For God Sake Fix the Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Puggsley #21 Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

^^ Agree, it only needs a few.

Although I was getting an epic case of the poops last night. 8 losses on the trot. I now know MM was out to get me. Could have also been the Stock UDES 16 which lured me in with that sexy turret and a low free xp balance....

Also cleaned out the depot of surplus AFE (kept 100 of the things but they so rarely needed), large repair and med kits and banked an extra 20 mil credits. Those things are almost like having a premium account!

I'm old school science, not all this post modern consensus rubbish. Only the side proposing the theory has to prove anything, those against it just have to show it is false. And if your theory cannot be falsified then it ain't science. 

Edited by Puggsley, 09 May 2019 - 09:14 AM.

Vindictus_Maximus #22 Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:50 PM

Corporal

• 5766 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 08 May 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Wait... Vindiesel is Hopey?

Ahahahaha! It all makes sense now...

I am just an ex NA server player that is now forced to play on this asia server. I have read his posts here before though come across him last week, I remember the battle because I was up against Aqua Green in his EBR and came across Hopey arty hunting at the end of the battle

<a href='http://oi65.tinypic.com/16lmct0.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi65.tinypic.com/16lmct0.jpg</a>

Vindictus_Maximus #23 Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• 5766 battles

View PostEzz, on 08 May 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

Scientists in the case of man's impact on climate change and anyone with a basic understanding of stats in the case of the MM. Ironically it's the denialists who keep up the 'but no one can prove it either way' narrative.

The 'denialists' are normally the libertarian right that is always interested in debate, but this is rarely possible with lefties. The lefties tend to want to shut down discussion, and seem particularly triggered by facts that don't suit them. Hitler was a fascist lefty, and it took the libertarian right to destroy him. Lets hope the libertarian right are not forced to do it again.....

Anyway just a few points regarding man made climate change. Climate change has been happening long before man.

Not only on Earth. Other planets  in the solar system (where there are no humans) are also undergoing climate change

http://news.mit.edu/2002/pluto

https://www.space.co...ending-now.html

This phenomena has nothing to do with carbon. It has something more to do with the planets itself heating up. The increased tectonic activity  is corresponding with this warming period we are undergoing

All this indicating in terms of planetary planetary warming, carbon is actually the effect, not the cause. And the Greenhouse effect is a fraud.

And the possibility that the climate change movement has nothing to do with climate, and everything to do with global finance, geopolitics, and population control. And the scientists likely care more about funding, prestige, and lifestyle rather than genuine care of the planet and it's people.

The Earth will continue to heat up, and there nothing we can do to stop it. We can however mitigate the effects, by focusing on water security (redirecting rainfall and storing it) and terraforming (using that redirected water to turn arid/barren land in productive forested land).  Reducing our carbon output (with it our standard of living and economic power) is pointess and foolish

Vindictus_Maximus #24 Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

Corporal

• 5766 battles

And to return on topic.

The winrate band is way too tight for there not to be some algorithm regulating it

<a href='http://oi68.tinypic.com/mjstug.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi68.tinypic.com/mjstug.jpg</a>

As I say, I cant prove it, but it is hardly wearing a tinfoil hat to suspect.

Ezz #25 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:09 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The issue isn't whether climate change occurs. It's whether humans have had an impact on it. But good graphs anyway.

As to WR, what spread would you expect in a random 15 v 15 sample?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #26 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:23 PM

Captain

• 29493 battles

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 10 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

And to return on topic.

The winrate band is way too tight for there not to be some algorithm regulating it

<a href='http://oi68.tinypic.com/mjstug.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi68.tinypic.com/mjstug.jpg</a>

So your evidence is your feels..

Glad you took the scientific approach.

You just described normal distribution  as per, "In probability theory, the normal (or Gaussian or Gauss or Laplace–Gaussdistribution is a very common continuous probability distribution. Normal distributions are important in statistics and are often used in the natural and social sciences to represent real-valued random variables whose distributions are not known.[1][2] A random variable with a Gaussian distribution is said to be normally distributed and is called a normal deviate."

So if it is tall and thin it means that there is a lot of players somewhere close to the average 49%. Hardly a shocker, memes aside about terrible players, it is unusual to see players worse than 45% and it is also unusual to see players north of 55%. But it is still a curve that goes to each extreme of less than 40% and more than 60%.

If it was rigged then you would find there would be almost no deviation from the rigged win rate value. Everyone would be at say 49% regardless of how well (or badly they play).

The problem with your feels is that there are players that are very good that mostly have decent to very good games. But in order for WG to rig things they would have to predetermine every match and since teams are made up of 15 individuals of varying skill levels,  they dont have tools to do that which would not be obvious in replays. And they would have to do that for thousands of battles in order to maintain the overall win rate curve to whatever they want it to be.

Edited by CardinalMite, 11 May 2019 - 12:00 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

ManilaDjo #27 Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Private

• 5718 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
Typical NA theories... show graph with a scale in hundred thousands of year and one that barely cover a couple thousands of years and explain you how this is all natural.

Edited by ManilaDjo, 11 May 2019 - 11:13 AM.

Ezz #28 Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm also curious why he chose to center the illustrative normal distribution graphs at a mean of ~35. A cynic might suggest that he didn't want the graphs to look too similar (if a little broader) to the observed wr distribution.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

southerner #29 Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• 17824 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 09 May 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

OP AFK or looking for the nearest bit of deep water?

Ever since WG clamped down on players drowning, has the drowning members dropped or has the player numbers in the game gone down. I am just visiting here to read up on 1.5, I am still on an extended holiday from gameplay.

Oh and on climate change, a good decent volcanic eruption will negate all our climate saving efforts. Man made effects on climate change is very minimal.

Edited by southerner, 11 May 2019 - 07:05 PM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

Puggsley #30 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

No idea on the drowners, I still get occasional ones, which are jumped on with relish.

Feels like it might be a little less common but its only anecdotes from me.

Puggsley #31 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostManilaDjo, on 11 May 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Typical NA theories... show graph with a scale in hundred thousands of year and one that barely cover a couple thousands of years and explain you how this is all natural.

Kind of like using tree rings and ice cores (slow response measuring) and then switch to fast response measuring thermometers (7 minutes or so for the old mercury ones) which were superceded by the ultra fast 1 second ones currently in favour. 

And people wonder why we have more extreme temperatures.......... 

mttspiii #32 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postsoutherner, on 11 May 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

Oh and on climate change, a good decent volcanic eruption will negate all our climate saving efforts. Man made effects on climate change is very minimal.

The surprising thing about a good decent volcanic eruption is that it actually somewhat helps our climate saving efforts. Sheer ash thrust into the stratosphere blocked sunlight enough for a 1-2 degree temp reduction for a decade or two.

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 10 May 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

And the Greenhouse effect is a fraud.

And the possibility that the climate change movement has nothing to do with climate, and everything to do with global finance, geopolitics, and population control. And the scientists likely care more about funding, prestige, and lifestyle rather than genuine care of the planet and it's people.

If there's one thing I learned about the politics of science, is that if a theory relies on discrediting someone on the basis of their morality, that theory is wrong.

Edited by mttspiii, 13 May 2019 - 12:43 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

MagicalFlyingFox #33 Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Is there a correlation between scientific denialism and being shit at tanks? 

Lets see, people with a couple decades of education and multiple decades of experience about that specific subject are all wrong are conspiring against us to give themselves a leg up.

And, these people with years of experience playing this game and consistently perform well are all wrong and are conspiring with WG to give themselves a competitive advantage.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 15 May 2019 - 11:02 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

MagicalFlyingFox #34 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 11 May 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

And to return on topic.

Have you taken any class in statistics?

Or are all mathematicians conspiring against us to manipulate our behaviour to provide them with a reason for existing as all forms of algebra and statistics are as valid as a mayan witch doctor? 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 15 May 2019 - 11:09 PM.

FramFramson #35 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 15 May 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Or are all mathematicians conspiring against us to manipulate our behaviour to provide them with a reason for existing as all forms of algebra and statistics are as valid as a mayan witch doctor? 

Mesoamericans were actually pretty advanced in many areas of mathematics. I'd probably trust the mayan witch doctor over a denialist nut.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Vindictus_Maximus #36 Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• 5766 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 15 May 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Lets see, people with a couple decades of education and multiple decades of experience about that specific subject are all wrong are conspiring against us to give themselves a leg up.

This planet has gone through constant and extreme climate change for millions of years, absent any humans at all, as has the planets in the solar system.

The above is scientific fact, man made climate change is but a loose hypothesis. 

You true believers are like religious zealots, useful idiots... Just my luck that I share this planet with such gullible fools that are trying to forcibly convert me to their stupid climate change religion.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 16 May 2019 - 11:00 AM.

Ezz #37 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm never sure about deniers, but i get the feeling some don't realise that the issue isn't that humans cause climate change, but that they have impacted it.

Edited by Ezz, 16 May 2019 - 11:04 AM.

FramFramson #38 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 15 May 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

This planet has gone through constant and extreme climate change for millions of years, absent any humans at all, as has the planets in the solar system.

The above is scientific fact, man made climate change is but a loose hypothesis. 

You true believers are like religious zealots, useful idiots... Just my luck that I share this planet with such gullible fools that are trying to forcibly convert me to their stupid climate change religion.

Remember kids: The scientists you agree with are the right ones and the ones you disagree with are the wrong ones.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

crud #39 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 31329 battles

Take for what you will either way our days are numbered, i believe nasa in the vain hope they might get my children off this rubbish dump, yes there is a natural cycle in the evolution of the planet (given you believe in evolution hot top in it's self) 

We only have a small data sample like those that argue about wot stats and scenarios to prove a point. 

For those that like to read knock yourselves out https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

MagicalFlyingFox #40 Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 16 May 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

You can cherry pick whatever data you want, why should I trust an internet handle over scientific consensus? 

In the same vein, why should I trust an alt with <100 battles over a 20k+ battle unicum? 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 16 May 2019 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users