood!" . By the way  who is "us" ,  I noticed the same "us" in other posts, is it the muggsy trio  or are there more of you lurking in the woodwork.

 

So you have backflipped again? 

 

Calling people names is the best you have eh?


Edited by Puggsley, 17 September 2019 - 10:02 AM.


BorisTheBlade888 #179 Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39741 battles
  • 595
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

Stealth - you realize you don't have to behave in the manner indicated by your clan name right?


Edited by BorisTheBlade888, 17 September 2019 - 10:27 AM.


Ezz #180 Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 75476 battles
  • 36,949
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostSTEALTHandGUILE, on 17 September 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

and then there is you.

No you.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users